+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI in Ottawa

naina03

Oct 3, 2016
Hi,

I am looking to apply for OCI from Ottawa, couple of quick questions as I couldn't find a conclusive answer in the online documentation:

- Do we have to surrender our Indian passport before applying for the OCI?
- Do we have to book an online appointment for the surrender or can we just walk in to the bls office?
- For OCI, again do we have to book the appointment or can we walk in?

Thanks in advance! Any response would be much appreciated, and if you have recent experience with applying oci from Ottawa any tips to keep in mind are welcome too!

Thanks again.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

I am looking to apply for OCI from Ottawa, couple of quick questions as I couldn't find a conclusive answer in the online documentation:

- Do we have to book an online appointment for the surrender or can we just walk in to the bls office?

Thanks in advance! Any response would be much appreciated, and if you have recent experience with applying oci from Ottawa any tips to keep in mind are welcome too!

Thanks again.
For first question the answer is Yes. You cannot do it together.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

Thanks again.
Other questions you should seek answers - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-744