+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

chipits

Sep 24, 2012
Mrs. said:
This is great. i'm very happy for you, you must feel relieved! Congratulations :)
Thanks, it's definitely a relief! We didn't want to have to fly back to Australia, and I know interviews are normally waived there, but there's an age difference between us so we weren't certain.

nushabeh

Oct 16, 2012
Hi all Just received my CPR paper in the mail..but it says they will contact me prior to landing or something along those lines...however Ive planned to drive up and visit the inlaws and the hubby with my mom next week...I dont intend on landing at that point or presenting my cpr since Ill just be there for a two day visit then driving back to the states...do you think I will run into any issues? (technically I wont be able to move to Canada for another 2 months...contracted to work in DC till then)

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
londongurl said:
anyone in here have london email inquiries email please send it to me ,thanks peep
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
shanmba1174 said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/london.asp
thanks wondering if i need to send inquiry regarding update cause i was sent letter saying my file will be transfered to london in january since then no communication and on ecas nothing showing up ,any idea guys and garls ,thanks again

twilight2286

Apr 4, 2013
HI Everyone!
I guess I'm kinda late joining this thread...here's my story...
I'm US, my husband is Canadian, we met online back in 2008, made our relationship offical in 2010, got married on 12-1-11 here in my home state of PA. Jan of 2012, we hired a immigration lawyer in Manitoba. April 2012 me and my son had our meds done, October of 2012 our complete paper work was submited along with our application fees. They approved my husband to sponsor me and my son. About 2 weeks ago, they requested our Right of Landing Fee and our original marriage certificate, we sent them the certified one we got after the file was recorded. I just wondered how much longer do you think I have, our laywer thinks about a month. I'm super stressed about moving everything 1500 miles! Was wondering how quickly and how many of you all made it so far. How was the landing process when you arrived. Thank you!

shanmba1174

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
AOR Received.
04-12-2012
File Transfer...
13-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-06-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
londongurl said:
thanks wondering if i need to send inquiry regarding update cause i was sent letter saying my file will be transfered to london in january since then no communication and on ecas nothing showing up ,any idea guys and garls ,thanks again
go to this thread : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.0.html

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
londongurl said:
Hi, I had the sponsorship approval letter on 13th Dec which said our file had been transferred to London but like you, nothing has changed since then on ECAS other than decision made for sponsorship. I'm not sure what to expect though between now and COPR which we're not expecting to get for a few months yet. I'd be interested to hear what you find out. :)

benebirissa

Apr 8, 2013
Hi All,
after the PPR is sent, how long does it take for them to send your PP back.
Its been 3 wks and still no mail.
Thank you

Time line:
Application sent: oct 1/2012
Application received:
Medicals received:
PPR: 3/12/2013
PP sent: 3/15/2013
visa issued: waiting :(

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bit of an update from us. My husband received an email from London yesterday asking for some additional information about his personal history, so at least they are working on our application now! The email said to allow four months for them to look at the additional information but I'm hoping it will be quicker than that. A similar thing happened to my parents and it was actually pretty quick from that point.
Fingers crossed everything is complete by mid June when we plan to go to Canada! :)

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECAS now says that our application is in process and that our medical results have been received. Does anyone know roughly how long it normally takes from this point?

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
If anyone is interested, my timeline (London VO) is:

Application received Oct 5, 2012
Sponsor approval Oct 31, 2012
Decision made April 15, 2013
COPR received April 16, 2013 (the issue date says April 12, so ECAS has a slight delay).

During the whole process, my sponsor received the AOR and sponsor approval and thats it.

Regarding being in process after submitting additional documents, it varies between cases but I wouldn't expect it to take the 4 months they mention. There's a spreadsheet you can have view if you go to the London thread in this forum (i cant post links yet as i'm under 10 posts i guess), to get a rough idea. One member here found out that their file was abandoned for months until they emailed them so get in touch with London after maybe a month just to check things are okay.

London seem to be going at a faster pace lately so hopefully it won't be too long for you!

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations on receiving your COPR! :D

It sounds like we're probably a month or so behind you. Fingers crossed we don't have much longer to wait!

Efoglady

Mar 27, 2013
Thank you! It's such a relief now it's over! Hopefully you're not far behind, fingers crossed! There's already one person with sponsor approval in december who has DM so it's looking very hopeful!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Efoglady said:
If anyone is interested, my timeline (London VO) is:

Application received Oct 5, 2012
Sponsor approval Oct 31, 2012
Decision made April 15, 2013
COPR received April 16, 2013 (the issue date says April 12, so ECAS has a slight delay).

During the whole process, my sponsor received the AOR and sponsor approval and thats it.

Regarding being in process after submitting additional documents, it varies between cases but I wouldn't expect it to take the 4 months they mention. There's a spreadsheet you can have view if you go to the London thread in this forum (i cant post links yet as i'm under 10 posts i guess), to get a rough idea. One member here found out that their file was abandoned for months until they emailed them so get in touch with London after maybe a month just to check things are okay.

London seem to be going at a faster pace lately so hopefully it won't be too long for you!

congrats im not far too approved in december just like mandy,waiting for my turn too cant wait to be with my hubby anymore:( seems like an eternity ,everyday i feel like emailing london to know about the status but hubby asking me to wait for the duration it says on th e website i have no more patience this waiting time seems unlasting ,wish london will be fast to give decision so we may know what to do as if my life is on hold :(