+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

nivola

Aug 22, 2014
Hi,

I passed my test on Aug 29th, 20/20. During the interview the lady checked my passport and asked where I was working. Waiting for Oath invitation. Almost there :)
Please update:

Application sent: October 16
Application received: October 19
AOR: January 28
Test Invite: July 31
Test date / interview: August 29
Decision Made: August 30
Oath Letter: waiting
Oath Ceremony: waiting

Vancouver office

Thanks!

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I passed my test on Aug 29th, 20/20. During the interview the lady checked my passport and asked where I was working. Waiting for Oath invitation. Almost there :)
Please update:

Vancouver office

Thanks!
Updated

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I was told in my interview and test that they would provide oath within 12 months of application. So I should expect something very soon. I applied in October. Did anyone else heard the same

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I was told in my interview and test that they would provide oath within 12 months of application. So I should expect something very soon. I applied in October. Did anyone else heard the same
They keep saying that, but it certainly doesn’t happen to everybody

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
During the interview I told the officer that My PR has been expired if take so long let me know to renew it. She told me it won't take too long , you don't need to do that . Now 7 month pass and still waiting .

Just I have a question. The officer in the interview Is the same officer that check the document from the biginig?

Addd

Aug 28, 2018
Hi,

Please update:

Vancouver office

Thanks!
Hi, what did you study for the exam?

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
During the interview I told the officer that My PR has been expired if take so long let me know to renew it. She told me it won't take too long , you don't need to do that . Now 7 month pass and still waiting .

Just I have a question. The officer in the interview Is the same officer that check the document from the biginig?
I had different person. I had to go to Scarborough though I live in Brampton. I thought I overheard when they said to everyone in test room that your oath date would be dependent on when you applied as they want to give within 12 month. Then the interview guy told the same. He also asked if I applied for PR renewal (which expires this month for me). I told yes but have not received the renewal card.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
Hi, what did you study for the exam?
Just the discover canada book. The questions are actually from that. If you study that book 2 times (start to finish) and also try to remember some key notes for my own self. In fact let me put them here for everyones benefit.

Canadian citizenship test.
Canada formed 1867. 150 year in 2017 so 151 years now (remember we celebrated 150 years last year). Initially four provinces. Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.

Founding people. Brits, French’s and aboriginal.
From 1800s to 1980s, aboriginal were not properly treated and in 1980 these students were formally apologized.
Aboriginal can be three types. 65 percent First Nation, 30 percent metis and 4 or cent intuis.
18 M speak English while 7 M French as first language. Chinese is next most spoken at home

Canada has constitutional monarchy
Land of midnight is Northern territories.

Suffarage movement allowed women to vote
Victor cross is highest honour Canadian can receive. Around 96 got
Crown is symbol of government.

Kanata was word for village which turned to Canada.
1759 Britain defeated French in plains of Abraham at Quebec City and named province of Quebec. French speaking catholic were Canadians.
1774 Quebec act. It gave religious freedom and permitted to hold public office which was not allowed before.
1776 13 colonies south of Quebec declared USA. 40k loyalists left US and came to Nova Scotia.
First assembly in 1758.
1791 Act. Upper canada Ontario for loyalists and Quebec for catholic French speaking. Canada name become official

1793 First province in empire to officially end slavery.
1832 Montreal stock exchange formed.
1812 war with US. They burnt parliament near Toronto and Canadians burnt White House . Present day is outcome of 1812 border.
1840 lower and upper canada merged.
Confederation formed between 1864 and 1867. Then British North American act passed and we called it Dominion (of canada) day until 1982. Then canada day was named.
1867 four provinces. Quebec, Nova Scotia, Ontario and New Brunswick.
John a Macdonald was first pm and was a lawyer.
Canada had tax which was race based and for Chinese. Canada apologized in 2006.
Sir Wilfred Laurier was first French Canadian PM
1917 female allowed to vote .
11 nov as veteran day.
1 in 10 soldiers in D Day was Canadian and conquered german army Juno beach

Canadian Japanese were forcefully relocated because of Japan war Second World War One and their property taken. Govt apologized in 1988.
Oil found in Alberta 1947.
1960s quiet revolution where Quebec wanted to separate which led to 1969 official language act requiring French in all provinces.
1980 terry fox. Lost right leg at 18 and decided to walk across country to raise money for cancer awareness. He lost life but his legacy continues.
Bell. Canadian
Fleming. Worldwide time zone standard
Fessenden. Radio invented. Sending first wireless voice message
John hops. First pacemaker.
There are federal, provincial, territorial and municipal. Constitutional act 1867.
Highways is provincial thing

Parliament has 3 parts. Sovereign (queen), senate and House of Commons. 4 year elections.
Senator appointed by PM and governance general and serve until age 75.
Governor General is queen representative and serves for 5 years. Julie payette is current Governor General. For law to become effective it has to go to both houses and get royal assent.
Head of state is sovereign and head of government is PM. Leuitenant governor is
Provincial Governor General

3 branches of govt. legislation, executive and judicial

Federal elections. 3rd Monday of Oct every 4 years. There are 308 ridings.

Firefighters, emergency, transport, recycling is municipal. Police is local except ontario and Quebec which is provincial . RCMP is local police outside ontario and Quebec.

Head of state Queen Elizabeth 2. Ontario premier is Doug ford.
Opposition leader Andrew Scheer of conservative. Different from leader of opposition of House of Commons (Candice Bergen). Linda Jeffrey is mayor of brampton from liberal.

Symbols. Crown symbol of govt.
red and white on canada flag is color of France and England. The pattern comes from royal military college in kingston.
Hockey as sport and football as second most popular.
O Canada.
Royal anthem is God save the Queen.

Victoria cross is highest symbol and 96 people so far got it

75 % in service industry. Manufacturing and natural resources as other 2 main industries.

Second biggest region with 10 M sq km. 34M people. 10 provinces and. 3 terrritoires.
Atlantic in east. Pacific on west. Central canada is ontario and Quebec.

Atlantic provinces.
Prince Edward bridge is one of longest multispan bridge in world.
Nova Scotia has worlds highest tide.

Priaries. Sackketchwon Manitoba and Alberta. One of most fertile land of world.

Northern territories have one third of land but just 100k people. Yukon is coldest with minus 63.

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Just received my Oath Invite :D

Application Sent: Oct-29, 2017
Application Received: Nov-01, 2017
Interview Date: Aug-24, 2018
e-CAS Decision Made: Aug-25, 2018
--------------------------------------------------

Oath email received: Sep-07, 2018
Oath Date: Sep-26, 2018 (09:00 AM)
Oath Location: CIC-Mississauga

Good luck everyone!

Ps.: If anyone wants a free ride, pls PM me. I can carry additional 2pax.
Thats great! Congrats! My mom sent citizenship application in Oct 2017. She got the invitation for test\interview. Since she is above the age of 55 she doesnt need to write test. For the interview, what do they ask? What did they ask you in the interview?

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
My mom got the invitation for test\interview. Since she is above the age of 55 she doesn't need to write test. For the interview, what do they ask? What did they ask you in the interview?

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
My mom got the invitation for test\interview. Since she is above the age of 55 she doesn't need to write test. Can anyone please share their interview experience or anyone who is above age of 55 and didn't write a test. What do they ask in the interview?