+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Miscellaneous - NEW process

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
As per April 2021 guidelines, the Government will no longer re-issue of OCI Card each time a new passport was obtained up to the age of 20 years and once after the age of 50 years. However, the OCI Cardholders will be required to upload online a copy of the new passport & latest photo.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=140

My daughter has obtained a new Canadian passport upon expiry of the previous one. I uploaded her new passport & photo on the OCI web portal under OCI Miscellaneous Services and got an automatic email after I uploaded the new passport and completed Part B.

My status is as follows: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration

Anyone else who has gone through the process recently? If so, what is your status?

Last edited:

ARMIST

Star Member
Sep 27, 2013
As per April 2021 guidelines, the Government will no longer re-issue of OCI Card each time a new passport was obtained up to the age of 20 years and once after the age of 50 years. However, the OCI Cardholders will be required to upload online a copy of the new passport & latest photo.

https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/alert_detail/?alertid=140

My daughter has obtained a new Canadian passport upon expiry of the previous one. I uploaded her new passport & photo on the OCI web portal under OCI Miscellaneous Services and got an automatic email after I uploaded the new passport and completed Part B.

My status is as follows: Your application has been acknowledged by competent authorities. It is under consideration

Anyone else who has gone through the process recently? If so, what is your status?
Hi, I also applied for the same for my son on November 1st 2021. Status is same as yours. Did you get any update after that? Please let me know.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I also applied for the same for my son on November 1st 2021. Status is same as yours. Did you get any update after that? Please let me know.
I went through this updated process for my child.

1. Updated the OCI status using OCI miscellaneous on Tue, Oct 5. Received email stating "Your application bearing MHA file number CANTXXXXXXX for uploading of document in connection with your OCI card number XXXXXXX has been submitted successfully. "

2. received email on Fri, Nov 5 stating "Updated details including your new passport number XXXXXX have been taken on record."

Reactions: ARMIST

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Yes my daughter's passport number was updated in her OCI records. It took 5 weeks for processing.

Reactions: ARMIST