+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Obligations for PR via Quebec's FSW program ???

donutbox

Aug 7, 2010
If I get a PR via Quebec's FSW program am I actually obligated to live and work in Quebec?

Or can I live and work anywhere else in Canada?

The real reason I am asking is that while I would have genuine intentions of living/working in Quebec the reality is I might be able to get much better opportunities elsewhere in Canada.....should I turn those opportunities.

Also, when some gets PR via Quebec, does the PR card/documents specifically state that the PR is via Quebec?

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
Pls all,
What is the minimum time required for a immigrant under the Quebec scheme to stay in quebec.
What if within the first 1 month of landing in Quebec, he gets a good job oustdie quebec, will be able to take it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Quebec as well as the PNP's make you sign a statement saying you intend to settle in their province. This should be true at the very least at the time you land. If you land outside Quebec you will have to explain to immigration why you are landing outside and how you are planning on going to Quebec. If they are not happy with your answer, they can decide to hold your PR until you go to Quebec immigration and explain things there. If you admit that you do not intend to settle in Quebec they could decide that you don't get your PR at all.

If you have already landed, there is no minimum time and they are currently not checking up on this as far as I know but in case immigration ever starts to check those things, you do not want to make it look like you planned this all along.