Upfront
Med's Done....
02-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 27-08-15, COPR: 20-11-15
davidbrampton said:
Goodmorning guys, recieved email yesterday, "sponsorship approved, file send to abroad for further processing"
david
Congrats David! Are you the David on the spreadsheet? Make sure you update it! Where is your file being sent for processing?

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
davidbrampton said:
Goodmorning guys, recieved email yesterday, "sponsorship approved, file send to abroad for further processing"
david
Congrats!!!!

For those that aren't on the October spreadsheet, a few of us on here have the spreadsheets in our signatures, including me.

prairiegirl22 said:
Hi all,

I just called as I'm at 56 days. Somewhat frustrating, the agent didn't look into my specific application because she said that they are still working on ones received on Oct 5th and mine was received on the 15th. Since that is the out of date information on the website from Nov 26th, the info on this site is still the best to go by it appears. I will call again before Xmas break if I haven't heard as I forgot to ask what days they will be shut over the holidays!
I understand your frustration, especially since you're so close :mad:

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
Feb/04/2015, IP Since Feb/04/2015
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Re-Medicals - Sept/23/2015
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
davidbrampton said:
david
Congrats David... Right before the holidays :)

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
prairiegirl22 said:
Hi all,

I just called as I'm at 56 days. Somewhat frustrating, the agent didn't look into my specific application because she said that they are still working on ones received on Oct 5th and mine was received on the 15th. Since that is the out of date information on the website from Nov 26th, the info on this site is still the best to go by it appears. I will call again before Xmas break if I haven't heard as I forgot to ask what days they will be shut over the holidays!
I hear you thats its very frustrating, they seem to go on outdated information and arent bothered to look at your file.
Hope you can hear back quickly.

Also if anyone is calling please ask when they are closed for the holidays. Please and Thank you :)

davidbrampton

Nov 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October /8/2014
Doc's Request.
DECEMBER 29-2014-RPRF
AOR Received.
09-DECEMBER-2014
File Transfer...
09-DECEMBER-2014
Med's Request
18-DECEMBER-2015 REMEDICAL DONE
Med's Done....
17-AUGUST-2014. INPROCESS SINCE AUG 24, 2015
Interview........
WAVED AS PER NOTES
Passport Req..
25-Jan-2016, DM on 27/Jan/2016
prairiegirl22 said:
Congrats David! Are you the David on the spreadsheet? Make sure you update it! Where is your file being sent for processing?
Hi, just updated. visa office NewDelhi. tnx to all. hope everything goes well with all applicants, to be honest waiting period sucks lol.

ellybec

Sep 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-10-2014
AOR Received.
12-03-2014
Med's Done....
08-19-2014
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-19-2014
LANDED..........
12-19-2014
Jaffamuzz said:
Hi everyone,

Just to update you here (and we'll update the OCT14 spreadsheet too) that we went from AOR to SA within 5 days or so (but it was over the weekend so probably less). In addition, the SA letter which we received says something very interesting that I wanted to share.

The SA letter states

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing."

However, the address they have stated for the visa office is "CPC-Ottawa, NHQ - Centralized Processing Region"

then it says, "This visa office was selected based on your relative's home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

The 'abroad' part confused me because it was supposed to be going to Sydney, Australia for processing, but this sounds like a 'standard' letter that they put out.

It certainly appears that the Visa processing is staying in Canada to be processed in Ottawa! I hope I'm right and I hope it's fast!

Anyone else had this happen?
I also applied outland through the Sydney office, but our SA letter said this:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga."

We went from AOR to SA in 2 days, and then I received an email from the Sydney visa office on the same day as receiving SA that says:

"Your application for admission to Canada as a Permanent Resident may now be ready to be finalised, conditional to a final admissibility review by the immigration officer.

Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Form(s) will be valid for your initial entry to Canada until 08/28/2015 (mm/dd/yy).

So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, please submit the documents listed below:"

The documents requested are passport, updated appendix B and two immigration photos, all of which I mailed off a couple of days ago. The letter gave me two options for sending the requested information: If I was living in Canada and would be for the next three months, I could send it to CPC Ottawa. If I was living in Sydney, I could send it to the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney. I chose to follow the instructions for people currently living in Canada, which means that the information was sent to Ottawa. I'm not sure what this means in terms of processing times for my application, but considering how quickly I got to PPR I hope it means I don't have to wait through the 11-month processing time currently listed for Sydney.

FWIW, I think our application was very straightforward and I provided heaps and heaps of relationship proof. My sponsor and I have been together for four years, we have no kids, and my sponsor is on a good salary (although work is contract based and we had to provide a separate sheet to list all of his employers over the last 5 years).

My application was received by CIC on October 10th, so that "working on application received October 5th" processing time doesn't appear to be accurate.

Dream1429

Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 oct 2014
File Transfer...
02 Jan 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 April 2015
Its been 57 days that I submitted my application. But I still didn't receive the sponsorship approval letter. I submitted on 15th October 2014. What should I do???

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Dream1429 said:
Its been 57 days that I submitted my application. But I still didn't receive the sponsorship approval letter. I submitted on 15th October 2014. What should I do???
All u can do is wait. I originally submitted mine end of August and then the requested change form October 1. So technically I think October 1 is my new application date and I still haven't received a sponsorship approval for anything either. You can try to call him and see what's happening, at least that way maybe they'll send off an email to investigate. But after that I'll just tell you to wait. It's really frustrating

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
http://imgur.com/ctM9P6r

What is this new screen? It doesn't look like the ECAS screen I'm use to seeing. Anyone else with a client ID getting this too?

Dream1429

Nov 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 oct 2014
File Transfer...
02 Jan 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20 April 2015
newgirl1 said:
All u can do is wait. I originally submitted mine end of August and then the requested change form October 1. So technically I think October 1 is my new application date and I still haven't received a sponsorship approval for anything either. You can try to call him and see what's happening, at least that way maybe they'll send off an email to investigate. But after that I'll just tell you to wait. It's really frustrating
I tried calling them . but I couldn't get hold of an agent. Automated machine keeps redirecting me. Finally it asked me for my application number.which I don't know.

warzo

Aug 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2014
AOR Received.
29-11-2014
File Transfer...
01-12-2014 - In Process...: - 17-08-2015
Med's Done....
06-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2015
LANDED..........
28-12-2015
Congratulationz. This is pretty fast. Happy for you.

ellybec said:
I also applied outland through the Sydney office, but our SA letter said this:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s) has been retained for further processing at CPC Mississauga."

We went from AOR to SA in 2 days, and then I received an email from the Sydney visa office on the same day as receiving SA that says:

"Your application for admission to Canada as a Permanent Resident may now be ready to be finalised, conditional to a final admissibility review by the immigration officer.

Your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) Form(s) will be valid for your initial entry to Canada until 08/28/2015 (mm/dd/yy).

So that your permanent resident visa(s) can be issued, please submit the documents listed below:"

The documents requested are passport, updated appendix B and two immigration photos, all of which I mailed off a couple of days ago. The letter gave me two options for sending the requested information: If I was living in Canada and would be for the next three months, I could send it to CPC Ottawa. If I was living in Sydney, I could send it to the Consulate General of Canada in Sydney. I chose to follow the instructions for people currently living in Canada, which means that the information was sent to Ottawa. I'm not sure what this means in terms of processing times for my application, but considering how quickly I got to PPR I hope it means I don't have to wait through the 11-month processing time currently listed for Sydney.

FWIW, I think our application was very straightforward and I provided heaps and heaps of relationship proof. My sponsor and I have been together for four years, we have no kids, and my sponsor is on a good salary (although work is contract based and we had to provide a separate sheet to list all of his employers over the last 5 years).

My application was received by CIC on October 10th, so that "working on application received October 5th" processing time doesn't appear to be accurate.

draxz1289

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October/28/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Jan/19/2015
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Sept/04/2014
Passport Req..
Jan/18/2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct/09/2015
LANDED..........
Feb/05/2016
saria1 said:
http://imgur.com/ctM9P6r

What is this new screen? It doesn't look like the ECAS screen I'm use to seeing. Anyone else with a client ID getting this too?
I was getting this earlier last week, looks like the website is slow (could be updating the timeline)

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.
Dec,25,2014
File Transfer...
Jan,6,2015
Med's Done....
July 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 11 2015
LANDED..........
MARCH 16 2015
Dream1429 said:
I tried calling them . but I couldn't get hold of an agent. Automated machine keeps redirecting me. Finally it asked me for my application number.which I don't know.
It's pretty simple when you get on the phone with them they ask you if you want to proceed in English or French. After that it's always option one. Keep pressing one all the way through until you get to the part where they ask you for your application number, or UCI number.you can just make up a number, just press 1234 or something, then it will ask you for Your year of birth. After that they will transfer you to an agent. You might get a message saying call volumes are high and they can transfer you. If that happens I've learned a trick. Hangup call back again and do the whole thing in French. I don't speak French nor do I understand that but I know what to press so I just do the same thing in French and usually then I will get transferred. I don't know I guess there's less people in french waiting to be connected. ;) good luck

newgirl1

Nov 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August,22,2014
Doc's Request.
Sept,25,2014
AOR Received.