+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCT 2019 : Including additional/extra documents on citizenship application.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
Hi guys,

I am about to submit my application in a couple of days and I have some questions regarding this:

1. Along with all the documents in the checklist form, I have also included some extra documents like : photocopies of my flight itineraries from the past 5 years for vacations (proof of entry/exit) , paystubs, copies of visitor record ( i was on a visitor record for quite a while and stayed in canada.)

Will this raise an eyebrow on my application ? I have heard from some that adding additional docs un-requested will put my application under the microscope. And that possibly they might return the application pre-AOR because of unrelated documents.

2. The 2 ID photos were taken at Shoppers Drug Mart and the stamp they they gave on the back of the photos were a bit blurry/ smudged , so ...on the empty space that's left on the back, I wrote "photo taken :..." ....is that ok , or will they reject it because it's not part of the stamp ?
The shoppers drug mart text and "photo taken" text are abit unclear but can still be read though.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
1) None of those documents are needed at all. Entry/exit is obtained directly from CBSA. Paystubs are unnecessary. VR is already on file with IRCC. I would advise sticking with the checklist, and not including anything extra.

2) Its best to not write anything on the back of the photos other than that requested by IRCC. If the stamp could be read without too much difficulty, it's sufficient.

Don't overthink this. Hoping you have rapid processing of your app.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
1) None of those documents are needed at all. Entry/exit is obtained directly from CBSA. Paystubs are unnecessary. VR is already on file with IRCC. I would advise sticking with the checklist, and not including anything extra.

2) Its best to not write anything on the back of the photos other than that requested by IRCC. If the stamp could be read without too much difficulty, it's sufficient.

Don't overthink this. Hoping you have rapid processing of your app.
@Omegabyte

But I have have already written the "photo taken : xxx" on the back of the photos on the empty space , should i get new photos ?

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
All your paperwork and efforts will be very useful when you have your interview.
Or if they request it.

But for now, only provide what is asked for. And I wouldn't worry about the photos.

Good luck.

mikek27

Oct 15, 2014
All your paperwork and efforts will be very useful when you have your interview.
Or if they request it.

But for now, only provide what is asked for. And I wouldn't worry about the photos.

Good luck.
@jc94
So it's ok if i write in pen "photo taken : xxx" eventhough there's already a stamp but the stamp is not-clear and abit smudgy. ??

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
@jc94
So it's ok if i write in pen "photo taken : xxx" eventhough there's already a stamp but the stamp is not-clear and abit smudgy. ??
If you've already written on them, don't stress about it. At the worst I would think they might ask for another set, but pretty unlikely. Near 0% chance.

JPBless

May 14, 2018
@jc94
Take another photo from somewhere else. Tell the photographer about the need for the photo to have readable date stamp. Don't complete things or invite scrutiny by hand writing on the photo. Technically, it is the photographer who must attest to the date the passport was taken.

You have gone a long way to get here why not keep it simple as stated by IRCC and others on this forum? So, ideally, spending another $20 or so and avoid complication in the long run is worth it.

Quiteshores

Jun 17, 2019
Hi guys,

I am about to submit my application in a couple of days and I have some questions regarding this:

1. Along with all the documents in the checklist form, I have also included some extra documents like : photocopies of my flight itineraries from the past 5 years for vacations (proof of entry/exit) , paystubs, copies of visitor record ( i was on a visitor record for quite a while and stayed in canada.)

Will this raise an eyebrow on my application ? I have heard from some that adding additional docs un-requested will put my application under the microscope. And that possibly they might return the application pre-AOR because of unrelated documents.

2. The 2 ID photos were taken at Shoppers Drug Mart and the stamp they they gave on the back of the photos were a bit blurry/ smudged , so ...on the empty space that's left on the back, I wrote "photo taken :..." ....is that ok , or will they reject it because it's not part of the stamp ?
The shoppers drug mart text and "photo taken" text are abit unclear but can still be read though.
Hi dear I've also sent my pr application to Sydney nova Scotia Kindly update me about your time line