+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

pHrankee

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Is it true that your OCI application will be rejected if you are a federal government employee?
Yes, that what I have read in one of the comments here. Govt employees are not allowed to get OCI. Some kinda of bureaucracy I guess. That's one of the reasons they ask for employment letter.

Punjabiboy4927

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-12
Yes, that what I have read in one of the comments here. Govt employees are not allowed to get OCI. Some kinda of bureaucracy I guess. That's one of the reasons they ask for employment letter.
On OCI website it is mentioned that it will be rejected for people who have served in military. Does not mention anything about other government employees. Well, I will wait if they approve my application otherwise its $400 down the drain.

h3xx_r_d

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Thank you. Looks like it take about 10 calendar days. I submitted on July 25th and hoping to get an update around Friday.
Just to confirm, the file number is the the one starting with CANTxxxx correct? ( This is for Toronto)
Yup, used the Canadian passport number and the File Number CANTxxxxxxx to track on the OCI portal.

Reactions: pHrankee

cheire

Champion Member
Jan 19, 2016
Canada
Is it true that your OCI application will be rejected if you are a federal government employee?
hey, i was told by BLS person who takes our applications, that they reject application for OCI if person is federal employee. if they reject they’ll return draft.
but i don’t understand why they would reject it if person is not in military or intelligence
i am also waiting, when did you apply

Punjabiboy4927

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2012
LANDED..........
08-12-12
hey, i was told by BLS person who takes our applications, that they reject application for OCI if person is federal employee. if they reject they’ll return draft.
but i don’t understand why they would reject it if person is not in military or intelligence
i am also waiting, when did you apply
I applied last week. I made a call to BLS Vancouver this morning to confirm and I was told that I can go ahead and apply. Current status on BLS tracking is showing as processing at consulate.

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
I applied last week. I made a call to BLS Vancouver this morning to confirm and I was told that I can go ahead and apply. Current status on BLS tracking is showing as processing at consulate.
Did you already have your surrender certificate? if yes what was timeline like for surrender please share

zohebshaikh

Aug 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Did you already have your surrender certificate? if yes what was timeline like for surrender please share
for postal application via BLS (toronto juris) from "Application Received at consulate" to "Surrender Certificate application has been printed" it took 6 calendar days, after which "Ready for dispatch" and "Dispatched via Courier" was on the next business day.

Reactions: novoiceplus

novoiceplus

Star Member
May 4, 2020
for postal application via BLS (toronto juris) from "Application Received at consulate" to "Surrender Certificate application has been printed" it took 6 calendar days, after which "Ready for dispatch" and "Dispatched via Courier" was on the next business day.

Thanks that’s helpful

Rachna12

Aug 1, 2023
Hello, I have some questions to ask regarding OCI application for minor..
She was born here in canada and i became citizen too last month. My husband does not have any legal status in canada and he lives in india.
1. do i need father's original passport when applying for her OCI?
2. and for the part where we have to mention the relation.. can i mention myself which means mother but i will be canadian citizen?
3.how do i get her father's signature on the application as both parents have to sign it for the consent?
4. will i need any document to get notarized if her father is in india?