+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhadf80 said:
gangrat . when was your examen ? and did you had RQ before test ?
My examen was in Feb, 28th and I had RQ before test.

See my timeline in my signature.

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
Congratulations!!!!!! These are great news, so happy for you!!!
And I'd like to thank you so much, montrealia! :D
You've helped a lot! ;)
And finally, it's over. ;D

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Donizinho said:

ok thanks . I had RQ one year ago and I passed the examen on was 6 of march . I called so many time they told me we will send you interview about residint quetioniar . but I had RQ , I don't know why they will send me interview again I had on travel to my country for 55 days . ok good luck my friend

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Donizinho said:

do you have any idea ?

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhadf80 said:
ok thanks . I had RQ one year ago and I passed the examen on was 6 of march . I called so many time they told me we will send you interview about residint quetioniar . but I had RQ , I don't know why they will send me interview again I had on travel to my country for 55 days . ok good luck my friend
No, sorry, I don't have any idea what it means!
Why don't you order GCMS notes, via ATIP, so maybe you can see what's happenning on your file?

Good luck!

princesspb

Jul 19, 2012
Here are my details. A looooooooooooooooong process. January 2011 Application received.

Waiting for Invitation to Oath Ceremony, I would anticipate something 9/2014 or 10/2014 based on what I was told at Interview.

Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 20, 2011.

We started processing your application on January 20, 2012.

We sent you a letter on January 20, 2012.

We sent you a notice on April 5, 2012 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 24, 2012 at 8:30 AM.
(I asked to reschedule and got the dreaded RQ letter)

We sent you a letter on July 16, 2012. (This was RQ Request)

We sent you a notice on May 29, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM. (Got a perfect score and had an interview)

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I'm glad that some of my posts were helpful, Donizinho and Liberte3001. But mostly I'm very happy that you two are done!!!

farhadf80: could it be that CIC is scheduling you for an interview with a judge? Have you ordered notes via ATIP?

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
montrealia said:
I'm glad that some of my posts were helpful, Donizinho and Liberte3001. But mostly I'm very happy that you two are done!!!

farhadf80: could it be that CIC is scheduling you for an interview with a judge? Have you ordered notes via ATIP?
Montrealia thanks you very much thank you. No I didn't order the Atip I don't know what's that. But I called 7 times to cic. 5 times different answer and 2 times the agent told me you passed the test and we will send you interview. I asked why she told me resident questioniar. Even I had Rq about one year ago. I don't know what's happened with my case? Montrealia thanks for your helpe

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:

Montrealia, me too!! Finally, we're done!

:D :D :D :D :D

colmont

May 28, 2014
Hi farhadf80, this post in another forum describes the request of ATIP //secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16379&title=atip-requests-instructions-and-insights

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
farhadf80 said:
Montrealia thanks you very much thank you. No I didn't order the Atip I don't know what's that. But I called 7 times to cic. 5 times different answer and 2 times the agent told me you passed the test and we will send you interview. I asked why she told me resident questioniar. Even I had Rq about one year ago. I don't know what's happened with my case? Montrealia thanks for your helpe

If you want to dispell doubts regarding contradicting reports from the call centre, the best thing for you is to order GCMS electronic notes via ATIP.

GCMS notes are an electronic system that has CIC for recording what happens with your file. Each time some action is taken such as invitation for test, oath, judge approval, etc, that action is (supposed to be) recorded in the system. This has way much more information than ecas.

Basically, the call centre agents read GCMS notes when you call them. But these notes have lots of info and it's hard for them to read and tell you something in a few seconds while you are waiting on the other side of the phone line. I think this is the main reason why they often say different things, because they need to choose where to focus when they read the notes.

I'm going to copy and paste my old post here:

The good news is that you can access those notes by means of the access to information and privacy (ATIP). The bad news is that it takes one month between you make the request and the notes reach you. For more information.

To order GCMS notes via ATIP:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

and choose electronic files.

Also, follow colmont's link to get more information...

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyrus71 said:
Hi
I would like to know what's ATIP? and what's GCMS? Not easy to guess acronym :)
How did you asked? by call? by letter? ...
Thanks
No need to do that! Today I received invitation letter for oath ceremony :D
So Even if last week they told me that the judge did not decide yet !! ( 2 weeks ago they have said the judge approved!)
Any way, happy to see end of this process coming.
I hope same for all of you.
Good Luck