+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI Card Time Line

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have applied for my OCI and the current status is showing as UNDER-PROCESS. Date of Acknowledgment is 18-Apr-2023.

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get my OCI card?

I am planning to go to India on August 2023. I haven't book my flight tickets yet. Is it advisable to book the flight tickets now or should I wait till I receive my OCI card?

And are there any chances for the rejection of my OCI card Application?

Thanks,

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Guys,

I have applied for my OCI and the current status is showing as UNDER-PROCESS. Date of Acknowledgment is 18-Apr-2023.

Do you have any idea how long it will take to get my OCI card?

I am planning to go to India on August 2023. I haven't book my flight tickets yet. Is it advisable to book the flight tickets now or should I wait till I receive my OCI card?

And are there any chances for the rejection of my OCI card Application?

Thanks,
You can ask your questions on this thread as well: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-885
From the date of acknowledgement it takes about a month to get the OCI in hand if you are in Toronto jurisdiction.
There would be very slim chances of application being rejected after the acknowledgement
If I was you, I would book the tickets...

Last edited:
Reactions: jithucan123

jithucan123

Feb 19, 2015
Hello Abbas,

The Online status of my OCI Application is showing like this:

Applicant Name[My Name]
File Reference Number[Reference Number]
Date Of Acknowledgment18-APR-2023
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- Number[My OCI Number]
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn10-MAY-2023
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn

Could you please let me know when I will get my OCI Card?

Thanks,

Neetit

Oct 6, 2023
Hi. I applied for my OCi on sept 23,2023. I cannot track my application on Indian govt website, it says record not found. On BLs, it says with Indian consulate. Please help. I have my tickets booked for early November. :(

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hi. I applied for my OCi on sept 23,2023. I cannot track my application on Indian govt website, it says record not found. On BLs, it says with Indian consulate. Please help. I have my tickets booked for early November. :(
See this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-1025 for current discussion of wait times. Based on posts there, right now it is taking about 15 days for acknowledgement in Toronto and even longer in Ottawa. Its normal that no records are found on the govt. site until then. You could expect ACK very soon and possibly receive OCI in a month from then, but hard to know whether there is further slow down due to recent developments and the uptick in OCI applications.

Neetit

Oct 6, 2023
See this thread https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662/page-1025 for current discussion of wait times. Based on posts there, right now it is taking about 15 days for acknowledgement in Toronto and even longer in Ottawa. Its normal that no records are found on the govt. site until then. You could expect ACK very soon and possibly receive OCI in a month from then, but hard to know whether there is further slow down due to recent developments and the uptick in OCI applications.
Thank you so much. I read someone else’s comment who applied on same day but received ack already. Do you know any other process for backup if OCI doesnt arrive on time. I cannot miss my flight, it is my brother’s wedding. :(

Swatij

Nov 6, 2023
Me and my husband both are Indian citizens and have applied for OCI for our newborn daughter on October 3rd, 2023. It’s been over 4 weeks but the status on the website says, “ Processing at Consulate General”. We must travel to India by the end of November, as the contract for the apartment we are currently living in ends on November 30th. We have also purchased our tickets for Nov 28th. So, we are really tense as visas for Canadian citizens have been suspended, so we need the OCI for our daughter to travel to India. Please advise how to expedite the process.

Last edited:

Swatij

Nov 6, 2023
Me and my husband both are Indian citizens and have applied for OCI for our newborn daughter on October 3rd, 2023. It’s been over 4 weeks but the status on the website says, “ Processing at Consulate General”. We must travel to India by the end of November, as the contract for the apartment we are currently living in ends on November 30th. We have also purchased our tickets for Nov 28th. So, we are really tense as visas for Canadian citizens have been suspended, so we need the OCI for our daughter to travel to India.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Me and my husband both are Indian citizens and have applied for OCI for our newborn daughter on October 3rd, 2023. It’s been over 4 weeks but the status on the website says, “ Processing at Consulate General”. We must travel to India by the end of November, as the contract for the apartment we are currently living in ends on November 30th. We have also purchased our tickets for Nov 28th. So, we are really tense as visas for Canadian citizens have been suspended, so we need the OCI for our daughter to travel to India.
You should get it before your travel. Things move quickly once its marked as processed.
If you really want to be safe, you can go for entry visa. Its taking 7-10 days.

Swatij

Nov 6, 2023
You should get it before your travel. Things move quickly once its marked as processed.
If you really want to be safe, you can go for entry visa. Its taking 7-10 days.
It has been showing as processing since day one. Is there any email address that I can email.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
BLS Toronto
https://www.cgitoronto.gov.in/sampark/ - You can raise a query here, but not very optimistic about it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSw0K_bUGvWjN0uF4Ecqzi8UPVDQwjHCwQHMgkuUpBRcJo-CQa9IUYjY4DGqdQ6zmC3bP0D__lImeKb/pubhtml

Check the above tracker for Toronto. People usually getting it within 45 days. You too should have it in the third week of Nov.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-process.254662 -> Follow this thread as many share there experience