Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
XanderZ said:
Hi guys,

as of Feb 20,2015 I officially landed as PR! thank you very much for all the helps & support.
I'll still be around here in the forum try to help everyone as much as I can.

I hope the rest of fellow oct 2013 applicants who still waits will get their PR soon. :)
Congrats budd! It feels good doesn't it? Now time to get your hands on your PR card. ;)

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
XanderZ said:
Hi guys,

as of Feb 20,2015 I officially landed as PR! thank you very much for all the helps & support.

I hope the rest of fellow oct 2013 applicants who still waits will get their PR soon. :)
Very happy for you and thank you for the wishes! :)

ski

Nov 20, 2013
XanderZ said:
Hi guys,

Awesome! Congrats!

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Octanu said:
Guys how long does it take to get the passport back when you send it after the PPR?
Usually a week. Tops two weeks! This was my case! Depending on your location and the postal service. You'll get it man don't worry!

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XanderZ said:
Hi guys,

Hello Xander Z and Others,

Could you please share your landing experience at Vancouver? ex.:

1. which place did you land?
2. what are travel means from YVR airport to the border post. Is public transport available?
3. what docs were required?
4. How much time did it take?

And other information which you would like to share.

Thanks a lot for sharing..

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
rks0101 said:

2. what are travel means from YVR airport to the border post. Is public transport available?

Hey mate,

I can tell you about my experience! And I landed in Vancouver, but in Surrey not the airport. I landed at Peace Arch.
I drove there, but I'm pretty sure there should be some bus services as well. You can call their office and ask. Just google Peace Arch.

If you drive, there are plenty of spots available before the actual office at the border. You can park in one of the spots (always free) and walk towards the main building. Usually an officer will approach you and will ask you what you are doing there before you get to the building. You will just mention that you are flagpoling, to land as a PR. Then they will direct you to go on a sidewalk all the way to the US border. You will pass through the kiosks, car checkpoints that is. You will take the very right path. On your right is the building wall and on your left is the last kiosk. You just pass through, there is no one to stop you. It's a good 5 to 10 minutes walk till you get to the US border. You can see the traffic at your left all the time. Nearly about 2 minutes to the US border there is a downhill, when you pass that, you will see a stand stating "pedestrians this way". If you are confused just ask an american officer around there and they will guide you to the entrance which is located around the building at the back at your left.

Walk in, and follow the pedestrian sign to line up. Depending on the time of your landing it might be busy. Tops you will wait around 20 minutes. An american officer will attend to you and will ask about the nature of your travel and your passport (have it ready). Again you would say you are just here to flagpole and land as a PR in Canada. They might ask you some other questions, simple ones, what have you studied! What is your job? etc. In my case he asked me why do I hate US so much! And I said excuse me? He said yes, why are you just flagpoling, don't you want to see the US? He was being funny!

Anyway this conversation will take about 5 minutes, then they will hand you a yellow paper which on it, it states that you are flagpoling and US has refused you an entry. Which is not a big deal at all. Then you walk back to the Canada side with your yellow paper. Same sidewalk, same time consumption. This time the traffic to Canada is at your right hand side.

You remember that kiosk you just passed through to walk to US and nobody stopped you? This time an officer will be attending to you and will ask you questions. Like how much cash do you have? Why are you flagpoling? Do you have any tobacco or guns on you? Routine checkpoint questions. They will scan your passport and will direct you to go into the building (Canada building). Again follow the signs and queue up.

An officer will call you (again depending on the time of your landing, the queue time differs, but usually it's less than 5 minutes), hand them all of your documents. Depending on your officer and the time and also your experience, they will ask you questions, such as have you ever being convicted of this and that. Same routine questions and some security ones to make sure you are the person. Then they will ask for you to write down your mailing address so they can send you the PR card and they will get you to sign your CORP. At this point they will read your rights to you as a PR and they will hand you a copy of your rights. They will also mention that your landing papers are your Canadian Birth Certificate, do not ever lose them.

Then if they are in the mood, which in my case they were very much and also they were super funny! They will hand you a small Canadian flag and they will welcome you to Canada.

You walk out. Get to your car. Light a cigarette if you are a smoker ;), start your engine and voila! Canada is yours.

I would say the total amount of time you will spend from parking your car to getting back into it, would be around an hour good! Also for me they just asked for my passport and my CORP, but I had every document that I could take with me. Just to stay safe.

This was my experience. Hope it helped. I did flagpoling 4 times at Peace Arch (different reasons) and all four times I had a brilliant experience. Make sure to smile, be happy and crack small jokes here and there.
Remember the officers are exhausted dealing with some morons all day (trust me you will be amazed to see some people there).

Happy landing mate,

Octanu

Oct 27, 2014
rezafc said:
Hey mate,

I can tell you about my experience! And I landed in Vancouver, but in Surrey not the airport. I landed at Peace Arch.
I drove there, but I'm pretty sure there should be some bus services as well. You can call their office and ask. Just google Peace Arch.

If you drive, there are plenty of spots available before the actual office at the border. You can park in one of the spots (always free) and walk towards the main building. Usually an officer will approach you and will ask you what you are doing there before you get to the building. You will just mention that you are flagpoling, to land as a PR. Then they will direct you to go on a sidewalk all the way to the US border. You will pass through the kiosks, car checkpoints that is. You will take the very right path. On your right is the building wall and on your left is the last kiosk. You just pass through, there is no one to stop you. It's a good 5 to 10 minutes walk till you get to the US border. You can see the traffic at your left all the time. Nearly about 2 minutes to the US border there is a downhill, when you pass that, you will see a stand stating "pedestrians this way". If you are confused just ask an american officer around there and they will guide you to the entrance which is located around the building at the back at your left.

Walk in, and follow the pedestrian sign to line up. Depending on the time of your landing it might be busy. Tops you will wait around 20 minutes. An american officer will attend to you and will ask about the nature of your travel and your passport (have it ready). Again you would say you are just here to flagpole and land as a PR in Canada. They might ask you some other questions, simple ones, what have you studied! What is your job? etc. In my case he asked me why do I hate US so much! And I said excuse me? He said yes, why are you just flagpoling, don't you want to see the US? He was being funny!

Anyway this conversation will take about 5 minutes, then they will hand you a yellow paper which on it, it states that you are flagpoling and US has refused you an entry. Which is not a big deal at all. Then you walk back to the Canada side with your yellow paper. Same sidewalk, same time consumption. This time the traffic to Canada is at your right hand side.

You remember that kiosk you just passed through to walk to US and nobody stopped you? This time an officer will be attending to you and will ask you questions. Like how much cash do you have? Why are you flagpoling? Do you have any tobacco or guns on you? Routine checkpoint questions. They will scan your passport and will direct you to go into the building (Canada building). Again follow the signs and queue up.

An officer will call you (again depending on the time of your landing, the queue time differs, but usually it's less than 5 minutes), hand them all of your documents. Depending on your officer and the time and also your experience, they will ask you questions, such as have you ever being convicted of this and that. Same routine questions and some security ones to make sure you are the person. Then they will ask for you to write down your mailing address so they can send you the PR card and they will get you to sign your CORP. At this point they will read your rights to you as a PR and they will hand you a copy of your rights. They will also mention that your landing papers are your Canadian Birth Certificate, do not ever lose them.

Then if they are in the mood, which in my case they were very much and also they were super funny! They will hand you a small Canadian flag and they will welcome you to Canada.

You walk out. Get to your car. Light a cigarette if you are a smoker ;), start your engine and voila! Canada is yours.

I would say the total amount of time you will spend from parking your car to getting back into it, would be around an hour good! Also for me they just asked for my passport and my CORP, but I had every document that I could take with me. Just to stay safe.

This was my experience. Hope it helped. I did flagpoling 4 times at Peace Arch (different reasons) and all four times I had a brilliant experience. Make sure to smile, be happy and crack small jokes here and there.
Remember the officers are exhausted dealing with some morons all day (trust me you will be amazed to see some people there).

Happy landing mate,
That was interesting to read :)

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
rks0101 said:
Thanks Rezafc for detailed experience! +1 for you!

Cheers.
You're very welcome mate,

By the way I think you can land at YVR! They have immigration office there. Call them up and see if you can do that, since it's an international airport! I know you are taking a domestic flight within BC, but just dig deeper. They might be able to land you at the airport.

best of luck,

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
rks0101 said:

Hello rks0101,

Sorry for the delayed response,

rezafc does really great job explaining everything in greater details, so I'm just going to share the summary of my experiences. haha

- I went to states first via Peace Arch and then went shopping at tulalip first before land back as Permanent Residence at peace arch (canada side).

- rezafc already explains this part in great details. But yea there are many way to land, flagpoling via any borders (canada/states) like peace arch is the most common one if you already inside the country, or alternatively, you can make appointment with nearest embassy as stated on your copr to do the landing if you already in the country

- I Brought:Bank Statement, Proof of Employment, COPR documents, Passport, Proof of address (driver license/BCID), current valid work permit
But at the end of the day, they only look at my COPR documents & my passport (but it's better to bring everything just to be safe); And ask basic questions based on the copr documents such as where do you live, what's your name, how long you've been in canada, what is your marital status, have you done any misconduct/criminal, have you been rejected admission to enter canada before, etc.

Anyway, one of our veteran forum members i_am_toby here has a site that's really useful for CEC applicants, and this is the link for the document needed for landing:
http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/what-documents-do-i-need-for-the-landing

The landing itself? quick 10 mins for me because I got back at Peace Arch around 10.30pm on Friday and nobody else in front of me. As I said above, they just ask basic questions and then they congratulates you and welcome you to canada (no small canadian flag for me though). It feels great and huge sense of relieved for me! but tiring at the same time..

Now let me explain why I'm tired, it doesnt have anything to do in the canadian site, but more on the US side, I arrived on Friday afternoon (around 12-1pm) and the thing is.. I got to wait 3 freakin hours in the lineup just to process that I-94!! there's not many officer available on the counter and the line is barely moving at all before 3pm, omg I was so tired, hungry and basically can't do anything because Im basically stuck there..

anyway.. sorry for that rant, in the end it's a pretty smooth experiences for me
You can also check i_am_toby landing experiences here and what should you do after you land:

http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/my-landing-experience.html
http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/what-happens-next-following-the-landing-as-a-permanent-resident

Hope it helps! :)

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XanderZ said:
Hello rks0101,

rezafc does really great job explaining everything in greater details, so I'm just going to share the summary of my experiences. haha

- I went to states first via Peace Arch and then went shopping at tulalip first before land back as Permanent Residence at peace arch (canada side).

- rezafc already explains this part in great details. But yea there are many way to land, flagpoling via any borders (canada/states) like peace arch is the most common one if you already inside the country, or alternatively, you can make appointment with nearest embassy as stated on your copr to do the landing if you already in the country

- I Brought:Bank Statement, Proof of Employment, COPR documents, Passport, Proof of address (driver license/BCID), current valid work permit
But at the end of the day, they only look at my COPR documents & my passport (but it's better to bring everything just to be safe); And ask basic questions based on the copr documents such as where do you live, what's your name, how long you've been in canada, what is your marital status, have you done any misconduct/criminal, have you been rejected admission to enter canada before, etc.

Anyway, one of our veteran forum members i_am_toby here has a site that's really useful for CEC applicants, and this is the link for the document needed for landing:

The landing itself? quick 10 mins for me because I got back at Peace Arch around 10.30pm on Friday and nobody else in front of me. As I said above, they just ask basic questions and then they congratulates you and welcome you to canada (no small canadian flag for me though). It feels great and huge sense of relieved for me! but tiring at the same time..

Now let me explain why I'm tired, it doesnt have anything to do in the canadian site, but more on the US side, I arrived on Friday afternoon (around 12-1pm) and the thing is.. I got to wait 3 freakin hours in the lineup just to process that I-94!! there's not many officer available on the counter and the line is barely moving at all before 3pm, omg I was so tired, hungry and basically can't do anything because Im basically stuck there..

anyway.. sorry for that rant, in the end it's a pretty smooth experiences for me
You can also check i_am_toby landing experiences here and what should you do after you land:

http://cectoolkit.weebly.com/faqs/what-happens-next-following-the-landing-as-a-permanent-resident

Thank you XanderZ for this detailed response and sharing!

XanderZ

Star Member
Oct 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 15, 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 22, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 24, 2014
Med's Done....
May 1, 2014
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 20, 2015
How's everything here? rks0101 and octanu have you guys landed as Permanent Residence yet?

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
XanderZ said:
Hello rks0101,

Hello XanderZ,

Thanks for so much information links and details. +1 for you. I was asking information for preparation.

Cheers!

sandymaan

May 6, 2014
Congrats to everyone getting PR
Finally I got request for passports, waited so long, application send on 21oct.
Sharing my bad experience with UPS
Cic ask me to submit my and my husband's PCC from India and Australia, full licences history from Australia and give us only 30 days to submit. I got all the documents on the 28th day and I scanned all papers and emailed to cic and send by UPS courier on 12th March, agent told my that courier will be delivered tomorrow by 10:30, but didn't. I waited for another day but status was showing in transit, I called customer service but they told me that enquiry is open, they have lost it and can not identify location. I got so frustrated, panicked and can't even believe this can happen too . I ask my consultant to send email about lost documents to cic , he did and got reply within half an hour regarding my passport request. It is still mystery where my documents are.