Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
Snowisland said:
Yes Fbi must be original.
That sucks. I have little trust for Canada Post right now. I think I may do both anyway.

TracyCa64

Aug 28, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2, 2015
Doc's Request.
Form IMM5409 requested Feb 20, 2016
AOR Received.
Nov 25, 2015
File Transfer...
SA- Dec 10, 2015 ** DM- March 14, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sept 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Rec'd March 18, 2016
LANDED..........
April 16, 2016
unicornpants said:
That sucks. I have little trust for Canada Post right now. I think I may do both anyway.
What if you used a courier?
Maybe when you send online you can tell them the original is on it's way but you are sending them the copy so they can at least verify that you did the FBI report.

unicornpants

Star Member
Sep 22, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2015
AOR Received.
8-12-2015
File Transfer...
24-2-2016
Med's Request
Done up front
Med's Done....
15-9-2015
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
11-12-2016
TracyCa64 said:
What if you used a courier?
Maybe when you send online you can tell them the original is on it's way but you are sending them the copy so they can at least verify that you did the FBI report.
That's exactly what I was thinking on both accounts :)

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Omg I'm gonna have the same issue when mine comes in. I'll probably send it xpresspost with tracking so at least if it gets lost I can know.

Snowisland

Nov 23, 2014
Visa Office......
Ottawa
LANDED..........
30-05-2016
unicornpants said:
I sent my application for pr by fed ex. I would send your Fbi report by fed ex or another courier.

Cricket_

Dec 10, 2015
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd update with our bad news. Our application was delivered by Canada Post on October 7 but we had not received AOR and we were unable to access ECAS. I tried phoning and submitted a case specific enquiry but didn't hear anything until today. We finally received a response from our enquiry and CIC is saying they have no record of receiving our application! We were asked to provide more information before they advise us on the next steps to follow. Please pray that they are able to find our application so that we are not forced to start this process again.

crzy_canadian

Oct 28, 2015
Visayas - Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
12-Jan-2016
File Transfer...
19-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
08-July-2016
VISA ISSUED...
VOH: 05-Aug-2016
Cricket_ said:
Hi everyone, I just thought I'd update with our bad news. Our application was delivered by Canada Post on October 7 but we had not received AOR and we were unable to access ECAS. I tried phoning and submitted a case specific enquiry but didn't hear anything until today. We finally received a response from our enquiry and CIC is saying they have no record of receiving our application! We were asked to provide more information before they advise us on the next steps to follow. Please pray that they are able to find our application so that we are not forced to start this process again.
Sorry to hear that, the process is already frustrating enough without added stress like this. Hoping and praying for the best.

ALMALL

Feb 10, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2015
Doc's Request.
15-04-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
File Transfer...
8-2-2016
Med's Request
2-2-2016 received
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2016 on transit
Hi, dont you have any tracking number when you send the papers in the Immigration

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
Cricket_ said:
What a nightmare. I hope you get lucky and its just sitting around in the mailroom somewhere or they put in the wrong UCI to search it.

Vishut

Star Member
Apr 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC/New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2015
AOR Received.
17-12-2015
File Transfer...
31 Dec 2015/IP on 9 Jan 2016
Med's Done....
June 2015
Hi Cricket,

Do you have the tracking number which shows your file was delivered and signed by someone at CPC.I had gone through same issue but i got my AOR after following up with CIC several times.I received my AOR after 117 days.

CIC did not reply to me even tough processing time on the website was update for my application date.I sent the photocopy of the original file (again with the tracking number) with the cover letter explaining the situation and all the communication.Even one month after that CIC did not reply so i used my last resort and contacted my MP and explained the situation. I received AOR the same day i sent email to MP. I am mot sure if it was coincidence.

I suggest if you have tracking number then you should write to your MP.I wold suggest to keep on following up with them.

Instances of CIC misplacing the file has increased considerable in last couple of months.

I hope this helps.

makpan

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Thanks for reply

PortugalPhil said:
Hi makpan!
Answer varies depending on your circumstances., because Outland has different timeline depending on each visa office.

In our case we choose Outland coz we have weighted the total general or average processing time is way faster compared to inland., and although at the moment I am inside Canada as visitor, I still opted for Outland because that will be easier waiting time for my PR ( i wish to take my professional exam here ASAP , and if I did inland it will take me almost 2 yrs to wait).

To get visit visa is another thing, and although most of the requirements are the same, the VO will evaluate the ties of the applicant more thoroughly, in this case if the TRV applicant has prior trips in other countries this will give her greater chances of approval., also if he has good job, finances back home and some socio civic responsibilities then the VO will give approval, otherwise you have to wait until your Spousal visa is approve.

If you choose Inland, meaning both of you are In Canada already.( you cannot choose this option is your spouse is still on her country of origin)., during this processing, it is advisable that both should remain inside Canada. But the chance of reconsideration of application is hard to prove like most cases, but it is not absolute true that you can't apply to be reconsider. You have to personally assess your situation before choosing.,

God Bless you both for the time and commitment.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Cricket_ said:
Hi Cricket,

When you sent it via Canada Post did you receive a tracking number? Do you have the receipt from when you paid the fees? Here is the link for Canada Post tracking

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e2s1

C.

kate_wins

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Melbourne-Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
AOR Received.
AOR 08-12-2015 / SA 15-12-2015 / AOR2 22-12-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
13-09-2015
Interview........
not requested
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made & COPR 19/01/2016, Deadline to Land 13/09/2016
susanrichards2015 said:
Hello everyone. I am part of the November 2015 outland group but I've been watching the October thread as well just to get an idea of timelines. My app was received by Mississauga on November 13, 2015 and I received my AOR on January 8, 2016. I was able to log on as of today to the CIC website with the UCI given and can I see that it has been received and in process. Roughly how long does it take to get my SA?

Any info is appreciated :D
We got ours the next week (7 days), and AOR2 7 days after that.

PortugalPhil

Dec 1, 2015
Catherine27 said:
Hello friends!

I need som help.

If my application is Outland, Do I have to be outside Canada to receive the PR? Can I send the passport to some CIC office in Canada?

Thanks for help.

Catherine27
Hi Catherine 27 just noticed your inquiry here:
To enlighten you more, you can choose the option of sending your additional documents or passport request to Ottawa office.
An Outland PR applicant can chose to send documents requested by VO by attaching the request letter from your "Outland VO"( example requesting your passport for stamping )

As you send, provide a self addressed, prepaid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post . Purchase your prepaid letter -sized (32X24cm) Canada post Xpresspost envelop.

complete the mailing address( label showing your full mail address in the "delivery to" field.
Make a note of the tracking number for each envelop.
Submit in a single package and send to:
CPC Ottawa- PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa On
k1A 1L1

Hope this helps you. We continually pray for each other and hopefully soon we will receive that request!

MarkooM

Jan 12, 2016
Hello october family..
My spouse (sponsor) didn't receive e-mail or mail with AOR or SA. No news is not reached.
But I checked the CIC website application status and writes this :

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on October 22, 2015.
We started processing your application on January 5, 2016.
Medical results have been received.

Does that mean that we get AOR or SA?

Thank you all...