+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Yup, will need to get tested once you land in india, before collecting your bags.

Coming back is even a bigger headache, where only place you can take test is at delhi airport I hope you have good layover at delhi because once you go out to take the test they won't allow you in untill 7hrs before departure of your next flight.
I will be flying from Ahmedabad-Delhi-Toronto so isn’t it i have to take rtpcr test before entering Ahmedabad airport ??? I only have 3 hours connecting time at Delhi Airport.

priysen02

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Hope all doing well and safe . I am about to submit my OCI application . My husband is not yet eligible for Canadian Citzn and holds a PR status . But as per OCI checklist since I am married . I need to upload my Spouse Passport,PR card COPR etc . Pls guide me under which of the 7 categories mentioned in OCI checklist do I need to upload his docs .

Any response is greatly appreciated .

patel55

Jun 19, 2017
What are the covid protocols for travelling to india ?
I heard we have to get a negative RTPCR test 72 hours before our flight.
My flight is Toronto-Delhi-Ahmedabad. Do i have to again take a rtpcr test at Delhi airport even though i am fully vaccinated ?
No you don't have to get RT-PCR test again when you arrive at delhi.

patelboss

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Hope all doing well and safe . I am about to submit my OCI application . My husband is not yet eligible for Canadian Citzn and holds a PR status . But as per OCI checklist since I am married . I need to upload my Spouse Passport,PR card COPR etc . Pls guide me under which of the 7 categories mentioned in OCI checklist do I need to upload his docs .

Any response is greatly appreciated .
As far as i know, we have to submit copies of spouse pr card, copr and passport when u mail the application.

Reactions: priysen02

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017

Mamin

Dec 4, 2018
Actually you do.
I went last month.
It's pretty fast though, they will guide you. Costs Rs500.
It’s understand that travel to India needs RT-PCR 72 hours prior to fly to New Delhi ( Presently direct flight from Toronto to Delhi is only activated later Mumbai can be added) So I believe RT-PCR can easily be obtain from Canadian city as we are residing here and easily accessible.

But those traveling to India through Delhi are residents of various states and cities. Now looking to Patelboss valid question that on return he will fly from Ahmedabad to Delhi - Toronto and he has only 3- hours connecting time at Delhi Airport under such situation is it feasible to take RT- PCR from Ahmedabad airport or it is mandatory to get it from Delhi only.

This is what protocol he is raising. There are also travellers whose destinations are Surat or Baroda. Rs.500 charge for RT- PCR is immaterial here.

Can any one guide on this query.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
You can't visit India on a tourist visa anyway because of COVID but to answer your question, yes, you might be able to submit a visa application. You'll have to do this along with your surrender application. And there is no such thing called "OCI sticker". OCI is a booklet and looks like a passport with 4 pages. If you apply in Canada, your OCI will be sent from the consulate here to BLS and you will have to either collect it from them or get it delivered to your address. I don't think BLS will ship it internationally.
Thank you Raj!!
Interesting that we cant visit India on visit visa. I have a friend who recently went on visit visa while he has oci in process.

ajit90

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-04-2015
AOR Received.
29-05-2015
Med's Done....
passed -10.06.2015
Did you get an answer to your question? How did you manage on this requirement for OCI? I am in the same boat. Looking for your help on this.
I called BLS and they confirmed that that there is no need for Apostille/ authentication of canada issued documents. So I am applying with just self attesting the documents. Hope that helps.
Any info on this ?
Did you guys submit documents without attestation ? Any luck . I have to do the same thing next week ..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone, do we need to apply for Deemed Surrender Certificate if we are submitting the passport surrender and OCI application at the same time?

Also, what's the difference between the renunciation form that you fill online after creating your account vs this form on BLS website - https://www.blsindia-canada.com/forms/HCI-CGI_Surrender and Renunciation form.pdf
Deemed surrender certificate is if you've lost the last held Indian passport. You don't need it otherwise.

The application form that needs to be filled for surrender application is here (You'll have to create a new account if you don't already have one and then fill out the surrender application form) =>

https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

The one you've linked is outdated and not used anymore.

Reactions: Abhishek901

Abhishek901

Star Member
Jun 10, 2015
Toronto
Deemed surrender certificate is if you've lost the last held Indian passport. You don't need it otherwise.

The application form that needs to be filled for surrender application is here (You'll have to create a new account if you don't already have one and then fill out the surrender application form) =>

https://portal3.passportindia.gov.in/Online/index.html

The one you've linked is outdated and not used anymore.
The link I shared in my previous post in there in BLS's checklist along with the one you shared. I wonder why they would have the new link and the old link in the same paragraph? But who am I kidding. It's BLS.

Thanks for clarifying Raj.