IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
11 months passed...
Still waiting for a test invite.
Did you call cic or reach out to the MP in regards with what may be happening?

also did you order GCMS notes, anything popped out there?

newbie132

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017

Called CIC multiple times. I was told I was within 12 months period and background checks are complete.
Contacted MP. I was told that I am being scheduled for a test but they don't know when I would be contacted.
I didn't order GCMS notes but what information would they give me?

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Called CIC multiple times. I was told I was within 12 months period and background checks are complete.
Contacted MP. I was told that I am being scheduled for a test but they don't know when I would be contacted.
I didn't order GCMS notes but what information would they give me?
What’s your processing office?

forumnewbie

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
I was told my file was transferred from Mississauga to Scarborough sometime in July.
Same here except I’m not exactly sure when mine was transferred, but think July or early August. I was told they completed all checks and the agent said it should be soon because I see your file is now at Scarborough... I don’t know if that means anything. Or if they are actively trying to clear backlog from October.

bugfreak

Jan 24, 2014
Folks, I have not provided my timeline here because I moved to USA after applying for Citizenship (was based in Brampton at the time of applying), and my file was removed from the normal processing for followup, so everything has been very delayed for me. I applied on 12th October 2017, my application was acknowledged on 19th December 2017, and then it is in process since 18th May 2018. I finally got an email asking for fingerprints on Friday 14th September 2018. The email was from the St. Clair office in Ontario. Does that mean my file was transferred there? Or can the email asking for FP come from any office? Can someone please advise?

Last edited:

Mehran1

Aug 16, 2018

Hi ,
I am gonna order GCMS notes. Do you know if I order it online , how long does is take to responce me .

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Hi ,
I am gonna order GCMS notes. Do you know if I order it online , how long does is take to responce me .
there is a link on this forum somewhere for gcms notes just search for it, after applying takes around 30 days for you to receive the nots via email

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Folks, I have not provided my timeline here because I moved to USA after applying for Citizenship (was based in Brampton at the time of applying), and my file was removed from the normal processing for followup, so everything has been very delayed for me. I applied on 12th October 2017, my application was acknowledged on 19th December 2017, and then it is in process since 18th May 2018. I finally got an email asking for fingerprints on Friday 14th September 2018. The email was from the St. Clair office in Ontario. Does that mean my file was transferred there? Or can the email asking for FP come from any office? Can someone please advise?
FP request is issued at any stage of the process. There is only two locations that process FP. One in St. Clair and the other, not sure where but it's for western Canada. Your file is not transferred to St. Clair. It will go to Scarborough or Mississauga location based on Brampton location. Due to you "moving" to US, you are at risk of getting an RQ.

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

bugfreak

Jan 24, 2014
FP request is issued at any stage of the process. There is only two locations that process FP. One in St. Clair and the other, not sure where but it's for western Canada. Your file is not transferred to St. Clair. It will go to Scarborough or Mississauga location based on Brampton location. Due to you "moving" to US, you are at risk of getting an RQ.
Thanks so much for the information screech339. Yes the mailing address on the letter I received is from Scarborough, so I suspect my file may have moved there at some point. I'm not afraid of getting an RQ because I was crystal clear as to when I moved to USA, and I didn't lie about any of the time I spent in USA/Canada. In fact I provided ample proof in the form of rent statements, pay-stubs and tax returns to prove that I was in Canada for the duration that I said I was in Canada. No lies, no deceit. I really appreciate members like you who answer queries from novices like me about the citizenship process. Thanks once again.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Thanks so much for the information screech339. Yes the mailing address on the letter I received is from Scarborough, so I suspect my file may have moved there at some point. I'm not afraid of getting an RQ because I was crystal clear as to when I moved to USA, and I didn't lie about any of the time I spent in USA/Canada. In fact I provided ample proof in the form of rent statements, pay-stubs and tax returns to prove that I was in Canada for the duration that I said I was in Canada. No lies, no deceit. I really appreciate members like you who answer queries from novices like me about the citizenship process. Thanks once again.
It doesn't matter if you didn't lie or told them were crystal clear about you moving to US, it is completely up to them to decide whether to issue you an RQ or not. You don't have a say in the matter. By telling them you are "not residing" in Canada when applicants are expected to be living in Canada during process, you may have given them a reason to give you an RQ.

Reactions: bugfreak

bugfreak

Jan 24, 2014
It doesn't matter if you didn't lie or told them were crystal clear about you moving to US, it is completely up to them to decide whether to issue you an RQ or not. You don't have a say in the matter. By telling them you are "not residing" in Canada when applicants are expected to be living in Canada during process, you may have given them a reason to give you an RQ.
Ah I see. I was under the impression that RQ is only given to those applicants who may have been lived outside Canada during the time that they said they were in Canada. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Worst case scenario - I get denied.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ah I see. I was under the impression that RQ is only given to those applicants who may have been lived outside Canada during the time that they said they were in Canada. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see. Worst case scenario - I get denied.
You won't get denied, but your process may take longer than expected. What you did is what some people called "applying for citizenship on their way to airport".

Reactions: bugfreak

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Hi All,

Today was the run to the finish line, finally a Canadian Citizen :)

Reactions: rajmalhotra7

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi All,

Today was the run to the finish line, finally a Canadian Citizen :)
Congrats. My wife was finished as well. She gotten hers yesterday.