+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
longdistanceloves said:
If you are expecting it my email, make sure to check your junk folder. Mine wwent straight to junk mail yesterday and I didn't notice it until this morning! And if it is being mailed, I'm sure that takes longer. It will come, I am sure of it!
So what is the sender address on the e-mail notice from CIC? We should be getting ours momentarily and want to be sure we don't miss it! :eek:
thanks!

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
lawgrrl said:
So what is the sender address on the e-mail notice from CIC? We should be getting ours momentarily and want to be sure we don't miss it! :eek:
thanks!
AOR email comes from this address: client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca
Approval email comes from this address: cpcm-extcom@cic.gc.ca

Dim

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 04th 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 13th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 22nd 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Hello all
could anyone add me please to the spreadsheet
I sent my application to Mississauga on September 27
received On October 4th
Visa Office : Cairo
Med. done on August 20
I am the principal applicant I am Egyptian
And the sponsor is Canadian
We applied as conjugal partners
I haven't heard anything until now, hopefully soon
Thank you so much

longdistanceloves

Oct 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 18, 2012
AOR Received.
January 24, 2013
Passport Req..
January 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 21, 2014
LANDED..........
February 23, 2014
R151NG5UN said:
I am not positive on this but had you added the sponsor as a representative then you are correct you would receive all communications with CIC directly. If you have the time and your Husband is happy for you to do so, it is not a bad idea, in fact I would go so far as to say it is a very good idea. If your case drags on or if at any time you become inquisitive about your file and want to order your case notes then I believe you will be able to do it without having to mess about with consent forms from your husband. I know it is a small detail but it can work out easier. 1 slight downside I assume (once again, this is a guess) that when they finally issue COPR then it will be mailed to yourself and you will have to forward on to your husband if you applied outland, obviously if you applied inland it makes no difference.

For what it's worth had I known then what I know now, I would have added my wife as the representative, at the time it never made much sense to me so just put N/A on the forms. Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh? :D

Good luck
Thanks for the input. I am definiitely going to get hubby to sign the papers so I caan be his representaative. I wish I had read it more carefully so I would have done it from the start. Oh well.. Like you say hinndsight right? :) thanks for the reply! And I hope you get through very soon!

bacontoaster

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
File Transfer...
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
06-08-2012
Passport Req..
26-03-2013
Quiet weekend. Let's hope they're not slowing down.

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Still waiting for my approval letter though already confirmed that i was approved as sponsor... And excited for stage 2 aor if ever they'll send one... Or just PPR in 45days to 3months? Haha aw. GODBLESS and GOODLUCK...

Dim

Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct. 04th 2012
File Transfer...
Dec. 13th 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 22nd 2012
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
I am waiting for my approval letter as my application has been received on October 4th
but my sponsor didn't write his Email address in the form, he wrote only his ordinary address, but I did, I wrote both on my forms
I just want ask if they normally send the approval letter by email to both of the sponsor and the principal applicant , or only to the sponsor.
if they normally send only to the sponsor, so should we expect ordinary mail to the sponsor in Canada?
Thank you.

netsrak

Sep 10, 2012
Pampanga
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 03 2012
Med's Done....
April 10 2012
Dim said:
I am waiting for my approval letter as my application has been received on October 4th
but my sponsor didn't write his Email address in the form, he wrote only his ordinary address, but I did, I wrote both on my forms
I just want ask if they normally send the approval letter by email to both of the sponsor and the principal applicant , or only to the sponsor.
if they normally send only to the sponsor, so should we expect ordinary mail to the sponsor in Canada?
Thank you.
yes we got ours from the letter they sent us by mailbox

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
netsrak said:
yes we got ours from the letter they sent us by mailbox
How many days dis u wait for you to receive the letter of approval by mail? Mine was sent thru mail also

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Dim said:
Thank you.
the sponsorship approval is sent only to the sponsor, and can be by email or by letter, it depends on the officer I suppose.
Sweden

Zizka

Oct 29, 2012
We received out AOR and approval last week, yet I still cannot sign in online to check my status... Is anyone else having this issue? How accurate is the Ecas with regard to application processing?

xbwa

Oct 14, 2012
Zizka said:
We received out AOR and approval last week, yet I still cannot sign in online to check my status... Is anyone else having this issue? How accurate is the Ecas with regard to application processing?
I could check my status online a few days after getting the approval email (Oct 30th), but stage 1 status was just application received. And I checked my account again today, the status changed to DM for Stage 1, and medical received for stage 2. I suspect that account status online maybe depends on where visa office the application is going to? I wonder since I am applying to CPP-Ottawa, my application has ben transfered to there, maybe that is the reason I can view my account online sooner.

QuebecOkie

Champion Member
Sep 23, 2012
Very French Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 30-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 30-08-2013
LANDED..........
10-10-2013
I suppose I'm an October applicant. We misread the application process for applying inland from Quebec (I'm American, husband is Canadian military) and sent in only his sponsorship application. We got a call from the Vegreville office to tell us to send her my PR application, and she'd hold the sponsorship application for us. Sent in the rest of my stuff October 17. I stupidly sent by regular post, so no idea if it has arrived yet. Every time I come in here and read, everyone sounds like they know so much more than we do, and the whole thing is very stressful, especially since I'm applying inland and don't feel secure about leaving Canada to visit family or friends while my application is ongoing.

I haven't had a medical exam. Is this going to cause us problems? I don't really want to get one until my husband gets home (to add to our fun, we moved to northern Quebec from Oklahoma, and then three weeks later he had to go 600km away, as he's on course for 4 months in Ontario). I'm learning French, but slowly, and I don't want to have to go to the doctor without my husband.

*le sigh*

Gonna go watch a movie or something, as this is stressing me out.

wave230

Jun 13, 2011
Hello, just would like to share my timeline as well. CIC sent me an email last Nov. 3 that they received my application at Mississauga last Oct 17. They sent me another email today that it is approved and they forwarded it to Manila. :D :D

markym

Jul 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2012
AOR Received.
10-26-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
wave230 said:
Hello, just would like to share my timeline as well. CIC sent me an email last Nov. 3 that they received my application at Mississauga last Oct 17. They sent me another email today that it is approved and they forwarded it to Manila. :D :D

Cool. Way more to go!!! :) have you check your ecas already?