Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
gamechef said:
just got my CoPR!

there's something that i'm having trouble with on the letter accompanying the CoPR. it says, "Please visit the Moving to Canada Web sites of the Canada Border Services Agency at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/mtc-dac-eng.html ... for information on the procedures and requirements for importing your personal effects into Canada." this webpage is broken and produces a 404 error--and yes, i've checked the spelling several times. does anyone know what the information on this web page could be, and how i can access it? i know people have talked about declaring "goods to follow" but the letter gives no information on how to do so.
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html

All I did was fill this out and give it to the agent who processed me when I landed. I brought everything with me initially, so I had no goods to follow.

If you have vehicles or whatnot to bring in, it gets more complicated than that, but all I had was personal goods, furniture, etc.

I was fairly generic with what I put in there - I had eight categories for stuff, and then put the number of boxes or items in that category in parentheses. For instance:

Furniture (8 items)
Decor (6 boxes)
Entertainment (30 boxes)

We assigned garage-saleish values to everything. They didn't bother to look in the truck.

floribec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-08-2016; Passed
Interview........
Waived; DM - 08-03-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2017;
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
Another update: your confirmation of PR does not include the SIN which you need to work in Canada. You have to go to a Service Canada office and they'll give you your SIN on the spot. It took me less than 20 minutes to receive mine.

In Quebec, you have to go to the RAMQ with all your PR documents to apply for health insurance.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
danawhitaker said:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/bsf186-eng.html

All I did was fill this out and give it to the agent who processed me when I landed. I brought everything with me initially, so I had no goods to follow.

If you have vehicles or whatnot to bring in, it gets more complicated than that, but all I had was personal goods, furniture, etc.

I was fairly generic with what I put in there - I had eight categories for stuff, and then put the number of boxes or items in that category in parentheses. For instance:

Furniture (8 items)
Decor (6 boxes)
Entertainment (30 boxes)

We assigned garage-saleish values to everything. They didn't bother to look in the truck.
I read this the other day: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow#Procedure
It specifically states you don't have to complete the form BSF186, the officers do that. Is that true? If so, is it better to complete it anyway? Is it long/difficult?

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Staunts2015 said:
I read this the other day: http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow#Procedure
It specifically states you don't have to complete the form BSF186, the officers do that. Is that true? If so, is it better to complete it anyway? Is it long/difficult?
I've heard that you don't need to do it, but the border agent who processed me complimented me on how organized I was. I had a plastic file folder with me that I kept everything I'd possibly need to present at the border in.

It really didn't take long to fill out, and I had a 26' Uhaul full of stuff that I was bringing. To be fair, I also had a spreadsheet going prior to moving with a list of boxes in various categories, so I knew pretty quickly how much I had of various things. I went very, very generic, we narrowed it down to exactly eight categories so we didn't go over the number of lines on the form. I wasn't bringing in any expensive jewelry or things of that nature. In case they weren't satisfied with the way we'd done the BSF186 form, I also had a printout of a list of almost every box that was in the Uhaul that they could have used. I think it was actually easier to fill out the form than to worry about bringing a list and having them do it. I imagine that in my case that would have added a considerable amount of time to the landing process. The most difficult part of filling out the form was trying to assign values to things, and that's fairly arbitrary. The rule of thumb we used was garage sale values for most things, and for things like electronics, we used the value of what it would cost to replace it.

My advice would be to fill it out. It's short (one page), it takes some work off of the person who has to process your landing, and I'd suspect it speeds things up depending on how much you're bringing.

Staunts2015

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
11-12-2019
danawhitaker said:
I've heard that you don't need to do it, but the border agent who processed me complimented me on how organized I was. I had a plastic file folder with me that I kept everything I'd possibly need to present at the border in.

It really didn't take long to fill out, and I had a 26' Uhaul full of stuff that I was bringing. To be fair, I also had a spreadsheet going prior to moving with a list of boxes in various categories, so I knew pretty quickly how much I had of various things. I went very, very generic, we narrowed it down to exactly eight categories so we didn't go over the number of lines on the form. I wasn't bringing in any expensive jewelry or things of that nature. In case they weren't satisfied with the way we'd done the BSF186 form, I also had a printout of a list of almost every box that was in the Uhaul that they could have used. I think it was actually easier to fill out the form than to worry about bringing a list and having them do it. I imagine that in my case that would have added a considerable amount of time to the landing process. The most difficult part of filling out the form was trying to assign values to things, and that's fairly arbitrary. The rule of thumb we used was garage sale values for most things, and for things like electronics, we used the value of what it would cost to replace it.

My advice would be to fill it out. It's short (one page), it takes some work off of the person who has to process your landing, and I'd suspect it speeds things up depending on how much you're bringing.
Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. We won't be moving too many things, so I'll probably make a spreadsheet as we're packing things anyway.

BrookeTravels

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
30-11-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3-3-17!
Hey all!

I received my PPR yesterday!!

This was after receiving a confirmation of application approval email on 3/3 and emailing them last week about if the PPR may have been forgotten. (This issue is posted in the US Outland thread if you wanna read up)

Behold, they emailed me and confirmed it was an error, and immediately sent me the PPR email.

So - for anyone in a similar situation with your application in Ottawa, sending an email may help if you end up in my sort of situation.

Cheers all, I sincerely appreciate all your help these last months. I couldn't have gotten trough this process without you.

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
BrookeTravels said:
Hey all!

I received my PPR yesterday!!

This was after receiving a confirmation of application approval email on 3/3 and emailing them last week about if the PPR may have been forgotten. (This issue is posted in the US Outland thread if you wanna read up)

Behold, they emailed me and confirmed it was an error, and immediately sent me the PPR email.

So - for anyone in a similar situation with your application in Ottawa, sending an email may help if you end up in my sort of situation.

Cheers all, I sincerely appreciate all your help these last months. I couldn't have gotten trough this process without you.
I'm so glad to hear you finally got it! Congratulations!

Ilan_K

Mar 4, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
SA Approved:15 Nov 2016
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
22 Nov 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Interview........
Not required at this stage
Passport Req..
10 July 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Aayatakshidutta said:
hi, i m new member of this forum..jus wanted to say hii to all of you
Hi, welcome to the thread, please share your application info.

Ilan_K

Mar 4, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi visa office
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
SA Approved:15 Nov 2016
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
22 Nov 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
30-09-2016
Interview........
Not required at this stage
Passport Req..
10 July 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
October thread seems to be quiet and I need to search for it all the way in the second page of the forum.

Any updates from NDVO applicants? I know VO is working on August applicants at present. Still keen on updates from October NDVO applicants.

wtatchan

Apr 15, 2016
Montreal, QC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
HongKong
App. Filed.......
14-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
HongKong office: 24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Passed!
Interview........
Not needed
LANDED..........
15-07-2017
Still nothing for me yet... I saw some from HKVO that got it even they have applied after me... Getting a bit frustrated...

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
Still at the:

Background check Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check.

VO is London.

The london office seems slow at the moment which is disheartening. Any updates in this Thread keeps my spirits high lol

Jason12345

Star Member
Jun 12, 2013
I wonder how the Visa office selection works.

I see people in my same situation having their application sent to ottowa who applied in NOVEMBER. already receieved their CoRP.

It looks like we lost the lottery draw being sent to the London Office.

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)