+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2012 Applicants! Here's our thread!

Mrs.

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 18 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 8 2012
File Transfer...
Nov 9 2012
Med's Done....
July 19 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 28 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 5 2013
LANDED..........
June 19 2013
Hey everyone,

What happened to the October 2012 spreadsheet? It only has people sponsoring out of Manila!
I want to update my info.

Thanks

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
Don't worry guys I have restored the doc to the last proper version.
If your info is not updated please go ahead and update it again.

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH GOOGLE DOCS LEAVE YOUR INFO HERE AND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET. Thanks

Also a very good news from my side. My wife received the PPR email this morning! A day after we submit her passport she will get the visa! We are done :)

slunikkimc3

Dec 7, 2012
Toronto88 said:

NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH GOOGLE DOCS LEAVE YOUR INFO HERE AND SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WILL ADD YOU TO THE SPREADSHEET. Thanks

Also a very good news from my side. My wife received the PPR email this morning! A day after we submit her passport she will get the visa! We are done :)
Thanks Toronto for fixing the spreadsheet, noticed it last night when I wanted to update because like you, I have good news! My partner received my COPR yesterday! So, NL, here I come -- again.

Glad to see our thread (applicants) is moving along in the process!

I'll be in NYC for the rest of the summer...my last hoohra, so to speak. I'll let you all know how my "landing" experience goes, especially since I already have one foot on the other side...

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news for us! My husband and daughter's COPR arrived in the post today!

We're very happy and can't wait to get to Canada now. :)

Thanks to everyone for all your support and advice. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. :)

happyheart

May 23, 2013
Toronto88 said:

Hi everyone! Im new here!

Hi Toronto kindly add me in the spreadsheet for October 2012
Manila Philippines
My details as follows
Oct 18 medical sent ti CIC
Oct 12 sent cic app mi
Oct 15 received documents
Date: November 22, 2012 UCI number
May 21 , 2013 - email request for passport

Thank you so much!

londongurl

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
hi guys anyone encountered this situation before can shed some light:
The situation is as follows Im sponsoring my husband ,british citizen he has 2 childen from his ex wife with whom no relation has been maintained for years and has not seen the children the children for years though he pay for the child care event he court of uk fined the wife for not allowing the children to have contact with my husband ,while my application is in process we had made it clear in all forms that he has 2 children with whom no contact has been maintained and its impossible to have the children medical though they are not accompanying and even in the future we will never sponsor them as but cic sent me an email requesting the medical otherwise our application will be refused :the email quote is below
Please note that unless a UK Court Order has been issued giving the mother of y and x sole parental responsibility, the children are considered to be your dependents for Canadian immigration purposes. This means that the children will have to meet statutory requirements as non-accompanying dependents. This will entail them having to meet routine medical requirements. We will NOT be issuing yand x with Canadian permanent residence visas, the purpose of them meeting statutory requirements is so that you do not loose the right to sponsor them for Canadian permanent residence in the future. Please note unless there is a court order giving their mother sole parental responsibility, we will not be able to continue processing your application unless the children each undergo a medical examination. For further information on the definition of a dependent child, please consult: www.cic.gc.ca

i would be grateful if you peeps have any idea or can help me and my hubby as we are providing all court and solicitors mail regarding the attempts made from my hubby to see the children and how his exwife prevented the children in meeting the father .but I wonder if cic will refuse to issue my hubby pr ,any one can shed some ideas ,im waiting for your answer peeps have 2 month to send the medicals im such in a lost ......

Toronto88

Sep 1, 2012
Toronto
happyheart said:
Hi everyone! Im new here!

Hi Toronto kindly add me in the spreadsheet for October 2012
Manila Philippines
My details as follows
Oct 18 medical sent ti CIC
Oct 12 sent cic app mi
Oct 15 received documents
Date: November 22, 2012 UCI number
May 21 , 2013 - email request for passport

Thank you so much!
Welcome. sorry for the delay I don't check this forum as often anymore... your info is added.

Good luck

steerpike

Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
LANDED..........
03-04-2014
londongurl said:
unless a UK Court Order has been issued giving the mother of y and x sole parental responsibility
Since its not possible to get the medicals, he should look at giving custody to the children to her. If he is planning to immigrate and never see the children again then that is probably best to give up all custody anyway.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
I've updated the spreadsheet to show my landing on 22 May, but don't kmow how to change the color to red. Thanks for your help, and best wishes to all who are still waiting--your turn will come! ;)

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
londongurl said:
hi guys anyone encountered this situation before can shed some light:
The situation is as follows Im sponsoring my husband ,british citizen he has 2 childen from his ex wife with whom no relation has been maintained for years and has not seen the children the children for years though he pay for the child care event he court of uk fined the wife for not allowing the children to have contact with my husband ,while my application is in process we had made it clear in all forms that he has 2 children with whom no contact has been maintained and its impossible to have the children medical though they are not accompanying and even in the future we will never sponsor them as but cic sent me an email requesting the medical otherwise our application will be refused :the email quote is below
Please note that unless a UK Court Order has been issued giving the mother of y and x sole parental responsibility, the children are considered to be your dependents for Canadian immigration purposes. This means that the children will have to meet statutory requirements as non-accompanying dependents. This will entail them having to meet routine medical requirements. We will NOT be issuing yand x with Canadian permanent residence visas, the purpose of them meeting statutory requirements is so that you do not loose the right to sponsor them for Canadian permanent residence in the future. Please note unless there is a court order giving their mother sole parental responsibility, we will not be able to continue processing your application unless the children each undergo a medical examination. For further information on the definition of a dependent child, please consult: www.cic.gc.ca

i would be grateful if you peeps have any idea or can help me and my hubby as we are providing all court and solicitors mail regarding the attempts made from my hubby to see the children and how his exwife prevented the children in meeting the father .but I wonder if cic will refuse to issue my hubby pr ,any one can shed some ideas ,im waiting for your answer peeps have 2 month to send the medicals im such in a lost ......
I think , don't quote me on this, THINK if he were to send the requested information to her via something that would require a signature and such and she refused to have medicals done for the children, they will accept the attempt. I am quite sure there is a provision SOMEWHERE on the paperwork or directions or something. I have SEEN it before that states PR will not be denied if medical is UNABLE to be obtained for the child after good faith attempts. At this point, both of you just stating that she won't let you do it without even trying is not considered good faith.

I might be absolutely wrong on that information so if a senior member has better advice???