+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

Oct13

Jan 23, 2014
Sept30 said:
Hi All,

One more update: just got a letter for test at Scarborough Town Center. :)
Congratulations.. I am thinking to "immigrate" from Vancouver to Scarborough :)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I got the Canadian Passport today. I did not even have to do any test, oath etc... Then I realize that was for my daughter. That is not fair, she applied Feb 28, 2014 and got it and I applied Oct 2013 and still have not heard anything... (wink).

Nothing from my side here.
Have a great week everyone.

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked already, or maybe there hasn't been a confirmed answer yet...

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what our local office is. On the CIC website it says whichever office is closest to your home, but I'm right in the middle of St. Clair and Scarborough. Like almost exactly in the middle! Haha

Is there any way to know?

And BTW... nothing new on our end :)

Thanks in advance!

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rachel6992,

Did you call the CIC? If not, give them a call and check if your application has been transferred. If so, ask about your local office.

I assume also in your timeline below that you applied in 2013 & not 2014 :p

rachel6992 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been asked already, or maybe there hasn't been a confirmed answer yet...

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what our local office is. On the CIC website it says whichever office is closest to your home, but I'm right in the middle of St. Clair and Scarborough. Like almost exactly in the middle! Haha

Is there any way to know?

And BTW... nothing new on our end :)

Thanks in advance!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
lilua said:
Today I got letter for citizenship test on 21st March at Scarborough Center.
Great !! good luck ... your case processed pretty quick.. did you attach any documents with application and did you had travel during the 4 yr period ?

fallenstar831

Nov 8, 2009
St. Catharines, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-11-2009
File Transfer...
22-12-2009
Med's Done....
12-11-2009
Passport Req..
02-05-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-22-2010
LANDED..........
03-25-2010
Woohooo! Oath letter received today for the Niagara Falls office!

Hubby's Oath date is March 28 @ 1:15pm

Full Timeline:

Sent October 24, 2013
AOR January 17, 2014
Test February 18, 2014
Oath March 28, 2014

rachel6992

Star Member
Oct 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 5th 2010
Passport Req..
July 19th 2010
LANDED..........
August 11, 2010
haha, yes that's right... unless I'm from the future ;) I'll update my timeline now!

Yeah I guess we could call. I didn't think they'd answer questions so soon. I mean, we've only been "in process" for just under 3 months now.

The app is for my husband, so he'll probably have to make the phone call. I'll keep y'all posted!

farrous13 said:
Hi rachel6992,

Did you call the CIC? If not, give them a call and check if your application has been transferred. If so, ask about your local office.

I assume also in your timeline below that you applied in 2013 & not 2014 :p

tnangers

Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I checked my E-cas today and the Received Line dissappare. Instead, I saw this when I clicked on In Process line:

"4.We sent you a letter on March 6, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

I checked my mail box but nothing in there. I think I got RQ :((

charmed10-2013

Feb 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tnangers said:
Hi All,

I checked my E-cas today and the Received Line dissappare. Instead, I saw this when I clicked on In Process line:

"4.We sent you a letter on March 6, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Our timeline is so close to each other. We have the same local office - Vancouver. My Received Line disappeared last Friday. Now I am scared to check my E-cas.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
tnangers said:
Hi All,

Did u travel alot during the 4 year period ?

osamaamany

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Dear muzamil,

what is the link between traveling a lot in the 4 years period and getting RQ? I landed in Dec. 2010 and I applied for the citizenship in Feb. 2014 and I traveled about 8 - 10 times during 2010 prior to my landing date.

In this case does that mean if I completed the 1095 days required to be eligible for applying to the citizenship then I will get RQ as a punishment for my travel PRIOR to my landing date - Dec. 2010 - !! ::)

I guess this is unfair and not logic because the issue is whether the immigrant completed the physical 1095 days in 4 years not whether he / she traveled a lot during the 4 years period specially if these travels prior to the landing date.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
charmed10-2013 said:
Our timeline is so close to each other. We have the same local office - Vancouver. My Received Line disappeared last Friday. Now I am scared to check my E-cas.
Charmed - It is quite common for the Received Line to disappear after a while. No need to worry about that. My Received Line has disappeared about 2-3 weeks ago.