+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

BritishInKorea

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2012
LANDED..........
July 2013
JoeUH said:
I'm not the one who started it, but I like spreadsheets so I just added you in.
Thank you very much!

computerangel

Aug 30, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCtober 10, 2012
AOR Received.
November 14,2012
File Transfer...
Nov.26,2012
Med's Done....
sept. 14,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2013
VISA ISSUED...
july 02, 2013
LANDED..........
july 17, 2013
chipits said:
Got our stage 2 AOR today, if someone can please update the spreadsheet :D
I was happy for you... Hopefully were next.. :D

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
HI guys!! We're approved in the sponsorship.. Received email notification Dec 7.. :)

computerangel

Aug 30, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCtober 10, 2012
AOR Received.
November 14,2012
File Transfer...
Nov.26,2012
Med's Done....
sept. 14,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2013
VISA ISSUED...
july 02, 2013
LANDED..........
july 17, 2013
WoodyKatie said:
HI guys!! We're approved in the sponsorship.. Received email notification Dec 7.. :)
good news katie.. welcome to stage 2.. prang nasa race tau no.. c chipits na received nya na ang aor ng stage 2.. sana tau rin soon.. :D

WoodyKatie

Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 31, 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 12, 2012
Med's Done....
Oct. 9, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2013
LANDED..........
October 2, 2013
computerangel said:
good news katie.. welcome to stage 2.. prang nasa race tau no.. c chipits na received nya na ang aor ng stage 2.. sana tau rin soon.. :D
Tnx computerangel! :) true... Soon soon soon! :-*

computerangel

Aug 30, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCtober 10, 2012
AOR Received.
November 14,2012
File Transfer...
Nov.26,2012
Med's Done....
sept. 14,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 17,2013
VISA ISSUED...
july 02, 2013
LANDED..........
july 17, 2013
WoodyKatie said:
Tnx computerangel! :) true... Soon soon soon! :-*
excited nko hayyyyyy sana by xmas.. :)

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Hello ! I have a question :D how many weeks should an applicant wait for the stage 2 AOR?

Thank you :)

Goodluck & Godbless!

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Hi,

I'm new here. Thought it would be a good idea to join and share my immigration experience.

We first applied in September (around the 9th) before going on vacation.

Application was sent back because I used the wrong form of payment (must say the web site can be quite confusing). We were applying (although I am here in CA on a yearlong work visa) outside of CA to the NYC office.

So, we resent our application to the CPC in Mississauga, ON (which was stamped by the immigration office) with proper payment - online receipt form and two money orders (1 for sponsorship and 1 for permanent residence fee) on 9 October. I tracked it so found out application was received 11 October.

My partner received an e-mail on 16 November with a UCI number, and instructions to send in a newly completed:

- sponsorship questionnaire
- sponsor spouse/partner questionnaire

and a

- medical report form

LOL! Turns out we filled out the wrong version of those 2 forms.

So, we worked on it and sent off the (1) sponsorship questionnaire and (2) sponsor spouse/partner questionnaire with a note explaining the medical exam report would follow - that I have a date set for 27 December to take the exam - about 2 weeks ago, maybe less (lost the tracking receipt so I don't have the exact dates).

Today, 7 December, my partner received an e-mail stating our application has been sent to the LA visa office. Which is (1) funny and (2) confusing as the officer told us we had until 15 January to get all forms to him/her.

So, this letter states that my partner's sponsorship app. was approved and as I mentioned that the applications have now been forwarded to LA (I live in NYC, so I'm confused as to why it was sent there, but hey, we're not complaining). We're still going to call the CIC to double check.

All in all this has been a quick process for us! We're surprised - pleasantly - and grateful that whomever it is that is looking over our application has not failed us.

Glad to be on this forum! Please add me to the spreadsheet if it'll help others. Let me summarise our process so far:

(revised) Application sent: 9 oct
Application received: 10 oct
e-mail with UCI number received: 16 nov
(revised) Sponsor Forms sent: 21 nov
e-mail with sponsor approval received: 7 dec
Medical exam pending: 27 dec
Medical exam results sent: TBA

I think our dates would have been much faster had we done things properly, but at least it's in their hands now. All I have left to send in is my medical.

Cheers!
Nikki

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
Hi all.

Glad i found this thread. I added my info the the spreadsheet but it is below the stats row. Hope i didn't mess anything up.

Wishing all of us a speedy and successful process.

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Mrs. Accra, I went ahead and added yours in the proper line, as well as entered my information.

if someone could clarify a few things. I am not sure in the spread what the following abbreviations mean:

AOR (stage 1 or 2) and
COPR

Kayvanblue

Star Member
Nov 19, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney, Canada
App. Filed.......
12-11-2017
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A-
slunikkimc3 said:
Mrs. Accra, I went ahead and added yours in the proper line, as well as entered my information.

if someone could clarify a few things. I am not sure in the spread what the following abbreviations mean:

AOR (stage 1 or 2) and
COPR
AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) will be given to you through mail/ email..currently 110 days (in average) after they have received your application by post.. Normally 2 month after that if everything is in order and they dont ask for more documents/interview you receive the first stage approval(AiP)

leon07

Dec 9, 2012
Hi guys im new here in this forum i just wanna share my reality right now cause i have a lot of unanswered questions about the sponsorship process.

basically i first submitted my application back in september 2nd week i believe but it came back after 2 weeks because i used the wrong froms dated 2011 and they wanted 2012 forms so i resend my package with the new forms since one the letter with the returned forms only stated that the forms is the only wrong thing on the application.

anyway i resent my package on oct 18, 2012 thru xpresspost and checked tracking that they recieved my package on oct 19, 2012.
its now dec 09, 2012 but i havent recieved anything yet no e-mail, no mail and everytime i check the website using my reciept number it doesnt show me anything than an error message saying that they may not have started processing my application.

but when i checked the processing times its already on oct 31, recieved forms. i dont know what i should expect now because ive been reading on this site and everyone who passed their forms after me apparently has already heard back from cic.

can anyone help me or guide me what should i do to double check my application status? or what should i expect by now since its been 30++ days of waiting and its nerve rocking! any help or guide will be greatly appreciated! thanks!

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Kayvanblue said:
AOR (acknowledgement of receipt) will be given to you through mail/ email..currently 110 days (in average) after they have received your application by post.. Normally 2 month after that if everything is in order and they dont ask for more documents/interview you receive the first stage approval(AiP)
Thanks for the clarification!