+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2016 - Citizenship Applicants

samirmdn

Oct 9, 2016
Creative85 said:
Hi I have question regarding the dates counted in the physical calculator, which date you put in and which date you in the application table.

For example I leave Canada on 4th Dec 2015 but the country I reach stamped on my passport on 5th Dec 2015. Which date to put in the calculator 4th or 5th? Another example if my date of entry in CBSA border says 28th Feb 2016 and the date stamped of the country (DUBAI) I left is 27th Feb 2016. This is because flight time and duration and time diffence.

Which date to consider as the date , date my entry to Canada or my stamped date on the passport ? Yes
I would say put the dates that you left Canada (Dec 4, 2015) and entered Canada (Feb 28,2016), since CBSA would most definitely have those records with them, even if they didn't stamp your passport (especially for departures, in my case). While doing my own calculation, I double checked my itineraries/e-tickets to confirm my exact dates of departure/arrival from/to Canada to be on the safe side.

Also, ali393's idea of keeping a few extra days as a buffer is a good idea, just in case the person reviewing your application makes any adjustments to the number of days after cross-checking your application with other sources such as CBSA.

samirmdn

Oct 9, 2016
Got my AOR emailed to me this morning!

Does this mean that my forms/documents are good to go, and will go through the regular process? Or is there still a chance that my application could be returned to me for incomplete/incorrect information (which I hope won't happen since I believe I've been quite thorough!)?

shyurun79

Sep 22, 2016
GTA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
samirmdn said:

Does this mean that my forms/documents are good to go, and will go through the regular process? Or is there still a chance that my application could be returned to me for incomplete/incorrect information (which I hope won't happen since I believe I've been quite thorough!)?
You should be good. Wait for IP in your eCAS will be the next step.

ali393

Oct 19, 2016
samirmdn said:

AOR just means they have received your documents and on preliminary basis you have all the needed documents attached to the file. Once it goes In Process they will verify your documents e.g. information from CBSA to match your Physical Presence in Canada that you attached with your documents, information from CRA etc.

But for the most part they are good to go with your application

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hi Guys,

where do the citizenship applications get processed? all in Sydney?
I am from Brampton, what office will be processing my application? why would timelines be different between applicants from different regions?

Thanks

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just Checked..
My Application is IN PROCESS.. from 25 October..

willzou

Star Member
Sep 30, 2016
there are 2 business days left for Oct.
Sep guys get test invite, and Oct guy get in progress.
Good shape.
so far so good.

I am a Oct guy in eligibility but with a few days buffer, I will follow you guys as Nov member.

See you next month!

ali393

Oct 19, 2016
tonymiz said:
Hi Guys,

where do the citizenship applications get processed? all in Sydney?
I am from Brampton, what office will be processing my application? why would timelines be different between applicants from different regions?

Thanks
They all begin in Sydney and than trickled down to the regional offices. I believe your will be referred to Etobicoke (don't take my word on that as there are few IRCC Offices in and around GTA).

Arctic16

Oct 28, 2016
My First Post :)

Canada Post delivered my application to Sydney Oct 28 (today) !

Hopefully, the process that should have started one year ago (before Mr. Harper's party's law) can finally get launched !!

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Dear All, :)

I must travel for a week on December 2016 or January 2017, and I would like to travel after my oath and with my Canadian passport :D.

Would you pleas advice according to my timeline what is the best time to travel (December 2016, January 2017 or after):
Ottawa Office
Individual
AOR: Oct 21, 2016

Thanks and Regards :)

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Fochi said:
Dear All, :)

I must travel for a week on December 2016 or January 2017, and I would like to travel after my oath and with my Canadian passport :D.

Would you pleas advice according to my timeline what is the best time to travel (December 2016, January 2017 or after):
Ottawa Office
Individual
AOR: Oct 21, 2016

Thanks and Regards :)
I doubt you will get it by January.. but hopefully you do :)

Fochi

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Thanks so much.
Any body else has different opinion before starting my arrangement depending on January month.

tonymiz said:
I doubt you will get it by January.. but hopefully you do :)