Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Next oath on Wednesday April 25, 2018 ...
April 23rd also

Notre-Dame De Grâce (Montréal)
    Address:
    5851 Somerled Avenue
    Notre-Dame De Grâce, Quebec, H3X 2A5
    Date:
    Monday April 23, 2018
    Time:
    10:30 AM
    Open to the public:
    Yes

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
RQ (copies of passports, Contracts, Rents...) I have no idea at alll :-( maybe I have changed province?maybe I have stayed home 6months last year? I have been in Canada since 2007!!! I have more then enough days!!!
I feel you man. But don't worry. My understanding is that you did not get the full-blown RQ. Which is a good thing. It's frustrating that you got it after the test while you were expecting the oath invitation instead. But on the bright side, most RQs now are not taking as long as they did a couple of years ago. And in some cases it only took a few weeks after submitting the required document before a decision was made. You did what was requested from you. Unless there is something completely suspicious about your case, I'm sure you will hear some good news in a few weeks.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
I feel you man. But don't worry. My understanding is that you did not get the full-blown RQ. Which is a good thing. It's frustrating that you got it after the test while you were expecting the oath invitation instead. But on the bright side, most RQs now are not taking as long as they did a couple of years ago. And in some cases it only took a few weeks after submitting the required document before a decision was made. You did what was requested from you. Unless there is something completely suspicious about your case, I'm sure you will hear some good news in a few weeks.
Thanks so much my friends!! you got it!!! it was such a pain when u expect one thing and end up with another.. LIke you said not the worst!!! I can prove trillions of ways I live here :D never had any troubles with any law whatsoever. I have NEXUS since PR...
Maybe my file is just too good to be true :p and they triple check.. which is I am ok with... just don't take too long
Good luck to you my friend as well!! and thx again.

Reactions: paulvoyer

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Thanks so much my friends!! you got it!!! it was such a pain when u expect one thing and end up with another.. LIke you said not the worst!!! I can prove trillions of ways I live here :D never had any troubles with any law whatsoever. I have NEXUS since PR...
Maybe my file is just too good to be true :p and they triple check.. which is I am ok with... just don't take too long
Good luck to you my friend as well!! and thx again.
@vancouverbc2013
Like you, I also got RQ Lite 0520: my interview was on March 13th in Montreal but I was told right away that the officer will send me the letter for extra info. She was extremely nice and she also told me that she will approve the case once she sees the extra docs. Yet when I asked when that would happen, she said they have a large backlog and she cant promis a time. My reply to her letter was received on Apr 3rd. If you like, I will update you on when I would see DM. You could likely do the same :) I am not in a rush though. They are already behind for DMs in Montreal since Feb. our cases will at least add an extra month or 2 (maybe more). Good luck!

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
@vancouverbc2013
Like you, I also got RQ Lite 0520: my interview was on March 13th in Montreal but I was told right away that the officer will send me the letter for extra info. She was extremely nice and she also told me that she will approve the case once she sees the extra docs. Yet when I asked when that would happen, she said they have a large backlog and she cant promis a time. My reply to her letter was received on Apr 3rd. If you like, I will update you on when I would see DM. You could likely do the same :) I am not in a rush though. They are already behind for DMs in Montreal since Feb. our cases will at least add an extra month or 2 (maybe more). Good luck!
ok have you receivied the RQ request ,, or she gave it to you in the spot ???

Hitnake

Feb 9, 2018
Hi,

For your info I just received notice to appear to take the oath for citizenship on April 25th (mtl). Test passed on Feb 7th, DM on Feb 9th (my wife remained IP till today when DM appeared on the ECAS).

Thanks
Congrats! Did you receive the notice yesterday or today?

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
@vancouverbc2013
Thank you so much for your reply and positivity!
Yes pls! Let’s keep in touch.
I wish I could feel the same way ☺ I am so anxious! Good luck my friend!! Thx again for your kind reply

Reactions: gino007

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
finally finally the oath invitation was sent by email yesterday in order to attend the oath session on 04/25/2018 ,, however on E-case when I open it today it is showing as if they sent me this invitation on 04/10/2018 ,, so I was updated one day late ,, I don't know why ,, but anyway I am so close to get done with this ,, so happy that I will never do anything with IRCC anymore in my life