+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obtaining PCC - a confusing situation

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

This query is for a friend of mine who recently received an ITA and if afoot to submit an application for PCC.

To begin with, it would be fine of him to secure a PCC from PSK since he resides in Mumbai.

So, now he stays at his sister’s place from past three years which we name it as ADDRESS 1.

His father owns an apartment which we call it as ADDRESS 2, which is rented to some tenant. ADDRESS 2 is few blocks away from ADDRESS 1.

The address mentioned on the passport of my friend is ADDRESS 2. But now since he is not living in ADDRESS 2, is the society letter required as a documentary evidence while submitting the documents for a PCC.

Also, does police physically inspect the ADDRESS 2 for verification after submission of PSK application?

What is another angle involved in this?

Appreciate your help in decoding this mystery. Thanks.

romeo2529

Star Member
Jun 18, 2016
Change address 2 to 1 in the form and you will get your PCC in 5 mins. If the current address is same as in passport no police verification is needed. Hope it helps

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
romeo2529 said:
Change address 2 to 1 in the form (So you mean to change the address in the PCC application form?) and you will get your PCC in 5 mins. If the current address is same as in passport no police verification is needed. [No. he stays in a different place (ADDRESS 1) and the passport mentions ADDRESS 2].The entire family lives together in ADDRESS 1. Hope it helps
Thnx romeo2529,

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Your current address should match the address on the passport. If you want ease and convenience, mention Address 2 as your current address and you will be fine. If you want to be honest, get a new passport with address 1 as your current address and then get the PCC issued on address 1. At the end of day, the current address and the passport address have to match. So you choose which route you want to take.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Your current address should match the address on the passport. If you want ease and convenience, mention Address 2 as your current address and you will be fine. If you want to be honest, get a new passport with address 1 as your current address and then get the PCC issued on address 1. At the end of day, the current address and the passport address have to match. So you choose which route you want to take.
This is entirely wrong.

While getting PCC you need to keep following things in mind.

1. You can get PCC from Local police station which takes less time, but those PCC are address specific. Meaning if you have more then one address in EE profile you need to provide PCC for each address.

2. PCC that you get from PSK takes time(3-4 weeks) but are not address specific and which is preferred by IRCC. To get PCC from PSK your current address and passport address doesn't need to match. However you need proof for Current address.

I would advise to apply for PCC from PSK because many people have got rejection by submitting PCC from local police station.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
This is entirely wrong.

While getting PCC you need to keep following things in mind.

1. You can get PCC from Local police station which takes less time, but those PCC are address specific. Meaning if you have more then one address in EE profile you need to provide PCC for each address.

2. PCC that you get from PSK takes time(3-4 weeks) but are not address specific and which is preferred by IRCC. To get PCC from PSK your current address and passport address doesn't need to match. However you need proof for Current address.

I would advise to apply for PCC from PSK because many people have got rejection by submitting PCC from local police station.
Thnx Batman_is_real. That was exhaustive. So a society letter from ADDRESS 1 would be sufficient for getting a PCC from PSK. Or he needs something else as current proof of residence?

Does he also need something in writing from her sister that he resides in her sister's flat.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niravk said:
Thnx Batman_is_real. That was exhaustive. So a society letter from ADDRESS 1 would be sufficient for getting a PCC from PSK. Or he needs something else as current proof of residence?

Does he also need something in writing from her sister that he resides in her sister's flat.
Check with PSK, I guess that should be sufficient, but best thing to do is have address changed on Bank passbook to ADDRESS 1. It won't take much and accepted at most places.

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Batman_is_Real said:
Check with PSK, I guess that should be sufficient, but best thing to do is have address changed on Bank passbook to ADDRESS 1. It won't take much and accepted at most places.
You deserve +1 batman. You are now for real ;) ;)

expressPR

Feb 12, 2016
Hi All,

We got our PCC of our home country in Feb, 2016 but have not visited our home country since then. So technically our PCC is valid right? Because of two reasons:
1. It has not been one year since PCC was issued
2. We have not visited the country since PCC was issued.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
My other query is my spouse has his old passport number on the exsiting PCC but now he has a new passport because his old passport expired. So does he have to get a new PCC with new passport number?
Thanks in advance for all your time and help