Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Djn1993 said:
Okay so I called in and was told (by a nice agent working there thankfully :)) that my application was sent to Manila but she wasn't sure if I was approved or not... So I have no idea what to think. As long as they're processing the application I hope I'm fine. She told me to email the mississauga office so I'm going to do that now.
Thats bizarre that the agent didn't have any confirmation or notification that you have been approved or not. I am not sure if you should call another to confirm but they are sure that it has gone to the VO so its good I think

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Divyanjali said:
I think u should go for it..as after aor2 u will be given a diff uci no and file no ..which will help you track ur case plus u can fill in ..i mean the sponsors dob and check the status .....it is essential to get this email ..in my case it was the sponsoror who got the email ..
I also think you can submit a enquiry though you have already submitted an email to them.

AOR2 basically generates your UCI and application number and as mentioned by Divyanjali it can also be used to track the application (you can also use the sponsors details)

Divyanjali: I take it your husband for your AOR2 since he was authorized to receive on your behalf?

Djn1993

Feb 10, 2015
Japan
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
31-12-2014
Med's Done....
08-2014
Yeah I thought it was weird too. But this is the second agent who's told me it's in Manila. Am I supposed to get notification from Manila that they have it or is it normal to not know yet? :S

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
AOR1 January 9 AOR2 March 3
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
JUNE 2014/RE-MEDS DONE OCT 2015
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
draxz1289 said:
I also think you can submit a enquiry though you have already submitted an email to them.

AOR2 basically generates your UCI and application number and as mentioned by Divyanjali it can also be used to track the application (you can also use the sponsors details)

Divyanjali: I take it your husband for your AOR2 since he was authorized to receive on your behalf?
Yea i think i should do bcz i dont have his UCI number..
I can check his status though by the file# they gave in the sponsorship approval letter..

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
Djn1993 said:
Yeah I thought it was weird too. But this is the second agent who's told me it's in Manila. Am I supposed to get notification from Manila that they have it or is it normal to not know yet? :S
It depends on the VO since not all VO send out an AOR. You could try contacting them directly to check.

I also suggest you post this on the main thread and may be someone else has gone through this or more senior members can chime in.

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
draxz1289 said:
It depends on the VO since not all VO send out an AOR. You could try contacting them directly to check.

I also suggest you post this on the main thread and may be someone else has gone through this or more senior members can chime in.
Should i call CIC to provide me my husband's UCI# if possible?

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
bhkr0008 said:
Should i call CIC to provide me my husband's UCI# if possible?
Good News
So i called CIC and the very generous lady provided me with my husband's UCI# that has been generated and that the file is in New Delhi..
Guys does this mean should I still worry about AOR2?

CLYL

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
September 2014. Remedical request Nov 2015
Interview........
IP since aor2 date in February 2015. Status changed to IP sometime in mid August 2015
bhkr0008 said:
Good News
So i called CIC and the very generous lady provided me with my husband's UCI# that has been generated and that the file is in New Delhi..
[/quotes]
That's great! They Prob either forgot to send it out to you or made a mistake sending it out. They probably generate UCI for principal applicant only when nvdo gets it. Did you ask them about the aor2 that U didn't receive though?

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
CLYL said:
bhkr0008 said:
Good News
[/quotes]
That's great! They Prob either forgot to send it out to you or made a mistake sending it out. They probably generate UCI for principal applicant only when nvdo gets it. Did you ask them about the aor2 that U didn't receive though?
I asked them to send me an email regarding an AOR2, she said its not on our hands that is suppose to be given by ur VO..

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
bhkr0008 said:
Good News
should i still worry bcz AOR2 email is still a written official letter..
What is AOR2 meant to be for though, is there any other info that i have missed that could be important in that letter other then file no and UCI#?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
bhkr0008 said:
should i still worry bcz AOR2 email is still a written official letter..
What is AOR2 meant to be for though, is there any other info that i have missed that could be important in that letter other then file no and UCI#?
Thats great then you have got the applicants UCI number. If you have not sent the case specific enquiry you can now enter his UCI.

This is what it said:

Dear :

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

 Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

 Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:

 All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.

NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: www.cic.gc.ca or www.india.gc.ca should you require more information on the processing of your application.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.

bhkr0008

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
17-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
HOPE NO
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
draxz1289 said:
Thats great then you have got the applicants UCI number. If you have not sent the case specific enquiry you can now enter his UCI.

This is what it said:

Dear :

We have received your application for permanent residence in Canada and have created a file with the file number indicated above. Please quote this file number in all future correspondence with our office.

In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

 Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

 Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

IF YOU ARE A NATIONAL OF AFGHANISTAN:

 All males aged 15 and above and all females aged 18 and above must complete supplementary information forms. You and your dependents must complete these forms whether or not they are accompanying you to Canada. Please write your file number on every page of the form. The form can be found at page 22 of the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3911e.pdf

PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application.

NOTE: You MUST inform our office of any change in your mailing address, a change in your marital and/or family status, or other information relevant to your application. Due to our operational constraints we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of the new information, but it will be noted on your file. You may also visit our websites: www.cic.gc.ca or www.india.gc.ca should you require more information on the processing of your application.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section

PS: THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE.
Thank you..
which one is better GCMC notes or Case specific inquiry?

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
bhkr0008 said:
Thank you..
which one is better GCMC notes or Case specific inquiry?
As mentioned earlier, the GCMC notes are specific notes made by the officer pertaining to the case and will contain other attributes such as medicals passed, security etc. You might not have any thing in the notes since it was just transferred and this might be beneficial say you want to know mid way if there are comments on the file. We were curious so we have submitted a request for the notes on the SA application.

A case specific inquiry is what you ask the VO the question; since you have already submitted the email to them asking for the status for the AOR2 I say wait for couple of week and you should hear back.

august10

Star Member
Sep 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 27 2014
AOR Received.
February 11 2015
File Transfer...
February 24 2015
Med's Done....
September 17th 2014
Hello everyone .
I just called cic asking for an update on my application. And still no luck :( my application was received by cic on October 27th. I got AOR on February 11th. But haven't received SA after that . So when I called them they said that there are still applications from October that they are still processing. But it's so strange that SA haven't been send out for so long :( so I asked the representative whether my husbands medical details have been received ? And she said that if I haven't sent the "use of a representative form " then I can't access my husbands information . And she sent me an email saying that I can fill out the form and upload it through case specific enquiry and send it . So once I am granted I will be able to see if his medicals are received ?
It's strange cause I got a file number from the call center, but I can't view my status once I enter my details. They said that my application maybe in line to start processing . I believe almost everyone has received SA ?? I am flying to India to see my husband in August . I just hope things can speed up . Is there anyway to find out why there's a delay in my application ??

Daks

Jun 2, 2014
Hi hi,

While rereading the "Sponsorship Approval" letter I noticed that it appears my application is now being processed in Mississauga instead of London (which I had requested).

The letter reads "You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga"

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.