+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2014 Citizenship Applications

krohmal

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
_iMad_ said:
Just wanted to update you guys, eCas changed today to Decision Made, oath letter already sent and I think should be in the mail today. Scheduled for Nov. 23.
I gotta say CIC has significanlty cut the long wait time, my journey exactly 13 month after I applied.
Thank you all for your input and comments, congrats to those who already had their citizenship and good luck for those who are still waiting...hang in there, you are not the only one !
cheers,
Congratulations!!! Did you get oath at the same time the status changed to decision made?

_iMad_

Nov 3, 2014
Gatineau, QC (Ottawa Area)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krohmal said:
Congratulations!!! Did you get oath at the same time the status changed to decision made?
Thanks! I am not sure when the status changed, but it sure did before I receive the letter. The letter should be in the mail today and status changed yesterday ( or probably before, since I did not check it last week ).

BlsdFolk

Aug 13, 2015
BlsdFolk said:
Calgary

Received: November 6, 2014.
AOR: January 29, 2015.
In Process: February 8, 2015.
Ecas Notice with Test Date: July 27, 2015
Test Date: 11-August, 2015 (Passed)
Ecas Status: 18 August, 2015 (Decision Made)
Oath Date: October 30, 2015

Mikey777

Nov 20, 2015
I am new in this forum, Applied October 2014 had my test and interview September 2015 the interview was very smooth, I had my passports translated as it wasn't in English,the officer reviewed the stamps with the resident calculater and he had the CBSA report in front of him and also he compared the stamps.
At first the officer asked me If he can keep the translation with him, I answered sure . At the end of the interview he told me I don't need the traslation you can keep it for you record.
At the end officer told me that all what he needs now and I am good to go.nothing was mentioned about oath
I haven't received any additional request for documents
Last week my status online changed to Decision made for 3 days then changed back to In process.
Any one experienced this change before ,please reply is it a good sign or an error in the system.

Office Mississauga
Applied October 2014
Strat processing January 2015
Test passed September 2015

Oath ???

OC14DE15

Dec 19, 2015
Absurd said:
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told thatTHERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!)From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won't receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...
Hi Absurd, I hope you have attended the oath ceremony by now! I am almost in the same situation, waiting for my oath since July, no update in my on-line status and when I call CIC they want me to call back if the 6 months waiting is completed which will be in January 2016. I am really frastrated and don't know what to do. Please let me if you waited longer or you got your oath invitation earlier. Thank you :)

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All right, I'm done with my immigration and citizenship adventures today in Scarborough.

Wish you guys all the best!!!!

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
OC14DE15 said:
Hi Absurd, I hope you have attended the oath ceremony by now! I am almost in the same situation, waiting for my oath since July, no update in my on-line status and when I call CIC they want me to call back if the 6 months waiting is completed which will be in January 2016. I am really frastrated and don't know what to do. Please let me if you waited longer or you got your oath invitation earlier. Thank you :)
In such scenario, please approach your area Federal MP, they can intervene on your behalf and get CIC responses within 2 weeks.

At the same time, file an ATIP report, though it takes 30 days but get an understanding the reason for delay. Accordingly you can take action.

OC14DE15

Dec 19, 2015
Canadiandesi2006 said:
In such scenario, please approach your area Federal MP, they can intervene on your behalf and get CIC responses within 2 weeks.

At the same time, file an ATIP report, though it takes 30 days but get an understanding the reason for delay. Accordingly you can take action.
Thank you for useful information. My status was changed to "Decision Made" just last night! I don't know if that means the process is done or not!!! I may wait few more days before approaching my MP. Thanks again.

Skakeholder

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All family members got passports today. Now the journey is officially over.
:)