Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-15
LANDED..........
03-Jan-16
Bboy said:
hey guys, Please help me.

I submitted my wife's application 4 weeks ago and it was returned today that I did not fill the 'use of representative' form.

I am not using any representative. Who is to fill this form? As I am her sponsor, should I complete the form as her representative?

Please advise
Ugh, so frustrating. You shouldn't have to complete that form of you're not using a representative (obviously). We wrote "NOT APPLICABLE" on both checklists over that box and didn't submit the form at all, although I've read that some people include the form but strike through it to indicate that it's not required. How did you fill in your checklists?

Bboy

Jul 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
cdgtoyyz said:
Ugh, so frustrating. You shouldn't have to complete that form of you're not using a representative (obviously). We wrote "NOT APPLICABLE" on both checklists over that box and didn't submit the form at all, although I've read that some people include the form but strike through it to indicate that it's not required. How did you fill in your checklists?
I did not write "Not Applicable". I just left it blank.

cdgtoyyz

Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Aug-15
AOR Received.
05-Sep-15
File Transfer...
05-Oct-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-Jun-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
02-Dec-15
LANDED..........
03-Jan-16
Bboy said:
I did not write "Not Applicable". I just left it blank.
I think that's the issue then. When you resubmit make sure to indicate why you've omitted that form on the checklist (and any other forms that you're not including, ie dependent children forms) - just an 'N/A' should do. Otherwise the CIC will assume that you forgot to include the form. I hope this helps - good luck!!

Bboy

Jul 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
cdgtoyyz said:
I think that's the issue then. When you resubmit make sure to indicate why you've omitted that form on the checklist (and any other forms that you're not including, ie dependent children forms) - just an 'N/A' should do. Otherwise the CIC will assume that you forgot to include the form. I hope this helps - good luck!!
Thanks.

WishaVisa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cdgtoyyz said:
you had me worried now. i have a stomach churn!
but that does not sound fair and right to me. In a checklist, you can only tick mark. If they wanted to know whether we put that file or not they would have included a blank space
OR
Asked if you are using a representative.

the guide also says "if applicable". the nowhere says pls mention which forms you are NOT including..

i dnt know., am worried now

jordino

Oct 6, 2015
Thank you for creating this forum! My partner and I will be submitting our application later today. Good luck everyone.

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
Exactly WishaVisa, they're so stupid. The checklist clearly states to include if applicable! Bboy, I did exactly what you did and now I'm worried. I didn't include those stupid forms and I didn't write N/A either. I want to call CIC and tell them ahead of time and hope that they understand and don't send it back! I want to cry...

I'm calling them right now, I'm going to harass the 5h1t out of them. They're not going to waste an additional 4 weeks of my life for some stupid brainless retarded blunder.

WishaVisa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SuiGeneris said:
Exactly WishaVisa, they're so stupid. The checklist clearly states to include if applicable! Bboy, I did exactly what you did and now I'm worried. I didn't include those stupid forms and I didn't write N/A either. I want to call CIC and tell them ahead of time and hope that they understand and don't send it back! I want to cry...

I'm calling them right now, I'm going to harass the 5h1t out of them. They're not going to waste an additional 4 weeks of my life for some stupid brainless retarded blunder.
SuiGeneris:
you stole the words out of my mouth. i havent written NA either and i dont know if we can even make a difference.
please get back to me after caling cic and what they said about it. i am really worried and dnt wanna loose 1 month in application!! ??? ??? ??? ???

SassyBee23

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-11-2015
File Transfer...
12-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR received 05-02-2016
LANDED..........
By June 2016
SuiGeneris said:

Oh no...After months of preparation and delay, I finally submitting my application on Friday and it was received yesterday! I hope this doesn't happen to me! We didn't use a representative either, nor do we have children etc. or co-signer forms/docs to include...I hope they understand that we are omitting all this because it's not applicable and so we left the check list item blank...Please let us know what CIC says if/when you call!

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
I'm calling right now guys, I'm on hold. I'll let you know what happened.

Edit: Yeah, I'm exactly like you guys. No dependents, no children, no representative. I didn't include those forms and I didn't write N/A on the checklists. I figured they'd take two minutes to sift through the application and use their common sense. The checklists doesn't say to write N/A, it just says to check if applicable. It's not applicable so I didn't check. And if they go through my app, it's very obvious that I don't have kids, that I don't have dependents, etc, that info is clearly stated in other forms. For ex, in the additional family form, in the children section, I wrote N/A. I wrote N/A in all the forms, just not on the checklists.

Anyway...

I called and she was of no help. She said there's nothing that can be done but wait. It depends on the officer and on each individual case. She said she has seen instances where it was mailed back, and she has also seen instances where CIC sent an email for clarification.

So...

That's it. I'm sorry guys. This sucks. All we can do is be patient, positive, hope for the best, and accept the reality for what it is. We can do this.

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
That's just mean. I might be ESL but I'm pretty sure "if applicable" means that you don't have to submit it unless you are using a representative.
Now here questioning myself about every way they will find to reject my application.
Is there a CIC complaint line or something like that?

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
Bboy said:
hey guys, Please help me.

I submitted my wife's application 4 weeks ago and it was returned today that I did not fill the 'use of representative' form.

I am not using any representative. Who is to fill this form? As I am her sponsor, should I complete the form as her representative?

Please advise
Hi there I can understand the frustration regarding a returned package it happened to my this week too - so depressing !!!

I used myself ( I'm the sponor) as my hubby representative - I was told I can do so by my lawyer friend, so go ahead and use yourself. If it was a problem they would have told me so when they returned my package yesterday

Hurry up and get your package back !!

Good luck

needhimback

Oct 30, 2013
Toronto Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain (Trinidad)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/10/2015- CIC received my application 16/10/2015
AOR Received.
5/12/2015
File Transfer...
File trans / Mar 2016
Med's Done....
Up front 15/08/2015
LANDED..........
File withdrew
SuiGeneris said:

I know how you feel - when I entered the post office yesterday I was weak like hell!! You should have seen what these people did with my returned package that i spent months and months preparing and organizing to perfection - it looked like a big pile of garbage thrown togther and dis-organized into a plastic bag that looked just like a garbage bag, just because of one stupid single page form that we didn't submit, only because we thought it was N/A (not the representative form) it was the family form - we thought that form was pertaining to anyone accompanying my hubby to Canada so we didn't submit it :eek: (all those entered to this form actually all live in Canada, so this was the other reason we figure this form didn't apply to us)

I now understand the form and will be re_sending my package Tuesday - needs to be re-organized (also missing 2 documents) so pissed!!

Guys these people don't care about us one bit , our the fact that we need our spouse's here all we are To them is a couple of digits- !!!

Good luck everyone !!

SuiGeneris

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-12-2015
Med's Done....
13-08-2015
SuiGeneris said:
I'm calling right now guys, I'm on hold. I'll let you know what happened.

Edit: Yeah, I'm exactly like you guys. No dependents, no children, no representative. I didn't include those forms and I didn't write N/A on the checklists. I figured they'd take two minutes to sift through the application and use their common sense. The checklists doesn't say to write N/A, it just says to check if applicable. It's not applicable so I didn't check. And if they go through my app, it's very obvious that I don't have kids, that I don't have dependents, etc, that info is clearly stated in other forms. For ex, in the additional family form, in the children section, I wrote N/A. I wrote N/A in all the forms, just not on the checklists.

Anyway...

I called and she was of no help. She said there's nothing that can be done but wait. It depends on the officer and on each individual case. She said she has seen instances where it was mailed back, and she has also seen instances where CIC sent an email for clarification.

So...

That's it. I'm sorry guys. This sucks. All we can do is be patient, positive, hope for the best, and accept the reality for what it is. We can do this.
The CIC rep I spoke to said nothing can be done. I'm just going to write up a letter and attach it to the two checklists with N/A on them and mail it to CIC today.

BeeLa

Aug 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OMG! Good thing I've read this thread. Thank you guys- we are about to send our documents this week- but we are now just waiting for the ORIGINAL OPTION C (which takes 6-10 business days). Whew, hope everything goes smoothly. Good luck to us all!