AOR Received.
12-06-2017
Passport Req..
05-10-2017
LANDED..........
04-11-2017
hi

Just a few questions regarding the Surrender + OCI process

1) I will be applying Brampton or Toronto office so I believe I can only apply for a surrender certificate first
2) what is the correct amount of the courier I have to fill in for the draft, I will be applying from Canada post or FedEx from waterloo is it an estimate for 129.40 + courier charges ?
3) Do I need to send my original Canadian passport as well, it says so in the checklist?

Last edited:

vivek.89

Star Member
Dec 29, 2016
hi

Just a few questions regarding the Surrender + OCI process

1) I will be applying Brampton or Toronto office so I believe I can only apply for a surrender certificate first
2) what is the correct amount of the courier I have to fill in for the draft, I will be applying from Canada post or FedEx from waterloo is it an estimate for 129.40 + courier charges ?
3) Do I need to send my original Canadian passport as well, it says so in the checklist?
1) Correct- its Surrender Certificate first and then OCI after you receive SC.
2) We can't use Canada Post or Fedex. BLS has sole courier arrangement with Purolator. So when you are done with your application, call BLS on their phone and tell them you want to arrange for pick-up and delivery of SC application. The charges will vary (I paid $98.0 from Downtown Toronto), but you pay real time through credit card while you are on call. Its easier that way. The draft amount can then be just $129.40 bcos you have already paid for courier. At least thats what i did.
3) No need to send original Canadian passport or citizenship certificate- i didnt and my SC is already in printed status. The checklist is not divided for in-person and postal application. I think they sometimes ask original for in-person appointments to verify. You only have to send your original Indian passport for cancellation.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: nipuns1

Kakashi03

Nov 6, 2021
One point - I don't think Toronto Jurisdiction allows OCI submissions before your SC process is complete and in hand. You will need to attach SC with your OCI app. Other members from East coast can chime in.
Thanks @dineshrehab and @vvarma.

I see some posts where applicants mentioned processing OCI with just the ARN. Is that incorrect then and I have to wait till I get SC in hand to apply for OCI?

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Thanks @dineshrehab and @vvarma.

I see some posts where applicants mentioned processing OCI with just the ARN. Is that incorrect then and I have to wait till I get SC in hand to apply for OCI?
Previously it was possible to apply for SC and OCI, but now it’s not possible for people applying under Ottawa or Toronto. It’s only acceptable in Vancouver area. I don’t know why there is an inconsistency.

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
How do you coordinate? I have an appointment this thursday with BLS Brampton which I don't need any more. I could help .
It needs to be realtime. Be on call with the other person and as soon as you cancel & confirm, the other person can immediately refresh and pick up that appointment. The other person should not take more than 30-60s to apply for your cancelled appointment.

Mr Dev

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys any luck booking an appointment with Brampton BLS ?? How long is the queue outside in the morning ??

Hate the fact that we cannot submit SC and OCI application together.

pr2013

Mar 14, 2013
Well, yes you need other documents. They asked me to submit my additional documents yesterday when I went to submit my application. They asked for current passport, employment letter to be uploaded.

I was not able to find that where to upload than under the pressure (while at the window at BLS) I was looking for it and then I found it.

On the left side of the window there are bunch of buttons, so you click on "Upload OCI Document/Re-upload". You will be upload the additional documents to you file.

BLS told me if I don't upload additional documents that could delay the application at consulate for OCI.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Hi there,

I do have a question about work letter. Did you write you own letter or did you get one from your employer?

Thanks.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Hello All,

Have you went through Name change process after getting your Canadian Citizenship and was able to apply OCI with the new name?

If you did received your OCI, for the supporting documents have you just provided a Name change certificate from the Province or a notarized copy of Name change certificate with the OCI application?

Thanks.

dineshrehab

Star Member
Feb 15, 2022
Guys any luck booking an appointment with Brampton BLS ?? How long is the queue outside in the morning ??

Hate the fact that we cannot submit SC and OCI application together.
If you can coordinate with me I can cancel one on thursday and you can book it. Dm me .

vvarma

Jul 18, 2015
Hi there,

I do have a question about work letter. Did you write you own letter or did you get one from your employer?

Thanks.
Self letter stating your profession, company name and address, job title, full/part time, period - addressed to CGI should suffice. Also better to include a recent pay stub.