+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Just done the TEST at Hamilton CIC office this morning.

pretty straight forward, checked the ID and test letter. Got 20/20 ;D

Waiting for 1 and half hour for only 5 minitues interview.

Had more than 30 times day trips to US in past four years, but the officer did not question me for that.

She only checked stamps on passport.

In the end, I was told the waiting time for the ceremony is up to 3 months.

Cheers!

Wish all the Oct. App. get good news soon.

ar2009

Dec 20, 2013
Passed my test today 20/20. got the oath letter right away for April 2nd. I strongly suggest to study book, practice test from http://www.apnatoronto.com/. Apna Toronto tests are very helpful! I had many trips to my home country, Dubai, and to the U.S. The person checked all the stamps and verified by CBSA report. Please do get a copy from CBSA and know your reasons about your trips (vacation, business etc...).... I included the letter of employment with my application, i think this was very helpful, I also saw that they verified that letter, there was stamp on the letter.

Good luck to all :)

Here is the timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 11, 2013.

LTO Jan 21st -Mississauga Office
Test on March 25th in Mississauga
Oath April 2nd, 2014

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
ar2009 said:
Passed my test today 20/20. got the oath letter right away for April 2nd. I strongly suggest to study book, practice test from http://www.apnatoronto.com/. Apna Toronto tests are very helpful! I had many trips to my home country, Dubai, and to the U.S. The person checked all the stamps and verified by CBSA report. Please do get a copy from CBSA and know your reasons about your trips (vacation, business etc...).... I included the letter of employment with my application, i think this was very helpful, I also saw that they verified that letter, there was stamp on the letter.

Here is the timeline:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Oath April 2nd, 2014
Congratulations. I am glad that you had received your oath today :D

Well I have been attacked by a few members for claiming that including employment letters in the original application and possibly CBSA or Notice of assessments would make the application processed faster. many people think that this raise flags while actually it doesn't and it makes the file goes smoother. I have many evidences of friends who did this.

I would also recommend applicants to bring in their passport stamps translated to the interview. This is also extremely important.

thanks,

mrbravo

torontonian2003

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ar2009 said:

Here is the timeline:

Oath April 2nd, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS!

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

Decided to join the forum. My details are as follows:

Received application on October 23rd, 2013

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2013.

We started processing your application on January 20, 2014.

Status is in process.

Please add me to the "Great" October 2013 Application Excel Sheet. ;D

Thanks...

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Cha2 said:
Hi everyone,

Decided to join the forum. My details are as follows:

Received application on October 23rd, 2013

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2013.

We started processing your application on January 20, 2014.

Status is in process.

You are just a day before me. Which office are you? Family or single?

Please add me to the "Great" October 2013 Application Excel Sheet. ;D

Thanks...

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Yayy!! I just spoke to a CIC agent now and was informed my file has being transferred to my local office.

Hopefully that means my test date will be anytime soon.

Seems like my application is moving fast! I am keeping my hands spread wide apart and my hopes SUPER HIGH!! ;D

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
@OCT13 - Its for a Single Application. My local office is St. John's Newfoundland.

What about you what's your local office?

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Cha2 said:
@ OCT13 - Its for a Single Application. My local office is St. John's Newfoundland.

Mine is Vancouver and it is family.

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So i'm not sure what to make of this reply from the cic agent. She mentioned "They have all the information required from me. The local office in my case will be scarborough and the local office will contact me when they are ready to schedule a test or if they require additional info." When I asked if that means my application has been transferred to scarborough, she said "No it has not been transferred yet but looking at your file, I can tell you that scarborough is the assigned local office for you"

Any thoughts on how i'm assigned a local office but the application has not been transferred yet?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
local office is assigned based on your location. most are pre-determined.

druid2010

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
local office is assigned based on your location. most are pre-determined.
up until now when i asked about the local office, they kept saying that it was not assigned yet which is why i was confused.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Cha2 said:
@ OCT13 - Its for a Single Application. My local office is St. John's Newfoundland.

Cha2: My local office is St John's Newfoundland as well.

FYI: My room-mate applied in August 2013, took the test Feb 27, 2014 and his oath was today.....

cheers

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Cha2 said:
Yayy!! I just spoke to a CIC agent now and was informed my file has being transferred to my local office.

Hopefully that means my test date will be anytime soon.

Seems like my application is moving fast! I am keeping my hands spread wide apart and my hopes SUPER HIGH!! ;D
when was your file transferred to local office? did the received-line on ECas disappear?