+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

october 2017 citizenship applicants

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
It is different from case to case. But Scarborough is busy and slow . I applied 14 month a go and passed the test 8 month a go still in process. There are many applications who ate waiting for the test . Don't worry you will get the test soon
Yes I guess you are right, so you passed the 12 month mark, did you try calling them and asking about your situation?

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
Hey guys,

I called and was told that since I passed my year mark she was going to send an email reminder to the Scarborough office to remind them about my test. Scarborough office have had my application since July with no test invite yet.

If the reminder is sent, is that the farthest we can go with it or hiring a lawyer will help it more? Not sure what the lawyer can do more to be honest, please help I am really worried this is taking longer than anticipated and I am still waiting for the test invite

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hey guys,

I called and was told that since I passed my year mark she was going to send an email reminder to the Scarborough office to remind them about my test. Scarborough office have had my application since July with no test invite yet.

If the reminder is sent, is that the farthest we can go with it or hiring a lawyer will help it more? Not sure what the lawyer can do more to be honest, please help I am really worried this is taking longer than anticipated and I am still waiting for the test invite
That’s the only thing you can do ... there’s no guarantee that they will do anything after the reminder . You can probably make your voice heard by leaving messages at IRCC’s twitter and Facebook page - if we stay silent they would think we are fine with waiting and will keep us waiting longer

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
Hey guys,

We're in the same boat but how did you get your local office email if you haven't been invited for a test? Please advise

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
We're in the same boat but how did you get your local office email if you haven't been invited for a test? Please advise
I did not email them, the agent I spoke to did. She said that is the procedure they do when you pass the 12 month mark without getting a test invite yet.

verysoonacanadian

Mar 29, 2018
Ok. Did she say anything about when to expect an update after they send that email?
TBH i forgot to ask her, but I am going to wait a couple of weeks then call again. The confusing part is that they keep telling me everything is perfect its just a matter of a test invite, so why would they send it over to Scarborough if i live in Mississauga, where it is less busy

Littup

Star Member
Sep 14, 2018
TBH i forgot to ask her, but I am going to wait a couple of weeks then call again. The confusing part is that they keep telling me everything is perfect its just a matter of a test invite, so why would they send it over to Scarborough if i live in Mississauga, where it is less busy
I hear you. Same here. They keep on saying everything is in order when they couldn't send me a test invite in 12 months! Just don't know what to say and how to get this done. I will call next week and we'll see.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I hear you. Same here. They keep on saying everything is in order when they couldn't send me a test invite in 12 months! Just don't know what to say and how to get this done. I will call next week and we'll see.
I wonder how many calls on Monday morning will be those who just crossed 12 month mark - many sent out on the 11th/12th with one/two day delivery, and received on the 13th-14th , if the 20% number is true, there will be a lot of calls tomorrow morning — if we all call, maybe they’ll realize how messed up this has become and decide to do something .... or they will just ignore since there are too many to handle and they just decide not to do anything at all lol

Reactions: ImageOfLight