+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 11th 2017 - Citizenship Applicants under 3/5 rule

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Wrote my test at the Mississauga Ircc office today... 20/20

Could someone update the sheet please?
Congrats !
Please can you tell me which citizenship online app you read beside dicover canada ?
and also if they ask about how many elctoral districit ? On the choise if there A ,308
B , 338
Which one we pick because on the dicover canada saying 308 . And on the online apps saying 338 ?
Thank you

Afarp

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
1 ,How many electoral distiricts in canada on discover canada showing 308 but on online apps showing 338 ?
Which one is up to date ?
2 , who is the governel general
David or Julie payette ?
Thank you

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
1 ,How many electoral distiricts in canada on discover canada showing 308 but on online apps showing 338 ?
Which one is up to date ?
2 , who is the governel general
David or Juliya ?
Thank you
338 but book is from 2012 so it says 308 and if it comes on exam still is 308 according to book.
Juliya is governor general.

Reactions: Afarp

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Congrats !
Please can you tell me which citizenship online app you read beside dicover canada ?
and also if they ask about how many elctoral districit ? On the choise if there A ,308
B , 338
Which one we pick because on the dicover canada saying 308 . And on the online apps saying 338 ?
Thank you
Read discover Canada properly and use below websites.

http://citizenshipcounts.ca/quiz
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/
https://www.apnatoronto.com/canadian-citizenship-test-practice/

It's 308 because book is from 2012 and website is getting updated often. So if it comes on exam it's 308.

narr_12

Mar 3, 2018
Hi ,

I have realized that i missed the entry for physical presence entry for landing done which was done on the same day and also wrote the wrong date for one of the entry will that be a issue ???
Kindly advise

lonleyplanet1995

Jan 13, 2018
Congrats !
B , 338
Thank you

baktash13083

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Toronto, ON, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-03-2013
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
14-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi ,

I have realized that i missed the entry for physical presence entry for landing done which was done on the same day and also wrote the wrong date for one of the entry will that be a issue ???
Kindly advise
As long you physical presence days are equal or more than requested days by CIC, then you will be fine. Officer will review those days and if anything needs to be explained you can provide proof and officer will add explanation fo that. Don't stress yourself, and keep your focus on your test.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
realized that i missed the entry for physical presence entry for landing done which was done on the same day and also wrote the wrong date for one of the entry will that be a issue ???
Isolated, minor mistakes should NOT be a problem. IRCC is well aware applicants make mistakes and it does not punish applicants for this.

Obviously, however, not all mistakes are created equal, so the number of mistakes, the seriousness of a mistake, the impact a mistake might have on the presence calculation, or the context otherwise (such as a mistake which suggests willful deception for example), can have a big impact on whether IRCC pays it much attention and what action IRCC might take in response to it.

The WHY question:

What follows is a long post about the requirement to provide the information IRCC asks for, even if the applicant has provided this information already, even if the information has no affect on whether the individual is eligible for citizenship.

I go into this detail because there is a common theme underlying the way some approach the application process which is flawed. The police certificate issue, for example, tends to invite an approach from the wrong side of the equation. More than a few have approached this from the perspective that there is no reason why IRCC should need a police certificate from me, and thus I should not have to submit such a certificate. The appropriate approach is to determine if the instructions specify a police certificate needs to be submitted, and then follow the instructions.

There are also, however, many other aspects of the application for which some advocate responding to questions based on what it is IRCC is looking for, often based on interpreting why IRCC wants the information. The more appropriate approach, the approach which is almost always the right approach, is to make a concerted effort to determine WHAT the question asks, as best it can be understood, and to provide an honest, accurate, and responsively complete answer to that question, to WHAT is asked. And following the instructions otherwise.

This approach can be awkward sometimes (note item 9.c in the current application for example), but it will surely work, it will avoid making any misrepresentations which could be the subject of a material misrepresentation accusation.

Always, always, be skeptical of any suggestion to respond to an item in a way that is factually inaccurate, which some sometimes suggest based on interpreting what-IRCC-is-really-looking-for rather than a direct, accurate answer to the question as it is asked.

Thanks for your response .But if during PR application they got all info regarding history and police certificates then why they need again those things for that period ?
It warrants noting and emphasizing that for the most part an answer to "why" IRCC requires applicants to provide information is NOT relevant to whether the applicant needs to provide it. If IRCC asks for certain information, that means it is RELEVANT (as many Federal Courts have ruled) and must be provided. That does not mean it is necessarily material. IRCC can, and often does, require applicants (for citizenship and in other contexts) to provide a lot of information which is well beyond the scope of what is material, what can directly affect eligibility.

Work history information for a citizenship application is an example. There is no work-related requirement for citizenship. Yet, work history is requested. (Work history is not the best example because not only is it relevant, it is also material in that it can indirectly affect the assessment of facts which are about eligibility, because it is evidence of presence or absence.)

Which is to say, if IRCC asks for it, the applicant generally must provide the information asked for. (There are exceptions, but that subject tends to be complicated and a distraction, since the general rule almost always applies: if IRCC asks, the applicant must answer.)

Which is to say, the "why?" question is generally NOT relevant, not much anyway.

Sure, however, answering this question, the "why" question, can help us better understand certain aspects of the process. Take the requirement for some applicants to submit a police certificate, for example, which I explain in my previous post, for which the answer to why derives from Section 22(3)(a) in the Citizenship Act. Regardless why, the bottom-line, nonetheless, is that applicants who were in another country for 183 or more days, during the preceding four years, should check "yes" in response to item 10.b (current version of application), and the instructions further state that if the applicant checks "yes" to this item, the applicant needs to submit a police certificate for that country (OR, explain why one cannot be obtained).

The police certificate should generally be dated no longer ago than six months or since the last time the individual was in that country.

WHY? IRCC requires this or that information generally:

Again, the "why" is not relevant to whether or not an applicant needs to provide information requested. If IRCC asks for it, the applicant is required to provide it. Why does not matter.

Nor does the "why" dictate how the applicant should answer the question. Applicants should make a concerted effort to understand WHAT is asked and provide an honest, accurate, responsively complete answer to that.

Beyond that, "why?" is a multifaceted query, with relevant responses ranging from what is the motive for the question to how the answer is used or can be used. In this regard, the reason why certain information is requested DOES NOT LIMIT HOW IT IS USED. At the very least, for example, almost all information submitted with an application is used to compare with other information, at the least to assess the credibility of the applicant, regardless why IRCC asks for the information itself.

Why IRCC requests or requires certain information is not necessarily because IRCC "needs" that information. It is common for IRCC, just like CBSA, to not only ask a question to which the government already knows the answer, but to ask virtually the same question multiple times. I cannot begin to count the number of times a CBSA officer who is holding my passport in his hands has asked me what my citizenship is, or "where" I am from, even though both my citizenship and country of birth are right there, easily read on my passport. It is not uncommon to be asked the same question multiple times during an interview. Since it is not a formal judicial proceeding, no, objecting on the grounds the question has been asked and answered will not work, and in fact is likely to make things more difficult.

Citizenship application examples: Once an applicant has given his or her name and unique client identifier number, IRCC can look up the PR's date of birth in its databases, and look up the date the PR became a PR, but of course the application requires the applicant to provide this information. Similarly item 13 in the application, it requires the applicant to declare all status in other countries including the applicant's status in the PR's birth country, which of course is already of record in IRCC databases. I believe that leaving either 4.c) or 4.d) blank will result in the application being returned as incomplete even though, again, the applicant's name and client ID # is sufficient for IRCC to know date of birth and date of becoming a PR.

Item 10.a requires the applicant to list all addresses for where the applicant has lived during the eligibility period. If the applicant lived abroad during the eligibility period, the applicant is required to disclose that by giving the address and dates. Yet, item 9.c also, separately, asks "did you live outside Canada [during the eligibility period]?" And the applicant is also required to detail this time abroad in the Presence Calculator.

During the course of processing a citizenship application the applicant is required to declare, at least twice and for most three times, that the applicant was not convicted of an indictable offense during the four years prior to applying. The fact the applicant has declared this already in the application does not allow the applicant to not reiterate this declaration at the interview or, for many, again prior to taking the oath.

Applicants who are issued the PPQ - QAE, or RQ-lite, or the full blown RQ, are specifically required to submit a lot of information again, information already provided.

BOTTOM-LINE: The fact that this or that has already been provided does not excuse having to provide it again. If IRCC asks for work history for the full five years prior to the date the applicant applies for citizenship, the applicant should provide that information even if the applicant has already submitted that information before.

The obligation to submit information does not necessarily illuminate what will happen if the applicant fails to submit it. That is a different question. That question tends to get complicated unless there is an obvious consequence (failure to give a date of birth in item 4.c will, for example, most likely result in the application being returned; leaving a big gap in work or address history for time the applicant claims presence in Canada will likely result in the application being returned . . . but the consequences for other omissions of information are not so easily forecast and can vary).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
Hello,

I received a FP request dated on March 7. My spouse received it a month ago although we applied as a family!

Please update.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Isolated, minor mistakes should NOT be a problem. IRCC is well aware applicants make mistakes and it does not punish applicants for this.

Obviously, however, not all mistakes are created equal, so the number of mistakes, the seriousness of a mistake, the impact a mistake might have on the presence calculation, or the context otherwise (such as a mistake which suggests willful deception for example), can have a big impact on whether IRCC pays it much attention and what action IRCC might take in response to it.

The WHY question:

What follows is a long post about the requirement to provide the information IRCC asks for, even if the applicant has provided this information already, even if the information has no affect on whether the individual is eligible for citizenship.

I go into this detail because there is a common theme underlying the way some approach the application process which is flawed. The police certificate issue, for example, tends to invite an approach from the wrong side of the equation. More than a few have approached this from the perspective that there is no reason why IRCC should need a police certificate from me, and thus I should not have to submit such a certificate. The appropriate approach is to determine if the instructions specify a police certificate needs to be submitted, and then follow the instructions.

There are also, however, many other aspects of the application for which some advocate responding to questions based on what it is IRCC is looking for, often based on interpreting why IRCC wants the information. The more appropriate approach, the approach which is almost always the right approach, is to make a concerted effort to determine WHAT the question asks, as best it can be understood, and to provide an honest, accurate, and responsively complete answer to that question, to WHAT is asked. And following the instructions otherwise.

This approach can be awkward sometimes (note item 9.c in the current application for example), but it will surely work, it will avoid making any misrepresentations which could be the subject of a material misrepresentation accusation.

Always, always, be skeptical of any suggestion to respond to an item in a way that is factually inaccurate, which some sometimes suggest based on interpreting what-IRCC-is-really-looking-for rather than a direct, accurate answer to the question as it is asked.

It warrants noting and emphasizing that for the most part an answer to "why" IRCC requires applicants to provide information is NOT relevant to whether the applicant needs to provide it. If IRCC asks for certain information, that means it is RELEVANT (as many Federal Courts have ruled) and must be provided. That does not mean it is necessarily material. IRCC can, and often does, require applicants (for citizenship and in other contexts) to provide a lot of information which is well beyond the scope of what is material, what can directly affect eligibility.

Work history information for a citizenship application is an example. There is no work-related requirement for citizenship. Yet, work history is requested. (Work history is not the best example because not only is it relevant, it is also material in that it can indirectly affect the assessment of facts which are about eligibility, because it is evidence of presence or absence.)

Which is to say, if IRCC asks for it, the applicant generally must provide the information asked for. (There are exceptions, but that subject tends to be complicated and a distraction, since the general rule almost always applies: if IRCC asks, the applicant must answer.)

Which is to say, the "why?" question is generally NOT relevant, not much anyway.

Sure, however, answering this question, the "why" question, can help us better understand certain aspects of the process. Take the requirement for some applicants to submit a police certificate, for example, which I explain in my previous post, for which the answer to why derives from Section 22(3)(a) in the Citizenship Act. Regardless why, the bottom-line, nonetheless, is that applicants who were in another country for 183 or more days, during the preceding four years, should check "yes" in response to item 10.b (current version of application), and the instructions further state that if the applicant checks "yes" to this item, the applicant needs to submit a police certificate for that country (OR, explain why one cannot be obtained).

The police certificate should generally be dated no longer ago than six months or since the last time the individual was in that country.

WHY? IRCC requires this or that information generally:

Again, the "why" is not relevant to whether or not an applicant needs to provide information requested. If IRCC asks for it, the applicant is required to provide it. Why does not matter.

Nor does the "why" dictate how the applicant should answer the question. Applicants should make a concerted effort to understand WHAT is asked and provide an honest, accurate, responsively complete answer to that.

Beyond that, "why?" is a multifaceted query, with relevant responses ranging from what is the motive for the question to how the answer is used or can be used. In this regard, the reason why certain information is requested DOES NOT LIMIT HOW IT IS USED. At the very least, for example, almost all information submitted with an application is used to compare with other information, at the least to assess the credibility of the applicant, regardless why IRCC asks for the information itself.

Why IRCC requests or requires certain information is not necessarily because IRCC "needs" that information. It is common for IRCC, just like CBSA, to not only ask a question to which the government already knows the answer, but to ask virtually the same question multiple times. I cannot begin to count the number of times a CBSA officer who is holding my passport in his hands has asked me what my citizenship is, or "where" I am from, even though both my citizenship and country of birth are right there, easily read on my passport. It is not uncommon to be asked the same question multiple times during an interview. Since it is not a formal judicial proceeding, no, objecting on the grounds the question has been asked and answered will not work, and in fact is likely to make things more difficult.

Citizenship application examples: Once an applicant has given his or her name and unique client identifier number, IRCC can look up the PR's date of birth in its databases, and look up the date the PR became a PR, but of course the application requires the applicant to provide this information. Similarly item 13 in the application, it requires the applicant to declare all status in other countries including the applicant's status in the PR's birth country, which of course is already of record in IRCC databases. I believe that leaving either 4.c) or 4.d) blank will result in the application being returned as incomplete even though, again, the applicant's name and client ID # is sufficient for IRCC to know date of birth and date of becoming a PR.

Item 10.a requires the applicant to list all addresses for where the applicant has lived during the eligibility period. If the applicant lived abroad during the eligibility period, the applicant is required to disclose that by giving the address and dates. Yet, item 9.c also, separately, asks "did you live outside Canada [during the eligibility period]?" And the applicant is also required to detail this time abroad in the Presence Calculator.

During the course of processing a citizenship application the applicant is required to declare, at least twice and for most three times, that the applicant was not convicted of an indictable offense during the four years prior to applying. The fact the applicant has declared this already in the application does not allow the applicant to not reiterate this declaration at the interview or, for many, again prior to taking the oath.

Applicants who are issued the PPQ - QAE, or RQ-lite, or the full blown RQ, are specifically required to submit a lot of information again, information already provided.

BOTTOM-LINE: The fact that this or that has already been provided does not excuse having to provide it again. If IRCC asks for work history for the full five years prior to the date the applicant applies for citizenship, the applicant should provide that information even if the applicant has already submitted that information before.

The obligation to submit information does not necessarily illuminate what will happen if the applicant fails to submit it. That is a different question. That question tends to get complicated unless there is an obvious consequence (failure to give a date of birth in item 4.c will, for example, most likely result in the application being returned; leaving a big gap in work or address history for time the applicant claims presence in Canada will likely result in the application being returned . . . but the consequences for other omissions of information are not so easily forecast and can vary).
What an oversized piece of crap.

Come on man get a life, stop spamming on this forum, and finally start to deliver some real value advices.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Have you seen this question on the test that has both 308 and 338 as choices for answers?
I've been assuming so far that if my test asks this question, it would probably only offer one of those two numbers as a choice.
If only 308 is offered and not 338, then I would know this is an old exam and to just choose 308.

Reactions: Angy*

Quiches

Star Member
Nov 26, 2017
What an oversized piece of crap.

Come on man get a life, stop spamming on this forum, and finally start to deliver some real value advices.
I respectfully disagree. Dpenabill has helped so many people, real people who strive to become Canadian citizens, with his/her thorough and educated advice on this forum. The fact that he/she spends his/her valuable time and energy to help complete strangers who are having difficulties is in no way indicative of a lack of "life" but rather qualities of kindness and generosity that permit a very fulfilling life.

Also, this forum does not tolerate bullying.

Last edited: