+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Hey guys, I am hearing that for some case today, BLS Brampton accepted entry visa applications without surrender certificate (i.e., just a proof that you have applied for surrender certificate was accepted).. Has anyone else heard it too? This is apparently the latest change the consulate has implemented to help everyone in applying for entry visa..

KiranG80

Star Member
Sep 10, 2018
Hey guys, I am hearing that for some case today, BLS Brampton accepted entry visa applications without surrender certificate (i.e., just a proof that you have applied for surrender certificate was accepted).. Has anyone else heard it too? This is apparently the latest change the consulate has implemented to help everyone in applying for entry visa..
Yes today at Surrey BLS as well. You just need proof of application.

Reactions: Sapru

jaydevadhikari

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Any ack for applications after 10th October..My date of application is 12th October and my tickets are for December 7th. Totally confused about applying Entry visa or wait for OCI.
Our situation is very similar - My wife's application was submitted on 13th, and our flight is on Dec 7th. I was confident till now about OCI coming on time but now feeling nervous about it.

Ian10

Oct 25, 2023
Did you see any update on your Entry Visa status?
Unfortunately, I have not seen any update on BLS Tracking Page. However I submitted an application for OCI (Minor). It only keeps comin back as 'No Records Found'
@pgajiwala have you received any update on your status?

Last edited:

rajset1234

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hello, i am applying OCI for my new born (2 months old). Do i need to get her thumb print on all her documents (Like self attestation)?. Or do parents need to sign the documents for her? Or just leave them blank? No clear instructions available. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
When you go to submit the application at BLS, they will tell you where to sign on behalf of the minor

Reactions: kodalidatta

GagzV

Sep 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any recent update on BLS Ottawa file for OCI ? I applied for minor on Sept 9th, Sept 11th as Ack Date still showing Under Process. @forw.jane Do you have link to tracker for Ottawa Applicants. Hoping to see some progress. Thanks

Sapru

Oct 11, 2017
Canada
Can anyone pls share experience of applying for Entry Visa without surrender certificate in BLS Brampton, especially around the documents requested by BLS in lieu of surrender certificate