+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 PNP CIC Applicants

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
MRC88 said:
I am so happy that you got IP. For sure you can hear some good news soon. but it seems my case is different. I got
my AOR on March 05,2015
Medical request on March 24,2015
Medical done on April 09,2015.
ECAS updated as Medical received around last week of April. Since then no movement.
I know but i am bit tensed too.Its been almost a month no DM or PPR after IP.Even Oct 20 applicants got their PPR but not me :(

Butintin

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Hi Everyone! I just need an advice..

I was requested by CIC to submit the PCC of my husband from the country where he is workinh at now. But upon submission, i forgot to address the correspondence to the specific officer. Will it be a problem if thats the case? I tried calling CiC hotline now but they were already closed. I will appreciate any input from all of u..

ashrafgk

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Butintin said:
Hi Everyone! I just need an advice..

I was requested by CIC to submit the PCC of my husband from the country where he is workinh at now. But upon submission, i forgot to address the correspondence to the specific officer. Will it be a problem if thats the case? I tried calling CiC hotline now but they were already closed. I will appreciate any input from all of u..
I feel like as long as you included your name(s), application number, and UCI you should be good.

I had the same issue in a way, I've sent my RCMP Criminal Record Check a week before it was asked for by a specific officer, so I sent an email to CIO to let them know just in case.

When I called CIC, they told me the document is received but not processed/added to the file yet, which explains why the officer asked for it.

I would call CIC again on Monday just in case, and see if they can put a note on your file or something.

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
tenkrun10 said:
Under normal circumstances, files are processed in Sydney, NS until ready for PPR. In some cases where the case processing officer judges that for some reason, the decision on your file needs to be taken by a higher authority, there's an early transfer to Ottawa for processing and consequently decision-making. Now is it bad...in that, will this cause delay ?? NOT ALWAYS. In some cases your PPR speeds up if transferred early to Ottawa - this can be the case where the higher officer in Ottawa reviews your file and deems it NOT to be complicated as the original officer had judged. In this case, I have seen where people go straight from "medical received" to DM or PPR. Ottawa seems to skip the whole IP step. In other cases, where the higher reviewing officer concurs with the Sydney Case officer that the case is indeed more complicated, more checks will be issued and this will result in delay. The delay can range from minor (a few weeks) to a year.

I know people say if your file is in Ottawa = delay (NOT always)...all you need to do is to review the evidence on this forum. Also it doesn't always speed up your application (even though it does in some cases). Look at it as an unknown variable
My file is now in Ottawa (I know due to an email I received back stating Sydney could no longer update my file and had been sent to Ottawa), I'm an applicant from the US. Its in the final stages, my RPRF is paid. I've yet to see IP and I've yet to receive PPR.

As an applicant from the USA, would I even need a PPR? OR do you think I'll just be told to go to the border?

Butintin

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
ashrafgk said:
I feel like as long as you included your name(s), application number, and UCI you should be good.

I had the same issue in a way, I've sent my RCMP Criminal Record Check a week before it was asked for by a specific officer, so I sent an email to CIO to let them know just in case.

When I called CIC, they told me the document is received but not processed/added to the file yet, which explains why the officer asked for it.

I would call CIC again on Monday just in case, and see if they can put a note on your file or something.
I actually called them twice this week to verify if they have receive my PCc already but they refuse to give details/info. The first agent said if i send it through registered mail, it should okay. And the second agent told me that i should wait for a week or two because it takes time to update the file. I send it last july 7 though. And it was just only today that i realyz that i didnt send it to the specific officer. I am just a bit worried because i heard some applications refused because the officer didnt receive the requested documents though it was sent by the applicant. I will try calling them again on Monday. I appreciate your responce bud!

tenkrun10

Jul 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2014
Doc's Request.
06-08-2014
Nomination.....
19-08-2014
AOR Received.
19-3-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Initial Application
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
31-03-2015
Interview........
RPRF, PCC, Schedule A Requests on. 02-07-2015.
Passport Req..
21-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015.
LANDED..........
13-01-2016
Bincanada said:
My file is now in Ottawa (I know due to an email I received back stating Sydney could no longer update my file and had been sent to Ottawa), I'm an applicant from the US. Its in the final stages, my RPRF is paid. I've yet to see IP and I've yet to receive PPR.

As an applicant from the USA, would I even need a PPR? OR do you think I'll just be told to go to the border?
Bi Canada as per IP status when did your app reach CIC? If after Oct 30th then nothing is amiss per not getting IP. If you're from a visa exempt country , you will not need PPR ONLY biodata page. It has nothing to do with if you reside in the US or not. I reside in the US too..will get ppr cos i'm not from visa exempt

Bincanada

May 19, 2015
tenkrun10 said:
Bi Canada as per IP status when did your app reach CIC? If after Oct 30th then nothing is amiss per not getting IP. If you're from a visa exempt country , you will not need PPR ONLY biodata page. It has nothing to do with if you reside in the US or not. I reside in the US too..will get ppr cos i'm not from visa exempt

My app was received Nov 28th, the last day of November that it could be accepted.

Difi

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
Med's Request
May 8 2015
Med's Done....
May 13 2015 & RPRF paid
LANDED..........
apply from Canada
tenkrun10 said:
Under normal circumstances, files are processed in Sydney, NS until ready for PPR. In some cases where the case processing officer judges that for some reason, the decision on your file needs to be taken by a higher authority, there's an early transfer to Ottawa for processing and consequently decision-making. Now is it bad...in that, will this cause delay ?? NOT ALWAYS. In some cases your PPR speeds up if transferred early to Ottawa - this can be the case where the higher officer in Ottawa reviews your file and deems it NOT to be complicated as the original officer had judged. In this case, I have seen where people go straight from "medical received" to DM or PPR. Ottawa seems to skip the whole IP step. In other cases, where the higher reviewing officer concurs with the Sydney Case officer that the case is indeed more complicated, more checks will be issued and this will result in delay. The delay can range from minor (a few weeks) to a year.

I know people say if your file is in Ottawa = delay (NOT always)...all you need to do is to review the evidence on this forum. Also it doesn't always speed up your application (even though it does in some cases). Look at it as an unknown variable
Just saw your reply to another member. Somewhere between March and May our application was transferred too to Ottawa. I had no clue that things may get more complicated if there is such a transfer! We are a family of three and I am the main applicant, but we have already sent everything so I don't know why our application may be considered as to be reviewed by a higher authority! Now I am wondering, is it because we are a family (all of us in Canada since the application) or could it be for any other reason? I never got any notification why our file was transferred. And I got IP over a month ago. Thanks!

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
I think a lot of people are getting worried for no reason about why their files have been sent to Ottawa and have been considered "complicated". My best guess is that the way it used to work is that ALL files are transferred to Ottawa as that's where the fully trained agents are located. The CIO was designed to just be a clearing house to sort out the applications and send them to the appropriate visa office. However recently when the backlog developed CIC started allowing for any really basic applications to be fully processed at CIO, and no doubt trained up some agents to take care of these cases. So it's not so much that your "complex" case means there are any problems, just that it's unfortunately not "basic" enough to be finished without escalation to another office. It's outside of the scope that the CIO agents are allowed to handle, so they push it up the ladder to someone fully trained.

Disclaimer - this is purely speculation and just my best guess for what's going on. But I've been following all of the threads here for 8-9 months now, and from what others have been saying I think my theory has a good chance of being realistic.

Difi

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 12 2015
Med's Request
May 8 2015
Med's Done....
May 13 2015 & RPRF paid
LANDED..........
apply from Canada
Thanks -seems reasonable. That's how bureaucracy is I guess.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
please help:

my GCMS note says:

ADDITIONAL NOTES: AUTH PAID REP ON FILE - EDWARD RYAN REFFERED TO PS FOR REVIEW

Ryan is my lawyer he applied for me , what does it mean

satbir9

Feb 12, 2015
Need Canadian Pr said:
please help:

my GCMS note says:

ADDITIONAL NOTES: AUTH PAID REP ON FILE - EDWARD RYAN REFFERED TO PS FOR REVIEW

Ryan is my lawyer he applied for me , what does it mean
What is GCMS note??? How can i check mine? Oct 3 applicants got ip 22 june then nothing so far.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
my GCMS note what is meaning by this and confused about those two parts, can any one explain me:

Application :1
Field name: Eligibility
Acton:Updated
Old value: not Started
New value: In progress
Updated date: 2015/06

Activity 1
UCI....
Name....
Sub-activity/Activity type: Eligibility EC-QC/PNP
Field name: status
New Value: Review required
Updated date: 2015/06
Updated by: L...
Office CIO

Danny81

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
Nomination.....
27-09-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2015
Med's Request
24-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2015
For those who have received there PPR, did CIC request extra documents? And if so how long after you sent them in did they request your PPR?

marianne

Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
SRS- Post Grad Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received by CIC Oct. 20, 2014
AOR Received.
March 24, 2015
Med's Request
April 3, 2015
Med's Done....
April 7, 2015
Danny81 said:
For those who have received there PPR, did CIC request extra documents? And if so how long after you sent them in did they request your PPR?
Not for my application. I just got an email entitled: "ready for visa" and three steps such as where and how to send the passport and that i have 30 days to do so.