+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2013 Citizenship Applications

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sept15 said:
Thanks Lilua. Based on the information and the trend, its roughly '10' weeks after they receive the application Ecas reflects 'In Process'.... So yours will be just around Christmas time - or the week after Christmas and my will be week of January 2, 2014.... you are one week ahead of me... mine was received Oct 24/2013...
Cris-mass time will be holiday so hopefully sometime in 1st week of January 2014 our case will be shown in e-case.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, just to complete my information for the Timeline!

My application type is Single and my local office should be Montreal...

No news till now, they still have 4 weeks to go so that I start worrying :)

Apparently, the money that this year's budget allocated to Citizenship ( roughly 40 millions) was used to fine tune the cursed Residence Questionnaires that Operational Bulletin 407 created in may 2012 and to hire new citizenship judges, yet, the minister Chris Alexander claims that what they will try to do for 2014 is to maintain the processing delays at 25 months...(understand here that they are making efforts to maintain a bad situation that without these efforts can get much worse...scary, huh? ) It is only in the following year that we can expect quicker processing, but a new citizenship act is underway and nobody knows what it will look like - If you know friends or family members who qualify for citizenship but are still waiting for a reason or another, advise them to apply ASAP before things change completely...

aamer43

May 6, 2009
I am going to pay online for my citizenship application fee, just wanted to confirm if below mentioned is the correct category:

Adult Grant of Citizenship - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees

I am getting confused between the above mentioned and Adult Grant of Citizenship (Adoption) - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aamer43 said:
I am going to pay online for my citizenship application fee, just wanted to confirm if below mentioned is the correct category:

I am getting confused between the above mentioned and Adult Grant of Citizenship (Adoption) - Processing and Right of Citizenship fees

this is the one for you

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

Any news from CIC ? did anyone try to call them to see where they are at ? We should start getting news soon for october....I tried to call CIC but couldn't reach them due to large volume of calls! It must be the September people calling :p

The head of operations at CIC said at a meeting last weekend that 14-17% of the applicants are getting RQ, the triggers for RQ got fine tuned because when they created them in may 2012, CIC never expected that their employees would send it to that many people, it seems that at some point, over 30% of applicants where getting RQ's. The RQ's sent today are mostly pre-Test, only 4% are handed out post test.

On that subject, a new RQ form has been published two weeks ago, this time, they only ask for documents to prove that the applicant has been in Canada for at least 3 years in the 4 years reference period and not Since he got to Canada ( the old RQ form used to ask for much more info, and the reference period was eversince the person came to Canada...).

From what I see around and from what I read on forums, those who sent their applications in 2013 are getting much faster processing than those who sent their applications in 2011-2012... for this Forum, some of the April applicants are already taking citizenship tests.

tran

May 10, 2009
I sent my citizenship application via regular mail on Oct. 24. Till now I hear nothing from CIC. Is this normal? Thanks

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello Tran,

Don't worry, it is very normal! Some of us here sent their application at the begining of october and still have no updates. It will come! allow 8 to 12 weeks before starting to worry.

If you sent it through regular mail, you can never know for sure that it reached its destination before eCas tells you that they have received your application , it is recommended to use registered mail for such an important application.

After 12 weeks, if you have no news and if your application is not returned, you can try to call CIC!

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC is now opening application received till September 27.

Quote from September applicant:

""Re: September 2013 Citizenship Application
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2013, 09:04:19 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Here is the update, at last, I can see online (E-Cas):

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 3, 2013."

zzsfx

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
lilua said:
CIC is now opening application received till September 27.

Quote from September applicant:

""Re: September 2013 Citizenship Application
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2013, 09:04:19 am »
Reply with quoteQuote
Here is the update, at last, I can see online (E-Cas):

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 3, 2013."

Thank you, Once I got update, I will let you guys know.

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more month and we all shall see some updates on Ecas... Fingers crossed. Good weekend all.

lilua

Jun 11, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
October 2013 applicant get ready:

Your ecas update will be starting from around: 12 Dec 2013

So put in the following info and track your file:

Applicant Name App Received In Process App Type Physical Days Office RQ Date Test Date Oath

lilua 15 October Family 1107 Scarborough

surkentli21

Nov 17, 2013
hi, I want to learn about citizenship application they want to linc4 English class I think we should send before application or later .. if you help I will be clear.. thanks..

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramsfe said:
Well, just to complete my information for the Timeline!

My application type is Single and my local office should be Montreal...

No news till now, they still have 4 weeks to go so that I start worrying :)

Apparently, the money that this year's budget allocated to Citizenship ( roughly 40 millions) was used to fine tune the cursed Residence Questionnaires that Operational Bulletin 407 created in may 2012 and to hire new citizenship judges, yet, the minister Chris Alexander claims that what they will try to do for 2014 is to maintain the processing delays at 25 months...(understand here that they are making efforts to maintain a bad situation that without these efforts can get much worse...scary, huh? ) It is only in the following year that we can expect quicker processing, but a new citizenship act is underway and nobody knows what it will look like - If you know friends or family members who qualify for citizenship but are still waiting for a reason or another, advise them to apply ASAP before things change completely...
Ramfse - How do you know that a new Citizenship Act is underway? any source for this information. Do you know when it will might be proclaimed? thanks

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sept15,

Actually, the last few sentences of the last speech of the throne were about the citizenship act, the conservative governement promised that this session will see a full review of the current citizenship act that didn't get a serious reform in 30 years. Nobody really knows what the new reform will look like, speculations are that the more we advance in time, the less permanent residency will have value and the harder it will get to become a citizen, all the signs we are seeing today tend to show that what is to come will not be pleasant for many immigrants who immigrated to Canada for a second chance of having a good life - sadly enough, too many hard line conservative canadians believe that the road to citizenship is too easy today and the current government is doing its best to show them that they are listening to them.

When will the new act become effective ? well the process will take some time before the minister drafts the law and submits it to the two chambers to debate it and to approve it and then it will have to get the Royal Assent before it becomes a law. The conservatives have an absolute majority today so the process can be relatively quick and straightforward, nothing and nobody will really be able to stop them unless someone with a winning case challenges the new law at the supreme court (chances are that nobody will...). Anyhow, my personal analysis is that nothing will happen before february or even march because the pareliement will shut down for the vacations and will only open again in mid january... Today, the government has other issues to tackle, like the disgusting senate scandal and some other issues...but one never knows what tomorrow hides with Harper and his team.

Personally, as a lawful law abiding immigrant, and as a person who loves Canada and who adopted it as his home country, when I will become a Canadian Citizen, I will never forget this government's ideology on immigration and immigrants, so they will never be getting my vote.

Cheers!