+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
ar2009 said:
Passed my test today 20/20. got the oath letter right away for April 2nd. I strongly suggest to study book, practice test from http://www.apnatoronto.com/. Apna Toronto tests are very helpful! I had many trips to my home country, Dubai, and to the U.S. The person checked all the stamps and verified by CBSA report. Please do get a copy from CBSA and know your reasons about your trips (vacation, business etc...).... I included the letter of employment with my application, i think this was very helpful, I also saw that they verified that letter, there was stamp on the letter.

Good luck to all :)

Here is the timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.

LTO Jan 21st -Mississauga Office
Test on March 25th in Mississauga
Oath April 2nd, 2014
Congrats Ar2009. Are you sure your oath is on the 2nd April? Sorry, but I don't see any oath ceremony on the 2nd April in Mississauga
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx#resultList

ar2009

Dec 20, 2013
noolan said:
Congrats Ar2009. Are you sure your oath is on the 2nd April? Sorry, but I don't see any oath ceremony on the 2nd April in Mississauga
I have the letter of invitation from them, its April 2nd at 1 pm. I am surprise it is not on their website, don't know why.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
noolan said:
congrats.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
ar2009 said:
I have the letter of invitation from them, its April 2nd at 1 pm. I am surprise it is not on their website, don't know why.
That is awesome! May be they did not update the website yet. I do see many ceremonies in April in other offices, but not Mississauga.
Congrats ;D,

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
when was your file transferred to local office? did the received-line on ECas disappear?
When I spoke to the agent today she was kind enough to tell me that it was transferred there two weeks ago.

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
Cha2: My local office is St John's Newfoundland as well.

FYI: My room-mate applied in August 2013, took the test Feb 27, 2014 and his oath was today.....

cheers
Wow, your room-mate's application was fast! I will be checking online for when the next citizenship ceremony will be...I think that is the secret to knowing how fast the local office will be. My guess is that we will be next. :D I am that hopeful!

Roo7_alwrd

Dec 5, 2013
Hi all
Now body from Ottawa
Myapplication still in process
It does not translated to cic local office yet
Cic Ottawa always laaaate :(

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
We got our Test Notification today! Wahoooo!

April 16th at Scarborough Test Ctr.

Husband is a student - should he bring anything stating that he's in and has been in university all this time?

What about birth certificate? We don't have an original of this on hand.

Anything else that we should be bringing? He isn't currently employed but has been in the past...

Any advice would be great!

I'll keep yall posted as we get more info!

sungeus

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys

Got a fingerprint request today, will send it soon.

Apparently the letter came from St. Clair Toronto office, I was told my file is in Mississauga?? ???

Cheers

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
mrbravo said:
when was your file transferred to local office? did the received-line on ECas disappear?
Mrbravo, I only have the "in process" line on my Ecas. The received line has long been gone.

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All, I'm also an October 2013 applicant.

On March 24th , I got a letter dated March 19th to get my Fingerprinting done. Therefore today, I got my fingerprinting done from an RCMP Accredited Agency.

Does anyone has any idea how long to wait for the test date ? Would the fingerprinting request delay the case ?

Also, on a side note, Post submission of my application of Canadian Citizenship (completing over 1120 days of residency), I became a US Green Card holder. Would this impact my case in any ways.

Please note that all the time I got considered towards my Canadian Citizenship, I was not a resident of any other country than Canada.

Advice appreciated!

Singh

ar2009

Dec 20, 2013
We became Canadian Citizens today! had our oath at Mississauga,

Good Luck to all!

Here is the timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.

LTO Jan 21st -Mississauga Office
Test on March 25th in Mississauga
Oath April 2nd, 2014