Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-2016
LANDED..........
28-02-2017
I'm an American citizen, my husband is a Canadian citizen & an American PR. Our girls [1 &3 years old] were born here in the States but we are planning a move to Canada this fall and want to obtain their citizenship certificates in preparation for that. It seems pretty straight forward but I was wondering if anyone has any tips?

Also, my 3 year old has an American passport which will obviously suffice for her photo ID but my 1 year old does not. Our state [Washington] issues state issue photo ID's...will this suffice? We don't really want to go through the process to get her an American passport right now.

Last thing: what is the timeline for Americans applying for their citizenship certificates?

Thank you!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

julies879 said:
I'm an American citizen, my husband is a Canadian citizen & an American PR. Our girls [1 &3 years old] were born here in the States but we are planning a move to Canada this fall and want to obtain their citizenship certificates in preparation for that. It seems pretty straight forward but I was wondering if anyone has any tips?

Also, my 3 year old has an American passport which will obviously suffice for her photo ID but my 1 year old does not. Our state [Washington] issues state issue photo ID's...will this suffice? We don't really want to go through the process to get her an American passport right now.

Last thing: what is the timeline for Americans applying for their citizenship certificates?

Thank you!
1. Pretty straight forward. You apply for proof of citizenship : www.cic.gc.ca I would give you the exact page, but the site is down. Look under Immigration, then select citizenship. About 6 months or less to process.
2. The Washington ID should be fine.