+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
It seems like my call yesterday on my application anniversary has made a difference.

Decision made in ECAS this morning. Admin can you please update the tracker?

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/08/2011 for PR and Visitor permit extension
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Filed transferred to local office on 5th sep 2012
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
It seems like my call yesterday on my application anniversary has made a difference.

Decision made in ECAS this morning. Admin can you please update the tracker?
Did they email the other department after your call ? I phoned them today amd they said it’s processing and they can’t email it. I habe been waiting over 12 months too.

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Police certificate requested on 18th sep 2012 , fingers prints requested on 1st nov 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
Hi everyone,

A quick question. Once you complete 12 months of your citizenship application, when you phone the call centre can they email or do something ? They only told me it’s processing and never told me weather it’s security checks or what exactly is happening. I have been waiting over six months after my test. I am oct 2017 applicant. Any advice is highly appreciated

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

A quick question. Once you complete 12 months of your citizenship application, when you phone the call centre can they email or do something ? They only told me it’s processing and never told me weather it’s security checks or what exactly is happening. I have been waiting over six months after my test. I am oct 2017 applicant. Any advice is highly appreciated
I applied 14 months ago and passed the test 8 months ago I called them and emailed them several times but they always saying we are doing our job and your file is in process. Seems nothing can do just waiting unless they forgot you. Lol

nazam80

Dec 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
11th August 2011
I applied 14 months ago and passed the test 8 months ago I called them and emailed them several times but they always saying we are doing our job and your file is in process. Seems nothing can do just waiting unless they forgot you. Lol
Which office your application is in ?

maob12

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Did they email the other department after your call ? I phoned them today amd they said it’s processing and they can’t email it. I habe been waiting over 12 months too.
They must have emailed them yes. My guess is that because my background checks were complete, they had to move my application to the next step. I highly doubt that it was just a coincidence that one day after i called, i got Decision Made.

In one of my earlier calls, maybe about 2 months ago, the agent informed me that my background checks were done so i never bothered ordering notes. In your case, it would help to know if the background checks are done, because if they are then they will email the office to move you to the next step after 12 months. If the background checks are not done, i dont think the phone agent will contact the office because they cant move you to the next step regardless.

Hope that helps!