+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hello,

I am trying to surrender Indian passport to BLS Surrey via postal process. If you would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions that I have.
1) Are we allowed to post the application through any other courier service or it has to be Purolator?
2) When printing label using this link (https://www.blsindia-canada.com/vancouver-jurisdiction/fedexlabel.php) it asks for a transaction number. Is that transaction number generated once we make payment with the Pick up and Drop off service(https://www.blsindia-canada.com/postalbls/pickup-and-drop.php)?

Thanks in advance.
1) My understanding is that you can send via any courier but they will only send it back via Purolator for which you have to pay by calling them or going through the steps in drop off courier service on their website.

2) After you go through the pick up and drop off service steps, you get a page saying 'Congratulations! Your Payment is Done'. In that page, there is a transaction number after the order number.

Last edited:

anncar

Sep 22, 2023
Can you please explain what "Counter delivery to BLS centre after OCI stamping" means? I just want to know if at any point we need to take the original passport for some stamping or will we just receive the OCI document directly? (we've opted for courier service, so it should be delivered directly to our home?)
Nothing. As per my knowledge after couple of days document received at TORNTO (CGI), status on OCI website its first status on BLS Website. (Counter Delivery to BLS Centre after OCI stamping)
You don’t have to send any of original document at any point. BLS send you OCI booklet at your home directly, if you paid for the courier.

RITUPAL

Jan 29, 2020
Hello everyone, I called bls for using XXX on my application as I don't have given name on passport, they asked me to produce the affidavit for this.
does anyone have the sample for it please share I will be very great full.

Thanks

sachinrace

Star Member
Dec 10, 2015
1) My understanding is that you can send via any courier but they will only send it back via Purolator for which you have to pay by calling them or going through the steps in drop off courier service on their website.

2) After you go through the pick up and drop off service steps, you get a page saying 'Congratulations! Your Payment is Done'. In that page, there is a transaction number after the order number.
Thank you for your response. Could you also please confirm whether a bank draft is the only way to pay the fee in the postal process, or if it can also be paid online?

krishere1982

Mar 2, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Thank you for your response. Could you also please confirm whether a bank draft is the only way to pay the fee in the postal process, or if it can also be paid online?
As far as I know, you can pay for courier online but for their service fees and application fees etc have to be paid by draft/money order.

Reactions: sachinrace

Shinda545

Sep 23, 2023

Bani_sg

Jan 2, 2019

PratikD

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I emailed visa.vancouver@mea.gov.in and heard back within 24 hours - they didn't actually answer the question I had about E-visas (will they process visas of those who applied BEFORE suspension) but they did confirm that OCI services will continue!
Thank you. Yeah, I don't think I have ever gotten a straight non diplomatic response from consulate. Nevertheless, I'll try emailing visa.vancouver@mea.gov.in.

Reactions: Bani_sg

tarun1110

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Application filed at BLS Brampton - Sep 22
BLS Website status updated to "Processing at CG" - Sep 25th

No update on OCI website yet - "No such Record found" is the current status when I enter the details.

Hoping that this tit-for-tat political situation between the two countries doesn't affect the common man.