+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Jaeson said:
Hi guys
I am new here.
One of my friend sent his documents to immigration oct 1st and he left Canada at the same day around 11 30pm , he arrived to destination next day is it absence from Canada?
Is it a problem ?

thanks
We have received your question. Please consider delays in replying.. 8) 8) 8)

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaeson said:
Hi guys
I am new here.
One of my friend sent his documents to immigration oct 1st and he left Canada at the same day around 11 30pm , he arrived to destination next day is it absence from Canada?
Is it a problem ?

thanks
he might have signed the application on October 1st but could have been eligible months back or even years back (I know such applicants)... So depending when he actually fulfilled the 1095 days of residence... IF Oct 1st was the 1095th day, then he is on the fence and the fence has some sharp edges... An example would be I left Toronto May 24th 9:30 pm, I have indicated May 24th as 'absence' because I was not in Canada at midnight.... So, yes it is an absence with the eye I see...

Ask him/her how many days of residency he has completed on Oct 1st...

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And yes, The Octoberians will have a 'Secret' meeting to decide if your friend belongs to this thread or not... tough to be him/her.

Afalina

Mar 8, 2013
CaMtl said:
Hello, I am new in the forum

Just to share my timeline :
Application sent October 21
In process January 21
Letter and booklet received February 14
From Montreal
Welcome to October team, CaMtl! :D

Jaeson

Feb 26, 2014
sept15 said:
he might have signed the application on October 1st but could have been eligible months back or even years back (I know such applicants)... So depending when he actually fulfilled the 1095 days of residence... IF Oct 1st was the 1095th day, then he is on the fence and the fence has some sharp edges... An example would be I left Toronto May 24th 9:30 pm, I have indicated May 24th as 'absence' because I was not in Canada at midnight.... So, yes it is an absence with the eye I see...

Ask him/her how many days of residency he has completed on Oct 1st...
When he calculated the days online it says he is eligible to apply on Oct 1st 2013 , He sent out his applications on Oct 1st and left from Canada for 10 days and came back. And on his passport the stamp from USA next day , there is no stamp from Canada.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaeson said:
When he calculated the days online it says he is eligible to apply on Oct 1st 2013 , He sent out his applications on Oct 1st and left from Canada for 10 days and came back. And on his passport the stamp from USA next day , there is no stamp from Canada.
Interesting... I would take Oct 1 as an absence, The Officer will see that stamo during the interview.. but the bigger question is: Why would someone do that, lol - he could have easily applied when he got back or later - such a risk taker to say the least...

In any case, good luck to him and hope everything goes smoothly and I would not do that... lol

Jaeson

Feb 26, 2014
sept15 said:
Interesting... I would take Oct 1 as an absence, The Officer will see that stamo during the interview.. but the bigger question is: Why would someone do that, lol - he could have easily applied when he got back or later - such a risk taker to say the least...

In any case, good luck to him and hope everything goes smoothly and I would not do that... lol
its says online calculate he is eligible to apply for 1st of Oct , meaning for me Sep 30th the last day for 1095th , and on the form says " Remember to make sure that you are eligible to apply for citizenship on the day BEFORE you sing this application '' I hope everything goes best for him

Hasss

Feb 19, 2014
My Timeline:

Application sent: October-18th

Application in progress: No news

AOR received: Not yet

It sucks!

Anybody else in similar situation here?

I am worried about my case.

jujuberanch

Mar 26, 2013
it took me 3 and a half months to see an update. so just be patient.

Hasss said:
My Timeline:

Application sent: October-18th

Application in progress: No news

AOR received: Not yet

It sucks!

Anybody else in similar situation here?

I am worried about my case.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

one of my closest friend had his interview today at one of the Atlantic Provinces today. I spoke to him on Monday and warned him that he needs to have his stamps translated; he was surprised and said that this is not required. I emphasized to him that is important so that the officer can review his exit and entry. He was convinced and had and went to the interview with the translated documents and HR letters.

During the interview, the officer checked everything and told him that the best thing he did was to have his stamps translated. The officer also added that she would have asked him to come back another time for another interview if he hadn;'t had the stamps translated

Another Guy was there with my friend for the interview. He had stamps translated but had only one HR letter out of several jobs he had done in Canada. She also asked him to provide the lease agreements. The officer gave him a week to provide her with those missing documents.

To Sum up, the officer literally asked him to provide a proof of residency and employment. This could be the leases and HR letters and or Notice off assessments since it shows the employer.

For my friend, she didn't ask him for all that because he had his school records, his kids school records, his wife school records, he also provided passport translations and HR letters so he was good.

I thought I would share this info with you all. I strongly recommend everyone to bring CBSA reports, HR Letters form all employers, leases and translated stamps at the interview.

Another point to add: My friend asked the officer " why you guys are not listing the translated stamps and the Taxes as part of the required documents to have on hand during the interview ?" the officer ADMITTED that lack of information provided to the applicants is part of the ISSUES they are experiencing and that CIC should do better than this. Officer also mentioned that CIC will make sure in the near future that people are well aware of those requirements.

Another surprising thing the officer said today to my friend is that " EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO STAMP HIS / HER PASSPORT WHEN EXITING CANADA. WE CAN GO TO ANY OFFICER AT THE AIRPORT AND REQUEST AND EXIT STAMP. IT IS DOABLE UPON REQUEST" this was the first time I hear about that. I am travelling to my home country in Easter for 2 weeks and I will try it out.

Please share the above information to everyone

Thanks

Hasss

Feb 19, 2014
jujuberanch said:
it took me 3 and a half months to see an update. so just be patient.
Thanks jujuberanch

For me, it had been 4.5 months already! Besides, when I called CIC ~2 weeks ago, they said they have processed all applications submitted before Nov-15th. But, they had nothing for me in their system, even though, my application was submitted in October!

CocoaTea

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Damn! It's cold..it's reading -31C out there ! Let me get a large double double! Looks like we won't be having any updates any time soon! ;)

Jaeson

Feb 26, 2014
1)any one did fingerprints ?
2)whats is the processing time after sent it ?
Letter from From St.Clair office for fingerprints

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Hello Everyone,

one of my closest friend had his interview today at one of the Atlantic Provinces today. I spoke to him on Monday and warned him that he needs to have his stamps translated; he was surprised and said that this is not required. I emphasized to him that is important so that the officer can review his exit and entry. He was convinced and had and went to the interview with the translated documents and HR letters.

During the interview, the officer checked everything and told him that the best thing he did was to have his stamps translated. The officer also added that she would have asked him to come back another time for another interview if he hadn;'t had the stamps translated

Another Guy was there with my friend for the interview. He had stamps translated but had only one HR letter out of several jobs he had done in Canada. She also asked him to provide the lease agreements. The officer gave him a week to provide her with those missing documents.

To Sum up, the officer literally asked him to provide a proof of residency and employment. This could be the leases and HR letters and or Notice off assessments since it shows the employer.

For my friend, she didn't ask him for all that because he had his school records, his kids school records, his wife school records, he also provided passport translations and HR letters so he was good.

I thought I would share this info with you all. I strongly recommend everyone to bring CBSA reports, HR Letters form all employers, leases and translated stamps at the interview.

Another point to add: My friend asked the officer " why you guys are not listing the translated stamps and the Taxes as part of the required documents to have on hand during the interview ?" the officer ADMITTED that lack of information provided to the applicants is part of the ISSUES they are experiencing and that CIC should do better than this. Officer also mentioned that CIC will make sure in the near future that people are well aware of those requirements.

Another surprising thing the officer said today to my friend is that " EVERYONE HAS THE RIGHT TO STAMP HIS / HER PASSPORT WHEN EXITING CANADA. WE CAN GO TO ANY OFFICER AT THE AIRPORT AND REQUEST AND EXIT STAMP. IT IS DOABLE UPON REQUEST" this was the first time I hear about that. I am travelling to my home country in Easter for 2 weeks and I will try it out.

Please share the above information to everyone

Thanks
thanks for sharing this bud,