October 2013 Citizenship Applications

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
ar2009 said:
We became Canadian Citizens today! had our oath at Mississauga,

Good Luck to all!

Here is the timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.

LTO Jan 21st -Mississauga Office
Test on March 25th in Mississauga
Oath April 2nd, 2014
Congrats!! ;D

7amada

Apr 3, 2014
I applied on OCT 21st the received on 23 since I live in the same City "Sydney"
it showed online that it's in process and they sent me the acknowledge letter on Jan 22nd,2014
called them by March since I never received anything they said the letter was sent twice once on Feb21st and 23rd.. asked why she answered "I DONoT KNOW"

anyways till this moment I didn't receive anything..
Today i was checking online it didn't bring anything as I never applied ??? ??? ???
called them right away. The lady told me that they are experiencing technical issues with the website.. and she told me that my file has been transferred to Halifax local office. and it doesn't matter if i didn't receive the acknowledgement letter -maybe it got lost in the mail- and i should be waiting for a note to take my test...

can anyone till me what's going on or what happens next?

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
ar2009 said:
We became Canadian Citizens today! had our oath at Mississauga,

Good Luck to all!

Here is the timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.

LTO Jan 21st -Mississauga Office
Test on March 25th in Mississauga
Oath April 2nd, 2014
Congratulations!!
It has being officially confirmed that Mississauga Office Rocks!! :p

yuz

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Me too~!!! I checked the status and the system cannot find my application anymore. so I called them, terrified, and they told me my application is on its way to Vancouver....
However, what I am worrying about, is that the agents put me on hold for a moment to check a "note". I forgot to ask him about the "note", any one has any idea what it may be? hopefully I'm not getting RQ~!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
7amada said:
I applied on OCT 21st the received on 23 since I live in the same City "Sydney"
it showed online that it's in process and they sent me the acknowledge letter on Jan 22nd,2014
called them by March since I never received anything they said the letter was sent twice once on Feb21st and 23rd.. asked why she answered "I DONoT KNOW"

anyways till this moment I didn't receive anything..
Today i was checking online it didn't bring anything as I never applied ??? ??? ???
called them right away. The lady told me that they are experiencing technical issues with the website.. and she told me that my file has been transferred to Halifax local office. and it doesn't matter if i didn't receive the acknowledgement letter -maybe it got lost in the mail- and i should be waiting for a note to take my test...

can anyone till me what's going on or what happens next?
Funny I just called them and they mentioned that they had no technical difficulties whatsoever. See my post on the MAY 2013 thread.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
UPDATE***

I just received a letter dated March 31st March 2014 to write my citizenship test. :D ;D

The test is scheduled for April 16th, 2014.

Seems like St. John's Newfoundland is beginning to compete with Mississauga office ;)

I am super excited!!!

Wish me luck..........

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Cha2 said:
UPDATE***

I just received a letter dated March 31st March 2014 to write my citizenship test. :D ;D

The test is scheduled for April 16th, 2014.

Seems like St. John's Newfoundland is beginning to compete with Mississauga office ;)

I am super excited!!!

Wish me luck..........
Congrats !! did u travel during the 4 yr period ?

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Okay I guess every step in this application process comes with its own "headache" for some people of which right now I fall in.

Here is my own "headache" and I would appreciate any advice:

I have traveled to the United States four times in the past. And on all these occasions, I drove from Niagara falls Canada boarder into Buffalo New-York. I declared all these trips while I was filling for my citizenship application. But the problem now is that on my passport (which I have the US visa on) I have only exit stamps but no entry stamps back into Canada because I always used my PR card when I drove back.

So my problem now is how do I prove that I came back on the said dates I declared on my form if there are no entry stamp or am I over-thinking this?

Advice?? Anyone??

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
Cha2 said:
Okay I guess every step in this application process comes with its own "headache" for some people of which right now I fall in.

I have traveled to the United States four times in the past. And on all these occasions, I drove from Niagara falls Canada boarder into Buffalo New-York. I declared all these trips while I was filling for my citizenship application. But the problem now is that on my passport (which I have the US visa on) I have only exit stamps but no entry stamps back into Canada because I always used my PR card when I drove back.

So my problem now is how do I prove that I came back on the said dates I declared on my form if there are no entry stamp or am I over-thinking this?

Advice?? Anyone??

I dont think thats a problem... dont worry too much, when you enter CBSA would normally scan your PR card / passport and your CBSA report should reflect all that entries you made into canada. Try ordering your cbsa report and you should be fine.

atifakbar

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Milton, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cha2 said:

Advice?? Anyone??
Most probably CBSA report will help here. If you have time, request it now I believe you will get it in two months or leave it to CIC they will request it. You may have to wait for another one month or so ......
If they don’t find it they will verify it with CBSA report
Thanks

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Cha2 said:

Advice?? Anyone??
You should have ordered CBSA report where it would show all your entries into Canada. I believe that CBSA report is the most important thing one should have at the interview. You will not be able to get one because it takes 40 days until you receive it. I do not think you will have a problem since there is an exit stamp on your passport. I also know for sure that the CIC officers are aware of the the fact that at land borders CBSA officer do not stamp passports.

I recommend you translate all your stamps on your passport even if it is before you landed. the officer will want to make sure that those stamps were before you landed.

Another thing, bring all employment letters of all your previous employers and not just your current one. St John's office asks about that in particular. if you are not able to get those in time, then bring your notice of assessments of all years.

By the way, my exam is on the 17 in St John's.

Hope this helps

cheers

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
You should have ordered CBSA report where it would show all your entries into Canada. I believe that CBSA report is the most important thing one should have at the interview. You will not be able to get one because it takes 40 days until you receive it. I do not think you will have a problem since there is an exit stamp on your passport. I also know for sure that the CIC officers are aware of the the fact that at land borders CBSA officer do not stamp passports.

I recommend you translate all your stamps on your passport even if it is before you landed. the officer will want to make sure that those stamps were before you landed.

Another thing, bring all employment letters of all your previous employers and not just your current one. St John's office asks about that in particular. if you are not able to get those in time, then bring your notice of assessments of all years.

By the way, my exam is on the 17 in St John's.

Hope this helps

cheers
Thanks a lot Mrbravo this is very helpful. Wow it's good to know St. John's is moving fast.

But I have a question though - Please I would like to know what you mean by "translate all your stamps on your passport"?

Thanks..

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
atifakbar said:
Most probably CBSA report will help here. If you have time, request it now I believe you will get it in two months or leave it to CIC they will request it. You may have to wait for another one month or so ......
If they don't find it they will verify it with CBSA report
Thanks
Thanks. When I filled my citizenship application form there was a particular question that asked for me to tick "yes" or "no" whether I wanted CIC to collect my information from CBSA? and I ticked yes. So hopefully they should be able to get that for me or confirm from CBSA. I guess its too late to request one now.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can't log into my ecas for last three days. Can you guess the possible reason?