Interview........
Waived; DM - 08-03-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2017;
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
acwikla4769 said:
LANDED!!!!!!!
Had to be the most easiest landing I could ever think of! Had the nicest lady in the world.We pulled a uhaul with a trailer and the truck on a trailer, and two pitbulls. She skimmed over everything really quickly, didn't ask for the title for the truck, nor even looked at the dogs other then to feed them a cookie and said "oh we just got a new batch of flags shipped in" grabbed a flag, said welcome to canada and that was that......We were so stressed that this would be the hard part and it was the easiest out of everything....We landed at the Pembina/Emerson border.

I wish everyone luck in the upcoming landing processes and applications!
Thanks for the update and I'm happy your landing was easy! I am landing soon on the Quebec US border.

Emily12

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
Doc's Request.
27/01/2017 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
21-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront - Passed
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2017
LANDED..........
05-04-2017
acwikla4769 said:
LANDED!!!!!!!
Had to be the most easiest landing I could ever think of! Had the nicest lady in the world.We pulled a uhaul with a trailer and the truck on a trailer, and two pitbulls. She skimmed over everything really quickly, didn't ask for the title for the truck, nor even looked at the dogs other then to feed them a cookie and said "oh we just got a new batch of flags shipped in" grabbed a flag, said welcome to canada and that was that......We were so stressed that this would be the hard part and it was the easiest out of everything....We landed at the Pembina/Emerson border.

I wish everyone luck in the upcoming landing processes and applications!
That's fantastic to hear! And you got a flag!!!! That's ridiculously cute!

acwikla4769

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1- 14-11-2016
File Transfer...
11-01-2017
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-21-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Copr recieved 3/13/2017
LANDED..........
3/23/2017
floribec said:
Thanks for the update and I'm happy your landing was easy! I am landing soon on the Quebec US border.
I hope yours goes as simply as ours did! Congrats on landing tomorrow and FINALLY being together with your loved one!

molly mae

Apr 30, 2014
ScaMD said:
So I have my COPR ;D
I'm in the GTA and was wondering if anyone can recommend a land border close by that they had a good experience with?
I just landed today at the Rainbow Bridge! The officer was super nice and there was only one person ahead of me. It took longer for them to call my name (about 10 min) than how long it took to actually get the process done.

Cookielicious

Oct 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi guys,
I just opened mycic as I do every day and it says my application was approved... yesterday my background check wasn't even started... how strange... It says to check my messages but I don't have any yet... hope it's not some kind of mistake...

BrookeTravels

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
30-11-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3-3-17!
floribec said:
Brooke, are you still waiting for the PPR email? If so, check your spam. The email sent to me went to my spam and I didn't see it at first.
Hey,

Sadly I haven't received any correspondance since getting the sponsorship application approval email March 3rd. :( In the email they said they would send instructions 'shortly' to send my CoPR. I called, finally got someone to answer earlier this week, as I'm on an implied extended Visitor status, so many things going on.... the rep told me they were "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" but couldn't say anything else other than my app IS Approved.

Im starting to get very discouraged. I can't even get a licence here in BC until I get something physically in the mail to show them I'm approved, and during this whole process they've never mailed me anything, just sent emails.

I really really hope we get good news soon, but it seems something is up.

acwikla4769

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2016
Doc's Request.
21-10-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1- 14-11-2016
File Transfer...
11-01-2017
Med's Request
PASSED
Med's Done....
Upfront 11-10-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2-21-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Copr recieved 3/13/2017
LANDED..........
3/23/2017
BrookeTravels said:
Hey,

Sadly I haven't received any correspondance since getting the sponsorship application approval email March 3rd. :( In the email they said they would send instructions 'shortly' to send my CoPR. I called, finally got someone to answer earlier this week, as I'm on an implied extended Visitor status, so many things going on.... the rep told me they were "dotting the i's and crossing the t's" but couldn't say anything else other than my app IS Approved.

Im starting to get very discouraged. I can't even get a licence here in BC until I get something physically in the mail to show them I'm approved, and during this whole process they've never mailed me anything, just sent emails.

from what I can see from others on some other threads they also recieved approval on the 3rd and are still waiting for an email. so it is not just you, I hope something comes soon for you

Misti2016

Nov 27, 2016
Hmm!! lots of good new's.
Congratulation! all new Canadian!! ;D

Is there any SVO or Bangladeshi applicant like me?
still waiting for PPR ? :'(

Category: Family
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 22-10-2016
File Transfer...: 19-11-2016
AOR-2: 22-11-2016
Medical received....: 21-02-2017
Interview........: waived
Passport Request..: ??

BrookeTravels

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2016
AOR Received.
10-11-2016
File Transfer...
30-11-2016 (SA)
Med's Request
Upfront - Passed
Med's Done....
22-06-2016
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
DM 3-3-17!
acwikla4769 said:
from what I can see from others on some other threads they also recieved approval on the 3rd and are still waiting for an email. so it is not just you, I hope something comes soon for you
Oh, I haven't come across that yet myself. Thanks for replying to help put my mind at ease. :)

For anyone curious - this is a copy of the email I received 3/3/17:

This was sent one day after they requested in CIC that I pay my RoPR fee in error.

"Subject: Sponsorship application approved - #****** - (My Name)

UCI: ***
Application #: ***
Name: ***
Email: ***

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Please disregard the letter sent yesterday, March 2, 2017, requesting the payment of the $490 Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). This letter has been sent in error. We already have received your payment, made on ***** (receipt # ***********).

Your sponsorship application has been assessed and approved. Instructions will be sent shortly in order for us to print and mail your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR)."

Sincerely,

Case Processing Centre-Ottawa – TG00190
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada – Government of Canada
E-mail: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

* On this same day my CIC finally showed Background in Progress and ECAS changed to Decision Made.* No updates since.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
BrookeTravels said:
Hey,

Don't feel discouraged, as Ottawa is still much quicker than the rest of the world. My wife's mycic still shows processing background checks and who knows how much longer it would take.

graham_crackers

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2016
Doc's Request.
02-02-2017|21-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-07-2016
Interview........
None Needed
Passport Req..
05-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2017
LANDED..........
25-03-2017
Hey guys, my husband landed today! Woo hooooo! Just some info for anyone coming to Quebec since this kind of threw me off:

We crossed at the Champlain, NY/Canada border crossing, which is the one an hour south of Montreal. The letter sent with the CoPR only said to bring my husband's passport but they wanted his CSQ as well as proof of funds/regular employment payments in our bank account. The proof of funds in our account had to be over $3300 and I have no idea if there was a minimum for my monthly salary, but the lady who processed us said the government of Quebec mandates that every PR landing much be able to prove that they have the immediate funds to support themself for the next three months so that they do not become the province's responsibility. Was this mentioned somewhere that I just completely missed? Because it certainly threw us off and we were barely able to prove it last minute since my boss chose a wonderful time to be nearly a month late in paying me!

Anyway, he got in, is an official PR, and we will be exporting/importing the car this coming week. They didn't mention the car at all during the crossing and also didn't ask my husband to fill out a Personal Effects Accounting Document.

Cookielicious

Oct 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2016
AOR Received.
06-11-2016
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-06-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DM on Ecas today after yesterdays your app has been approved on mycic! Still no ppr ... :)
Good luck to all...

floribec

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-08-2016; Passed
Interview........
Waived; DM - 08-03-2017
Passport Req..
15-03-2017;
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-2017
Graham_crackers: I landed at the same border crossing as you. I was also asked about having sufficient funds to support myself for 3 months which was surprising. Luckily they were satisfied with my answer and didn't ask further questions or for actual proof but it does seem odd as we are sponsored by our spouses who signed an agreement to be financially responsible should we need it. I wonder if this is only a Quebec thing?

Anyway, the entire landing process took less than an hour without issues. I'll have to go to service Canada center for the SIN and insurance card. There was no indication that I had a temporary one for the moment.

Good luck to everyone!!

MrLucky

Star Member
Nov 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
HKVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
09-11-2016
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Passport Req..
07-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
23-03-2017
My wife landed at Pearson on Thursday evening. She said the hardest part was waiting in line at immigration. It took about 2 hours or waiting. The immigration agent was very pleasant and friendly. The whole process took about 10 minutes.

We're just happy its all over and done with. Best of luck to those still waiting. They're definitely speeding up!

gamechef

Jun 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
23-11-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
15-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2017
LANDED..........
22-04-2017
just got my CoPR!

there's something that i'm having trouble with on the letter accompanying the CoPR. it says, "Please visit the Moving to Canada Web sites of the Canada Border Services Agency at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/mtc-dac-eng.html ... for information on the procedures and requirements for importing your personal effects into Canada." this webpage is broken and produces a 404 error--and yes, i've checked the spelling several times. does anyone know what the information on this web page could be, and how i can access it? i know people have talked about declaring "goods to follow" but the letter gives no information on how to do so.