28-06-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,
my COPR came today. I want to warn you guys, I wasn't at all contacted by cic office, and COPR was sent via registered mail to my home adress in Croatia. Luckily I had a feeling and called CIC yesterday and was told that, so I had to get a friend pick it up from the post office since I am currently in Canada. So NO MESSAGES, NO EMAIL, nothing since SA, only thing that happened was mycic update to application approved. COPR was sent the same day... crazy...

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Congratz on the CoPR!

Quick question. What does Passport Req..: None visa exempt mean?

How do i find out if i am Visa Exempt and will need the Passport Req section.

From Uk. Visa office is London. Currently working / living in Canada on IEC.

Cookielicious

Oct 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
You are visa exempt, UK doesn't need visa for entry to Canada. The guys who need visa have to send in passport to get the Visa phisically in the passport. You will only get COPR letter.

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
wtatchan said:
Still nothing for me yet... I saw some from HKVO that got it even they have applied after me... Getting a bit frustrated...
Hang in there. All I can say is the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I went to every community event where local MPs were, every speaking event the PM, ministers, anyone of influence was in my area. I was very vocal, asking questions and letting them know my kids and I needed my wife ASAP. Family, friends from across Canada, neighbours and coworkers were outraged my wife was refused a tourist visa. Being kept from her family, also contacted their MPs to let them know what they thought. In the end I think they got tired of us and wanted me to shut up and go away. It worked. Ill probably get audited annually for the rest of my life, and Im probably on some watchlists somewhere. I think it was worth it.

Deepak3003

Apr 6, 2017
Hi All,

I was following this group from the time i applied for my wife outland sponsorship in October. I am a Canadian PR and my wife is in India. I have updated the spread sheet long bank.
I have a question my ECAS notes shows the following and this hasn't changed from a long time , is it similar for other people of Indian processing:

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 25, 2016.
We started processing your application on December 1, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Thanks,
Deepak.

SuruchiMullick

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
21-October-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-11-2016 , AOR 2 : 02-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2017
Deepak3003 said:
Hi All,

I was following this group from the time i applied for my wife outland sponsorship in October. I am a Canadian PR and my wife is in India. I have updated the spread sheet long bank.
I have a question my ECAS notes shows the following and this hasn't changed from a long time , is it similar for other people of Indian processing:

Permanent Residence

Hi yes I have the exact timeline except application date is Oct 21,2016.

Thanks,
Deepak.

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Can anyone help me as I not get reply but I never sent any inquiry last update was in November after sent medical I done it after first approval of sponsorship took 3 days to update in my CIC and ecase I sent police certificate twice updated even they not ask , just I intentionally wait they ask for RPRF as I feel if pay and send they will keep silent as dead could be the delay of that as file moved fast in begin or should I ask them .

SuruchiMullick

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
21-October-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
AOR 1: 10-11-2016 , AOR 2 : 02-12-2016
File Transfer...
29-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
23-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2017
Hi everyone,
My spouse received this email just now,
Thank you for choosing Canada! We know this is a very exciting time in planning an important change in your life.

We have received your application for permanent residence. We expect to begin working on your application in May 2017. We will need time to review and assess your file. We should be ready to communicate with you again by July 2017. We understand that the waiting period can be difficult but please rest assured that we have not forgotten about you.

We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare your application.
This doesn't make sense,our medical has passed and we haven't been requested to submit any docs.
Please give me your input, this is very stressful Sad

mohdmahir1

Nov 4, 2016
Windsor
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
26-10-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Done....
10-09-2016
SuruchiMullick said:
Hi everyone,
My spouse received this email just now,
Thank you for choosing Canada! We know this is a very exciting time in planning an important change in your life.

We have received your application for permanent residence. We expect to begin working on your application in May 2017. We will need time to review and assess your file. We should be ready to communicate with you again by July 2017. We understand that the waiting period can be difficult but please rest assured that we have not forgotten about you.

We appreciate the time you have taken to prepare your application.
This doesn't make sense,our medical has passed and we haven't been requested to submit any docs.
Please give me your input, this is very stressful Sad
I also got the same email. I'm a Oct 4 applicant.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
Cookielicious said:
Hi guys,
my COPR came today. I want to warn you guys, I wasn't at all contacted by cic office, and COPR was sent via registered mail to my home adress in Croatia. Luckily I had a feeling and called CIC yesterday and was told that, so I had to get a friend pick it up from the post office since I am currently in Canada. So NO MESSAGES, NO EMAIL, nothing since SA, only thing that happened was mycic update to application approved. COPR was sent the same day... crazy...
Mycic account is trash. My friends have landed in Canada and their account still says the criminal record check isn't started yet.

It's weird you never got an email. Immigration emailed my wife that her application was approved. It was the first time she got an email every other email was sent to me.

Rebecca22

Oct 21, 2016
My husband received his PPR March 27. We applied around Oct 20/16. He received his passport back yesterday and will land in a couple weeks.

Good luck to all - hope the waits are not too long for you all.

wtatchan

Apr 15, 2016
Montreal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HongKong
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
HongKong office: 24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Passed!
Interview........
Not needed
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
MrLucky said:
Hang in there. All I can say is the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I went to every community event where local MPs were, every speaking event the PM, ministers, anyone of influence was in my area. I was very vocal, asking questions and letting them know my kids and I needed my wife ASAP. Family, friends from across Canada, neighbours and coworkers were outraged my wife was refused a tourist visa. Being kept from her family, also contacted their MPs to let them know what they thought. In the end I think they got tired of us and wanted me to shut up and go away. It worked. Ill probably get audited annually for the rest of my life, and Im probably on some watchlists somewhere. I think it was worth it.
Wow! That's quite a dedication! I think they just got tired of you harassing them every time you see them! :) I should try the same! Thanks for your advice!

reemfa

Dec 13, 2016
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2016
File Transfer...
And SA 25-11-2016 AOR2 : 12-12-2016
Deepak3003 said:
Hi All,

Permanent Residence

Thanks,
Deepak.
Hi
Mine is the same , and I am a November applicant. Also for me ecas shows 3 lines

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
wtatchan said:
Wow! That's quite a dedication! I think they just got tired of you harassing them every time you see them! :) I should try the same! Thanks for your advice!

Go for it! The squeaky wheel gets the grease. My MPs are always worried about their image. Its amazing what they can accomplish when they feel they're going to look bad publicly.