App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
barghavkumar said:
Frnds,
Finally i recieved PPR mail.... M very happy...
What is the process to get it stamped if i am out side canada, pls let me know
Hi.. Congrats.. Just inform CIC that you are outside canada. They will direct you to submit passports to the Visa Office in the country you are in. It's easy and simple.. Relax!!!

May 12, 2014
Got PPR request last week Monday Sept 29th.

Sent my passport on Sept 30th.

Now I need some help as I am in a "Situation" over here. Any of your suggestion/advice is welcome.

I have a business meeting to attend for a week in Colorado USA on November 3. Will I be able to get my landing paper before that? If so I can go to my business trip and return on November 8th 2014 with my landing paper in Toronto pearson airport and get my PR.

Should I also apply for my BOWP? as my work permit is expiring on October 28th?

Or shall I apply for the visitor visa? I just want to make sure I can re-enter Canada in case there is any issue on my landing on November 8th in Toronto?

Your advice is needed.

Thanks

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
abhishekkumaran said:
Got PPR request last week Monday Sept 29th.

Sent my passport on Sept 30th.

Now I need some help as I am in a "Situation" over here. Any of your suggestion/advice is welcome.

I have a business meeting to attend for a week in Colorado USA on November 3. Will I be able to get my landing paper before that? If so I can go to my business trip and return on November 8th 2014 with my landing paper in Toronto pearson airport and get my PR.

Should I also apply for my BOWP? as my work permit is expiring on October 28th?

Or shall I apply for the visitor visa? I just want to make sure I can re-enter Canada in case there is any issue on my landing on November 8th in Toronto?

Your advice is needed.

Thanks
Wow that's a pickle!

First off congrats on your PPR. Secondly, honestly now that the world is your oyster, apply for whichever you feel like. In regards to visitor permit the only extra document that you have to provide is your bank account. Other than that both have the same time line (more or less).

In regards to getting back into Canada, you need a TRV! BOWP or Visitor Permit can not do this for you. Why are you worried about your landing? The papers are the confirmation of your PR, rest assured you can land safely.

Last but not least, if you really really, really, have to take the trip then go ahead, but if I were you, I would land ASAP and get it out of the way. Your PR card takes about 2 months to process from the day you land. So you want to take that into consideration as well!

Let's see what others have to say about this.

Best of luck,

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
barghavkumar said:
Frnds,
Congrats mate. Happy landing. :)

OopsCinnie

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
barghavkumar said:
Frnds,
Conragts!!!

What time did you get it? And what's your ecas status?

May 12, 2014
@ rezafc:

Thanks. I am debating with me to see if I have to go for the meeting in Colorado.

Now one more question.

If I get my landing papers by October 24th and then finish my landing procedures by October 28, will I still be able to enter Canada on November 7th?

By that time I won't get my PR card, but it will be in process. My work-permit will expire.

Abhi

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhishekkumaran said:
@ rezafc:

Thanks. I am debating with me to see if I have to go for the meeting in Colorado.

Now one more question.

If I get my landing papers by October 24th and then finish my landing procedures by October 28, will I still be able to enter Canada on November 7th?

By that time I won't get my PR card, but it will be in process. My work-permit will expire.

Abhi
Are you sure you will get your landing paper before Nov 07th? It seemed that according to the trend, it could take 4-5 weeks or more.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
abhishekkumaran said:
@ rezafc:

Now one more question.

Abhi

Why not land on Nov 7th?

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
abhishekkumaran said:
@ rezafc:

Now one more question.

Abhi
Hey Abhi,

The tricky part around this is that by the time you land, all your records including your work permit, visitor permit, etc. will become void almost immediately. If you land on October 28th, that is guaranteed that you will not receive your card by November 7th.

In between the landing and receiving your PR card you're almost doomed to stay. You can not enter Canada without your PR card! But bare in mind that if you try to enter Canada without your PR card and with your landing papers only (after you have landed of course) they will not keep you hostage or even through you out of the country, you will not receive any bad records or they will not cancel your PR. They will be harsh on you though, asking whys and whys! Why did you not pay attention and wait for your PR card! Stuff like that! They might even direct you back to the US till you receive your PR card! So it's best not to risk it.

Again if you are debating on going to the trip, I'd say cancel it, land as soon as you get your papers and wait for your PR card. Then do whatever you need to do.

Best of luck,

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^ There are different options:

- Just do the landing on Nov 7

- Land now, then enter Canada by land even if you only have CoPR

- Get a travel doc

It's been discussed in the forum that the main challenge in traveling without a PR Card is that the airlines may not allow you to board. However, there is minimal problem on the CBSA side since you are already a Permanent Resident.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hey everyone,

So just couple of hours ago I received my PR card in the mail. It's a sweet feeling. Hope you all get yours soon, and the ones whom are waiting for PPR, I hope you all get the good news in your mailbox very very soon.

Just to let you know they asked for a new photo, and it delayed the process for another 3 weeks.

Funny enough today is the exact anniversary day. Last year on October 15th I mailed my application. After I mailed it, I went across the street to a restaurant and sat there for a meal. The postman showed up at the post office and took the deliveries. I turned to a lady sitting beside me, pointed at the post man, and said: there goes my future. Then she asked me what was inside the package, and wished me luck, tapped me on the shoulder and said we've all been through this, stay patient!

Just a little memory to share with you guys and pump up this old thread to the top.

Wish you all the best of the best and NEVER NEVER lose hope.

Take care,

hondaFan13

Jul 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rezafc said:
Hey everyone,

So just couple of hours ago I received my PR card in the mail. It's a sweet feeling. Hope you all get yours soon, and the ones whom are waiting for PPR, I hope you all get the good news in your mailbox very very soon.

Just to let you know they asked for a new photo, and it delayed the process for another 3 weeks.

Funny enough today is the exact anniversary day. Last year on October 15th I mailed my application. After I mailed it, I went across the street to a restaurant and sat there for a meal. The postman showed up at the post office and took the deliveries. I turned to a lady sitting beside me, pointed at the post man, and said: there goes my future. Then she asked me what was inside the package, and wished me luck, tapped me on the shoulder and said we've all been through this, stay patient!

Just a little memory to share with you guys and pump up this old thread to the top.

Take care,
very touching indeed...

milleth082002

Oct 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 6 2013
Med's Request
Feb 14 2014
Med's Done....
March 7 2014
rezafc said:
Hey everyone,

Take care,
Inspiring story. I can't wait for our turn to share mine while waiting for PP return. Patience is a virtue. 16 months for us to wait PPR.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
Hi,

I got PPR request today at 10:15 PM. In the email they didn't ask me for photographs and bio data form.

Should I still send them the photographs and bio data form or shall I just send them only the passport?

Seniors please help me on this. I would like to send my passports ASAP as I can't wait anymore..

Below is the mail from from CIC :

STEP 2: PASSPORT(S) REQUEST

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
siriPR2014 said:
Hi,

I got PPR request today at 10:15 PM. In the email they didn't ask me for photographs and bio data form.

Should I still send them the photographs and bio data form or shall I just send them only the passport?

Seniors please help me on this. I would like to send my passports ASAP as I can't wait anymore..

Below is the mail from from CIC :

STEP 2: PASSPORT(S) REQUEST

We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well.
Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must obtain an ordinary passport.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.
Congrats!

Just send them your passport. There is no need for photos and / or biodata. If there is anything wrong with your photographs for PR card the associated department will contact you after your landing.

Happy landing, ;)