+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
leon07 said:
Hi guys im new here in this forum i just wanna share my reality right now cause i have a lot of unanswered questions about the sponsorship process.

basically i first submitted my application back in september 2nd week i believe but it came back after 2 weeks because i used the wrong froms dated 2011 and they wanted 2012 forms so i resend my package with the new forms since one the letter with the returned forms only stated that the forms is the only wrong thing on the application.

anyway i resent my package on oct 18, 2012 thru xpresspost and checked tracking that they recieved my package on oct 19, 2012.
its now dec 09, 2012 but i havent recieved anything yet no e-mail, no mail and everytime i check the website using my reciept number it doesnt show me anything than an error message saying that they may not have started processing my application.

but when i checked the processing times its already on oct 31, recieved forms. i dont know what i should expect now because ive been reading on this site and everyone who passed their forms after me apparently has already heard back from cic.

can anyone help me or guide me what should i do to double check my application status? or what should i expect by now since its been 30++ days of waiting and its nerve rocking! any help or guide will be greatly appreciated! thanks!
HI Leon,

I know this might sound redundant, but I wouldn't worry. Waiting is the name of this game and I say no news is good news, meaning, they would have already contacted you if there were any additional problems. Chances are, from my experience, they are reviewing your files. It's possible your clock was "reset" because of the error and correction thereof...explaining why some of us have proceeded ahead of you, so, I would say, sit tight. It's in their hands - as you've indicated by the tracking record. I hope that helps!

keep us posted.
cheers!

leon07

Dec 9, 2012
slunikkimc3 said:
HI Leon,

I know this might sound redundant, but I wouldn't worry. Waiting is the name of this game and I say no news is good news, meaning, they would have already contacted you if there were any additional problems. Chances are, from my experience, they are reviewing your files. It's possible your clock was "reset" because of the error and correction thereof...explaining why some of us have proceeded ahead of you, so, I would say, sit tight. It's in their hands - as you've indicated by the tracking record. I hope that helps!

keep us posted.
cheers!
Hi thanks for the reply slunikk i just called the call centre and they gave me my UIC number and i was apprved as a sponsor on nov 15, wow all that time worrying what happening it feels like a weight off my chest.

as a follow up question how will I know about the status for stage 2? thanks in advance guys! ^_^ goodluck to everyone!

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
leon07 said:
Hi thanks for the reply slunikk i just called the call centre and they gave me my UIC number and i was apprved as a sponsor on nov 15, wow all that time worrying what happening it feels like a weight off my chest.

as a follow up question how will I know about the status for stage 2? thanks in advance guys! ^_^ goodluck to everyone!
good for you! I was going to suggest calling but they usually expect you to have a UCI number when you call. Glad it was cleared up.

They normally respond to you either via post or e-mail - it all depends on the preferred method of contact box you ticked when you filled out your forms. All correspondence for me comes via e-mail, as that was the preferred method of contact I relayed to them on my app. hope that helps. If anything, now that you have your UCI number you can always call the Call Centre and I'm sure they will answer any questions you have.

BritishInKorea

Oct 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
10-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
29-12-2012
LANDED..........
July 2013
leon07 said:

Firstly, congrats on the first stage approval. Contact for the next stage really depends on your VO. I put down a preference for email contact, however as my VO is in Korea, the stage 1 approval was sent in writing and took almost four weeks to arrive. If you are outside of Canada, it is possible that you will receive a letter soon.

As for srage 2, I received an email from the Seoul office last week, but a look at spreadsheets from previous months show that many VOs do not send any AOR.

A good idea may be to see if there is a thread specific to your Visa Office and the applicants using it may be able to give you far more details. I wouldn't think contacting the call centre will be of much use now, however. As your sponsor has been approved, the case rests with your visa office and now is the waiting game.

Unless of course you are applying inland...in which case all of this is pointless :)

Sirrak

Dec 11, 2012
Hi Guys, I am new on this Trend.

My Wife and I got married in April of this year in Japan and decided to come live in Canada. After all the paper work, we were finally able to apply for sponsorship of spouse within Canada (as I am a Canadian Citizen by birth). We applied on October 1st, however we still haven't any confirmation letters from Vegreville, Alberta where we sent the application.

Both my Wife and I are getting worried as we haven't received any emails or letters from CIC. Any suggestions on what the wait times are like? I noticed that some people received their letter or approvals sometime in November and it's already mid December. If we receive the Stage one letter with positive results, it's considered an early Christmas gift.

Thanks again guys

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Sirrak said:
Hi Guys, I am new on this Trend.

My Wife and I got married in April of this year in Japan and decided to come live in Canada. After all the paper work, we were finally able to apply for sponsorship of spouse within Canada (as I am a Canadian Citizen by birth). We applied on October 1st, however we still haven't any confirmation letters from Vegreville, Alberta where we sent the application.

Both my Wife and I are getting worried as we haven't received any emails or letters from CIC. Any suggestions on what the wait times are like? I noticed that some people received their letter or approvals sometime in November and it's already mid December. If we receive the Stage one letter with positive results, it's considered an early Christmas gift.

Thanks again guys
If you're applying inland, you're not going to hear anything for around five or six months after you sent the application. The people getting their approvals for stage one are all of the people applying outland, where stage 1 has been taking about a month. You don't have anything to worry about, but you're almost certainly not going to get your stage 1 before Christmas!

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
No Updates from CIC

She mailed the papers thro NORMAL postal delivery from Toronto to CPC-M on OCT 17.

As of today there are no updates or emails about the application.

Whenever she calls the call center -- they are just mentioning 'wait' ! We even don't know " does our application is in the system /" ? T

This really worries me... What can I do? Any suggestions other than " wait" ??

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.
11/07/2012
Med's Done....
8/15/2012
Passport Req..
03/14/2013
LANDED..........
04/19/2013
shanmba1174 said:
No Updates from CIC

She mailed the papers thro NORMAL postal delivery from Toronto to CPC-M on OCT 17.

As of today there are no updates or emails about the application.

Whenever she calls the call center -- they are just mentioning 'wait' ! We even don't know " does our application is in the system /" ? T

This really worries me... What can I do? Any suggestions other than " wait" ??
:-\ I am a September applicant but I was also getting desperate but you just need to wait. Give it another week. You're going to be fine.

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have received my sponsorship approval today by email! ;D

Is anyone else sponsoring a spouse and dependent child? The reason I ask is that the email and ECAS only mention my husband and not our daughter. Is that what normally happens?

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Actually I've just noticed it says on the email my husband's name 'and family (if applicable)', so I assume that covers our daughter.

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
lunas said:
:-\ I am a September applicant but I was also getting desperate but you just need to wait. Give it another week. You're going to be fine.
Got the AOR email last night and Stage 1 Approval email today morning . Finally a big relief .

jamaicalove

Dec 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 12, 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012, Re-done Nov 2013
Passport Req..
26-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-06-214
Newbie here. I've been approved for stage one, rec'd the letter and all that. Checking my online status it states "application received", and when I click on that link and look at the details is states:

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received."

The medical had been done in July sometime. Anyone else have this updated status? From what I can tell on their website it supposed to mean a decision has been made, no? But it has been like this since November 14th.

SD1234

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
leon07 said:

That's a good news I was reading this thread nd going to suggest u csll center but I read ur next post
congrates
I have nt receive my uci no either
if u kindly share what info we should provide them to take a uci no
thanks best of luck

SD1234

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jamaicalove said:
Newbie here. I've been approved for stage one, rec'd the letter and all that. Checking my online status it states "application received", and when I click on that link and look at the details is states:

"We received your application for permanent residence on October 12, 2012.

Medical results have been received."

The medical had been done in July sometime. Anyone else have this updated status? From what I can tell on their website it supposed to mean a decision has been made, no? But it has been like this since November 14th.
Congrates

SD1234

Nov 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MandyRobertson said:
I have received my sponsorship approval today by email! ;D

Is anyone else sponsoring a spouse and dependent child? The reason I ask is that the email and ECAS only mention my husband and not our daughter. Is that what normally happens?
Congrates .....when did u apply?