+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
My hubby and I were waiting out the process apart too. I felt exactly the same way as you londongurl and my hubby was also the calm one out of us two.
Keep an eye on the spreadsheet of other applicants here and you'll get an idea of where abouts they are with processing. They arent done in order as each case is different, but it gave me some peace of mind knowing that others who applied around the same time were in the same situation.
Looks like November sponsor approvals are getting processed and even some December ones, so hang in there. If your case is simple and straight forward, it's quite normal not to get any updates on ECAS until decision made.

It'll all be worth the wait!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Efoglady said:
My hubby and I were waiting out the process apart too. I felt exactly the same way as you londongurl and my hubby was also the calm one out of us two.
Keep an eye on the spreadsheet of other applicants here and you'll get an idea of where abouts they are with processing. They arent done in order as each case is different, but it gave me some peace of mind knowing that others who applied around the same time were in the same situation.
Looks like November sponsor approvals are getting processed and even some December ones, so hang in there. If your case is simple and straight forward, it's quite normal not to get any updates on ECAS until decision made.

It'll all be worth the wait!

thanks for the encouragement Efoglady,honestly sometime I fell like leaving everything and go to my hubby :)

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
My husband's COPR arrived on Friday, so we're going to cross the border sometime this week and be basically done with the whole process! Woo hoo!

mic_midd86

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I've checked ecas this morning and I have decision made!!!!
Its been 6 months 1 week and 6 days since I applied. I can't explain how happy I feel. I have waited out the past 3 months without my husband, its been very hard but thanks to Skype its been a little easier! I fly to Vancouver next Wednesday ( booked my flight almost 2 months ago) so perfect timing to land as PR!
This site has been a great support to me, and its nice to know that we're not alone.
Good luck to everyone waiting... It will be sooooo worth it! :) ;D

rosskilgour

Sep 20, 2012
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
16-11-2012
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Med's Done....
21-09-2012
Got 'decision made' on stage 2 this morning! Woohoo! Wonder how long it takes from that to the COPR arriving in the post?

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
hello everyone!

So, I decided to just check the ECAS to see what's going on. and lo and behold there's this:

We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2012.
We started processing your application on March 14, 2013.
Medical results have been received.
A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

So, I guess it's almost safe to assume, I should be getting my COPR soon (they got the PP scan [as requested] 16 March)?

Seriously, I wish they would say, instead of "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.", "We are GLAD to say your application for PR has been approved! Details to come!"

...you know? or something along those lines! LOL. Otherwise until I hear from them I'm still holding my breath--so to speak.

And congrats to the Posters whose files are moving along! It's a good feeling to have!

Nikki

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
^^ Yeah, if they asked you for your passport, you're approved.

Also my husband landed today, officially a PR!

jiggyzealous

Jan 22, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 26, 2012
AOR Received.
December 21, 2012
Med's Done....
August 17, 2012
Interview........
God waived it for us
LANDED..........
Praying for this year
Hey everyone could you please help me respond to this post that an anonymous member asked me to post. Please spare some time to answer

"I was sponsored to canada by my ex-husband who was my cousin. Due to some family disputes, we never lived together in canada. He never showed any interest in me. I got divorce after a year and married to another person whom I met in Canada. My ex-husband complained against me in immigration. When I was called in for immigration hearing, I got confused and I said I lived with my ex-husband which was not true. they called me for hearing one after another. I told them the truth that family did not accept me and I never lived with him. Therefore, they blamed me for marriage of convience and misreprestation. before, I did not know that my husband can do inland sponsorship for me. now, I did not leave on the date they asked me to leave canada. I am not sure if my exclusion order will become deportation order. E cas shows my H&C and sporshorship is in process. I am not sure if they will process my application. Will they approve my application? Now, I am not only out of status but illegal."

Zizka

Oct 29, 2012
Helllo, long time no post for me, but i have been trying to keep up with what has been going on somewhat.. The good news is my husband finally got a PPR from Vienna yesterday. We had previously recieved our AOR from Vienna on Nov. 14th, and now hopefully this process is coming to an end.

I do have a couple of questions for those, or all of you who probably know better than me. First off, I am aware that he can go directly to the embassy in Vienna yet on our PPR it only says:

"You can either mail your passport to us or to drop it off in a sealed envelope at the IOM office in Sarajevo at
Branilaca Sarajeva 5
71000 Sarajevo
Tel.: 033 567 200
which will forward it to Vienna for a small fee. IOM will contact you when your passport is ready to be picked up."

Does this mean we can not go in person anymore?!

Also, as for his arrival in Canada, can anyone inform me of what to expect at the airport.. I know he has to meet with an immigration office but is there anything we should/could prepare for? Thankkks so much!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
jiggyzealous said:
Hey everyone could you please help me respond to this post that an anonymous member asked me to post. Please spare some time to answer

"I was sponsored to canada by my ex-husband who was my cousin. Due to some family disputes, we never lived together in canada. He never showed any interest in me. I got divorce after a year and married to another person whom I met in Canada. My ex-husband complained against me in immigration. When I was called in for immigration hearing, I got confused and I said I lived with my ex-husband which was not true. they called me for hearing one after another. I told them the truth that family did not accept me and I never lived with him. Therefore, they blamed me for marriage of convience and misreprestation. before, I did not know that my husband can do inland sponsorship for me. now, I did not leave on the date they asked me to leave canada. I am not sure if my exclusion order will become deportation order. E cas shows my H&C and sporshorship is in process. I am not sure if they will process my application. Will they approve my application? Now, I am not only out of status but illegal."
That member needs to speak to an experienced immigration lawyer YESTERDAY.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Zizka said:
Helllo, long time no post for me, but i have been trying to keep up with what has been going on somewhat.. The good news is my husband finally got a PPR from Vienna yesterday. We had previously recieved our AOR from Vienna on Nov. 14th, and now hopefully this process is coming to an end.

I do have a couple of questions for those, or all of you who probably know better than me. First off, I am aware that he can go directly to the embassy in Vienna yet on our PPR it only says:

"You can either mail your passport to us or to drop it off in a sealed envelope at the IOM office in Sarajevo at
Branilaca Sarajeva 5
71000 Sarajevo
Tel.: 033 567 200
which will forward it to Vienna for a small fee. IOM will contact you when your passport is ready to be picked up."

Does this mean we can not go in person anymore?!

Also, as for his arrival in Canada, can anyone inform me of what to expect at the airport.. I know he has to meet with an immigration office but is there anything we should/could prepare for? Thankkks so much!
I don't know about Vienna, so I hope somebody else can answer. But for landing - it's really easy. When your husband gets to immigration, he says he wants to land as a PR, and most likely he will be directed to another office. An officer will review his passport + COPR, ask him a few questions (are you still married, and what is your address in Canada), and if he is importing any goods, either now, or later on, he needs to fill out a B4 and get it stamped at the same time as the landing. then it's done! officially a PR. Very easy!

To take with him: passport + COPR + copy of marriage certificate (not many people get asked for it, but you never know) + B4 forms if he is importing things. Also - his address in Canada, so he can get the card sent to that address. If you don't have a fixed address yet, or might be moving in the next 2 months, you can give a friend's address, it doesn't matter.

Good luck!
Sweden

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
rosskilgour said:
Got 'decision made' on stage 2 this morning! Woohoo! Wonder how long it takes from that to the COPR arriving in the post?
Congrats! it takes between 3 to 5 days if you're somewhere in the UK, a little more to anywhere else in Europe, and from 1 to 2 weeks to Canada.
Sweden

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Good news everyone and many thanks to all!

I haven't seen the actual document but I got an excited e-mail from my partner; subject: "It Came!!"

LOL. So, I guess that means we got the COPR letter today. My partner says it states I have anytime between now and February 14th, 2014 to arrive in Canada.

I'll update my status on the spreadsheet. I'll keep you all informed, once it happens, of what my "landing" process is like. Hopefully it won't be too complicated.

I will continue to visit the forum of course, it will be nice to see everyone on the spreadsheet cleared.

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
slunikkimc3 said:
Good news everyone and many thanks to all!

I haven't seen the actual document but I got an excited e-mail from my partner; subject: "It Came!!"

LOL. So, I guess that means we got the COPR letter today. My partner says it states I have anytime between now and February 14th, 2014 to arrive in Canada.

I'll update my status on the spreadsheet. I'll keep you all informed, once it happens, of what my "landing" process is like. Hopefully it won't be too complicated.

I will continue to visit the forum of course, it will be nice to see everyone on the spreadsheet cleared.
Hi all, does anyone know what happened with the October 2012 spreadsheet? All the information has disappeared, except for those presenting at the Manilla Office?? I went in to update my time line and it's gone...

scos

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2012-08-01
AOR Received.
2012-10-16
Med's Request
2013-05-02
Med's Done....
2013-05-07
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
2013-05-02, In-Process: 2013-06-04, Decision Made: 2013-07-25
VISA ISSUED...
2013-07-30
LANDED..........
2013-08-18
Whoever manages it should be able to roll it back.