+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

bravepeople

Star Member
Feb 15, 2014
canbengal said:
dear bravepeople,
can you please update my details on google docs as well?

applied: mid 2011
pre-test rq: late 2013
test: July 2014
cj approval/granted: July 2014 (atip 1)
transferred to stc: august 2014 (atip 2)
oath: waiting
Sure. Can you write what is the "processing date" of your file (not the submitting date)? Also, the date you returned the RQ to them? Also please mentin the day in which you had the test ( which day in July 2014) ?
Thanks

canbengal

Aug 28, 2014
bravepeople said:
Sure. Can you write what is the "processing date" of your file (not the submitting date)? Also, the date you returned the RQ to them? Also please mentin the day in which you had the test ( which day in July 2014) ?
Thanks
started processing Jan 2012
returned RQ Sep 2013
test date 3 July 2014

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moe... said:
How many documents or what type of documents were requested to be submited in your RQ?
Moe... said:
How many documents or what type of documents were requested to be submited in your RQ?
Hi Moe,

I prepared all the documents myself, except the notarized translation of my passport pages, which had to be done by an authorized agency.

Other than the obvious things they asked in the RQ letter, here is the extra I've dumped to them:

School/Work
1. University transcript from 2007-2012 (unofficial transcript, with course code, time taken, credit, and grades)
2. Internship employment letter 2010-2011, paystubs, as well as the school placement letter and recommendation letter from professor.
3. Graduation invitation in 2012, and photo copy of my degree.
4. Work employment offer 2012 (same company as internship), official employment letter with salary information, paystubs.

Bills/Statements:
1. Cell phone statements/bills from my cell provider (downloaded from online account).
2. CRA notice of assessments from each year (ordered from CRA via phone)
3. Credit card monthly statements (online pdfs)
4. Bank statements (online pdfs)
5. Property purchase agreements, annual property assessments from the city, as well as property tax bills (photo copies)
6. Utility bills (internet, gas and hydro... etc)
7. Automobile purchase, with car loan information

Healthcare/CBSA history:
1. OHIP claim history, ordered from OHIP
2. CBSA entries, ordered frmo CBSA
3. Family doctor provided me a history of my visits during the past few years (include annual body check up, referral to do other exams).

Social work/Charity volunteering:
1. Local charity work and volunteering documents (yes, with photos printed out)
2. Donation receipts

Basically, I tried to think reversely, and asked "what documents can show that I physically live here, and am willing to live here in a foreseeable future", then, the list above is the result (If I knew ahead the reason they wanted the RQ, I would not have threw that much of paper...).

I hope I didnt get into too much of detail and bored you. Cheers

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
powerpc said:
Hi Moe,

I prepared all the documents myself, except the notarized translation of my passport pages, which had to be done by an authorized agency.

Other than the obvious things they asked in the RQ letter, here is the extra I've dumped to them:

School/Work
1. University transcript from 2007-2012 (unofficial transcript, with course code, time taken, credit, and grades)
2. Internship employment letter 2010-2011, paystubs, as well as the school placement letter and recommendation letter from professor.
3. Graduation invitation in 2012, and photo copy of my degree.
4. Work employment offer 2012 (same company as internship), official employment letter with salary information, paystubs.

Bills/Statements:
1. Cell phone statements/bills from my cell provider (downloaded from online account).
2. CRA notice of assessments from each year (ordered from CRA via phone)
3. Credit card monthly statements (online pdfs)
4. Bank statements (online pdfs)
5. Property purchase agreements, annual property assessments from the city, as well as property tax bills (photo copies)
6. Utility bills (internet, gas and hydro... etc)
7. Automobile purchase, with car loan information

Healthcare/CBSA history:
1. OHIP claim history, ordered from OHIP
2. CBSA entries, ordered frmo CBSA
3. Family doctor provided me a history of my visits during the past few years (include annual body check up, referral to do other exams).

Social work/Charity volunteering:
1. Local charity work and volunteering documents (yes, with photos printed out)
2. Donation receipts

Basically, I tried to think reversely, and asked "what documents can show that I physically live here, and am willing to live here in a foreseeable future", then, the list above is the result (If I knew ahead the reason they wanted the RQ, I would not have threw that much of paper...).

I hope I didnt get into too much of detail and bored you. Cheers
Great job, I think you did an excellent job to silence the CIC by sending all the details. Otherwise, CIC would have come back to you asking 4 different things one after other to waste another 4 years.

If the CIC is serious and has good intentions to quickly process. They should ask with original application details such as Health Card records, Taxes Paid for past years, Employment History, Rent / House taxes and Utility bills to quickly screen & expeditiously process files.

However, it looks more like CIC is intentionally dragging things for years on one or other pretext to implement some hidden demographic agenda.

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Great job, I think you did an excellent job to silence the CIC by sending all the details. Otherwise, CIC would have come back to you asking 4 different things one after other to waste another 4 years.

If the CIC is serious and has good intentions to quickly process. They should ask with original application details such as Health Card records, Taxes Paid for past years, Employment History, Rent / House taxes and Utility bills to quickly screen & expeditiously process files.

However, it looks more like CIC is intentionally dragging things for years on one or other pretext to implement some hidden demographic agenda.
Hi,

I think you have a point: it's the way how people defer work.

Because of the work I do in a corporation, I know how people defer their work, by putting a status of "pending" in a case.

To illustrate, assume CIC is also a corporation, and it has a target or business goal to meet, quarterly, or annually (I think a budget year is better term). With the limited human resource they have, it's hard to meet such a target, that's why they have a huge backlog each year.

If everything goes smoothly in a case, "for consistency and timeliness, officers are instructed to make their decision within 60 days." [The Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, 2014, Section 14]. That gives pressures to any citizenship judge.

The only way to get around that is, by putting your status in a stage where it's not up to CIC to speed it up. For example, "pending documents from applicant", "pending review for follow-up documents by CIC staff", or "no response from applicant" and etc. That, they can safely put those cases to the "backlog pipe", and no upper management will raise concerns on those cases, because it's not CIC's fault that they are delayed. (I also believe that this is the reason why they have time frame for "non-routine" case.)

It's just my personal opinion and feeling, I don't have any solid evidence to back my thought on that.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
powerpc said:
Hi,

I think you have a point: it's the way how people defer work.

Because of the work I do in a corporation, I know how people defer their work, by putting a status of "pending" in a case.

To illustrate, assume CIC is also a corporation, and it has a target or business goal to meet, quarterly, or annually (I think a budget year is better term). With the limited human resource they have, it's hard to meet such a target, that's why they have a huge backlog each year.

If everything goes smoothly in a case, "for consistency and timeliness, officers are instructed to make their decision within 60 days." [The Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act, 2014, Section 14]. That gives pressures to any citizenship judge.

The only way to get around that is, by putting your status in a stage where it's not up to CIC to speed it up. For example, "pending documents from applicant", "pending review for follow-up documents by CIC staff", or "no response from applicant" and etc. That, they can safely put those cases to the "backlog pipe", and no upper management will raise concerns on those cases, because it's not CIC's fault that they are delayed. (I also believe that this is the reason why they have time frame for "non-routine" case.)

It's just my personal opinion and feeling, I don't have any solid evidence to back my thought on that.
Very good points there. Well put. However private entities are different from government entities in the sense that they are responsible to the stakeholders and share-holders and what not and as such they can't fool around. Whereas a messed up govt entity like the one run by Conservative MP/Min Chris Alexander is by no means responsible for anything and can screw us over.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
powerpc said:
CIC is a business and it is a corporation (government corporation). It is a business by all means. Number of refugees accepted is much lower than number of other immigrants to Canada. And Canada needs the immigration business for it's economy to roll ahead and it's population to be stable. A new immigrant produces much much more than the government gives him/her over their life. So, this is a business in all sense. Also, the application fees paid covers all salaries of the immigration officers - there is no charity here.

addu123

Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Applied March 2012
started processing Dec 2012
RQ received on March 2013
sent additional docs travel history and Tax assessments in March 2014
Still waiting to hear for judge deicision, test and oath.
there will be further delay to tranfer my file from St clair (black hole) to Quebec

very unfortunate to apply in 2012 only tavel I have was for work for six months to middle east that must be their flag eventhough I provided compnay letter. I am really frustrated and disappointed with the whole CIC business. They gave us hard time for my wife also which thankfully was over 2 months ago after 2 year ordeal. Now my case is stuck for such a long time eventhough I provided all the proofs required.

powerpc

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
addu123 said:
Applied March 2012
there will be further delay to tranfer my file from St clair (black hole) to Quebec

very unfortunate to apply in 2012 only tavel I have was for work for six months to middle east that must be their flag eventhough I provided compnay letter. I am really frustrated and disappointed with the whole CIC business. They gave us hard time for my wife also which thankfully was over 2 months ago after 2 year ordeal. Now my case is stuck for such a long time eventhough I provided all the proofs required.
Hello There,

If I were you, I would throw more documentation of the six-month work travel in the middle east. Such as the conferences with timestamps, description, attendees and host information. The purpose is to give them a very detailed and clear idea of what you do there, to demonstrate it was pure work and business (as long as the employer is a recognized Canadian entity). Also, there is one more thing I would provide, which is the "No conviction record" during your stay in the country you travelled, because of the length is relatively long, you don't want them to concern (I learned this through applications for my girlfriend's CEC PR application, CIC requests no conviction record if one stayed outside of Canada for a time period longer than 6 months, inclusive).

What you can do is, you can request an ATIP report, and see what the stage is, for your case. Sometimes you may spot out important notes in an ATIP. If it indicates that CIC officers have concerns on something, don't hesitate to prepare those documentation, and send them in before they request them.

I would do thing in that fashion, but others in this forum may have a different opinion.

Cheers,

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
addu123 said:
Applied March 2012

Remember there is gonna be a federal election next year and you'll be a citizen. We will Vote wisely and throw the Conservative bums out.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Addu123.... I have see your time line and unfortunately my time line and your

is almost similar... applied January 2012... in process May 2012...

Resident questionnaire March 2013... Replied April 2013... since than

no progress in the file. applied three time atip report showing no progress.

today received the Minister Message that they have issue 50,000 citizenship from

August - October 15...Wow... but we are still unfortunate, have given them

tonnes of papers ...hope your journey and my journey will be over soon..

ALane

Aug 2, 2014
My Timeline again:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 15, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a letter on October 9, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The last notification is in response to a letter that I sent to CIC in September. I had to do this because currently I am not living in Canada and therefore I can't even call CIC. I inquired about the delay in the processing of my application as more than 8 months has already passed since my Test. In the letter, they just say that my file is in a queue to be picked up by a citizenship officer and be evaluated. Essentially they have not touched my file since the time of the citizenship test. But, at least, they showed some courtesy to send me a reply.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Alane... My time line and story is almost the same.. but I am waiting since January 2012

now almost 34 months and whenever I call I get the same answer your case is

still in processing time... let hope for the best out come soon....

RQ2012

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
ALane said:
My Timeline again:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 10, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 15, 2013.

4. We sent you a notice on January 20, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

5. We sent you a letter on October 9, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The last notification is in response to a letter that I sent to CIC in September. I had to do this because currently I am not living in Canada and therefore I can't even call CIC. I inquired about the delay in the processing of my application as more than 8 months has already passed since my Test. In the letter, they just say that my file is in a queue to be picked up by a citizenship officer and be evaluated. Essentially they have not touched my file since the time of the citizenship test. But, at least, they showed some courtesy to send me a reply.
ALane, it is past eight months since the test. That's too long and sounds a bit scary.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ALane said:
You can request ATIP report and find out whats going on with your file. It will give you an idea where your file is right now and may or may not push it towards Oath.