File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
poetseth said:
Folks,

Just called the CIC. My test was Feb 07th, I was informed that my file was not even touched after the Test. When they apply their "timeline-tool" it says October 2015 (although he did say it is likely before that).

:(

thanks
That's sad. I hope he is wrong and we all get something soon

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Hey oathie, Did you call CIC lately?

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
siki said:
That's sad. I hope he is wrong and we all get something soon
oath dates are not based on when you guys sent your application or RQ.

with all the evidences we so far have, the oath date is being scheduled based on the exact date you took test and had interview.

we are clearly seeing people are getting oath from January 27,28,29,30 and recently 31.
this routine strongly tells us that CIC is scheduling oath based on test dates.

my test was February 10 and we all been told to wait 2-3 month.

my point is, please keep your hopes up, have faith and your big smile is on its way.

I promise you all :)

comestai

Mar 6, 2014
I guess we keep getting Oath letters by this/next week for early April oath dates. I passed my test on Feb 12th and waiting. :(

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My wife wrote her test in Scarborough on 18th Feb 2014 and she got her oath date as 22nd March 2014 with letter dated 10th March

poetseth

Mar 5, 2014
BalajiR said:
My wife wrote her test in Scarborough on 18th Feb 2014 and she got her oath date as 22nd March 2014 with letter dated 10th March
To confirm... Her test was in Scarborough right? Not ST CLAiR... I think most cases in this thread is St. Clair exam after RQ

Kimo74

Mar 8, 2014
Kimo74 said:
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 15, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 15, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 21, 2013.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 14, 2014 St. Claire office

RQ sent to CIC Oct. 2013
Hi guys, I will have my test on March 14th, I called the CIC to see what is the status of my RQ, the rep. Advised me that my RQ had some verifications done and some are not done yet. I decided to call again three days later to ask what was verified and what was not as my test is coming very soon, so the other rep. Told me I can see that your background is done but there is "hold" on your file as we still need to do more analsys on your RQ and remember that the none routine file may take up 36 month ! And he refused to tell me what other verifications they need to do ! I'm not sure what did he mean by hold and why they would call me for a test while my RQ is not done yet ... Does anyone have an idea ? Thx guys

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Kimo74 said:
Hi guys, I will have my test on March 14th, I called the CIC to see what is the status of my RQ, the rep. Advised me that my RQ had some verifications done and some are not done yet. I decided to call again three days later to ask what was verified and what was not as my test is coming very soon, so the other rep. Told me I can see that your background is done but there is "hold" on your file as we still need to do more analsys on your RQ and remember that the none routine file may take up 36 month ! And he refused to tell me what other verifications they need to do ! I'm not sure what did he mean by hold and why they would call me for a test while my RQ is not done yet ... Does anyone have an idea ? Thx guys
the full assessment of your RQ will be done after you had your interview with the officer . The officer will ask you questions , verifies your identity , trips , passports and takes some notes .. they are taking notes , and will forward to the judge . the judge go through the notes that officer writes about your file ... only after that stage : your file either goes for oath or further verification in which most likely means hearing.

bill C-24 is making the decision making process more simple by taking citizenship judges out of picture . that means all cases will be verified and assessed by the officers . the bill is not passed yet but my impression is that CIC is trying to reduce the backlogs , therefore, they are not referring any more files to the judges these days ...

my point is that , these days , everything is being done more systematically and more efficiently.

I also called CIC last November , and I have been told that my background checks are done , i got notice to prepare in December , and notice to appear in January . I had my test on feb 10 .
I called CIC yesterday , and I have been told that nothing is done on my file after the test . she said that CIC did not even put my test result into the system .

my impression is that January's files been reviewed by judges at st Clair , and their approval letters been sent to Scarborough.
there is no update on my file , and that is because my file has yet to be reviewed by judge .

so far , we haven't seen any oath letter for those who took their tests in February , and we all been told by call center that nothing is done after we had test .

Kimo74

Mar 8, 2014
freebird3000 said:
the full assessment of your RQ will be done after you had your interview with the officer . The officer will ask you questions , verifies your identity , trips , passports and takes some notes .. they are taking notes , and will forward to the judge . the judge go through the notes that officer writes about your file ... only after that stage : your file either goes for oath or further verification in which most likely means hearing.

bill C-24 is making the decision making process more simple by taking citizenship judges out of picture . that means all cases will be verified and assessed by the officers . the bill is not passed yet but my impression is that CIC is trying to reduce the backlogs , therefore, they are not referring any more files to the judges these days ...

my point is that , these days , everything is being done more systematically and more efficiently.

I also called CIC last November , and I have been told that my background checks are done , i got notice to prepare in December , and notice to appear in January . I had my test on feb 10 .
I called CIC yesterday , and I have been told that nothing is done on my file after the test . she said that CIC did not even put my test result into the system .

my impression is that January's files been reviewed by judges at st Clair , and their approval letters been sent to Scarborough.
there is no update on my file , and that is because my file has yet to be reviewed by judge .

so far , we haven't seen any oath letter for those who took their tests in February , and we all been told by call center that nothing is done after we had test .
Thank you very much for your reply so I am mostly in thr normal process, may I ask what is C-24 ?

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Kimo74 said:
Thank you very much for your reply so I am mostly in thr normal process, may I ask what is C-24 ?
Hi

please refer to this link :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bill-c24

canadiansoon

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
My timeline is below. Who has similar timeline? Any insight on what I should/should not expect?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2012.

2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 11, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3. We started processing your application on February 20, 2013.

I received RQ in August 2013 and submitted it.

4. We sent you a notice on January 24, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 18, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Best of luck to all!