+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
Thank you Donizinho and hoping_canadian.

COPR= confirmation of permanent residence. It's a generic name for the form that is given to you the day you become a permanent resident. In my case it was IMM5292, but you may have gotten different forms, depending on when you landed.
uhhh ok i dont have it coz i landed PR in Toronto

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
uhhh ok i dont have it coz i landed PR in Toronto
Are you saying that the only document that you have as a PR is your PR card? Is this the only document that you sent in your application as proof of PR?

I landed in Toronto as well...

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
Are you saying that the only document that you have as a PR is your PR card? Is this the only document that you sent in your application as proof of PR?

I landed in Toronto as well...
I have a visa on my passport and i also have a travel documents in my passport

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Donizinho said:
I've just ordered GCMS notes via ATIP as you said, montrealia.
Let's see what's gonna tell us when it arrives.

Thanks for your help! Let's keep fingers crossed and hope for the best! :)
Hi
I would like to know what's ATIP? and what's GCMS? Not easy to guess acronym :)
How did you asked? by call? by letter? ...
Thanks

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
I have a visa on my passport and i also have a travel documents in my passport
Well, that travel document in your passport is probably your COPR.

cyrus71 said:
Hi
I would like to know what's ATIP? and what's GCMS? Not easy to guess acronym :)
How did you asked? by call? by letter? ...
Thanks

GCMS notes are an electronic system that has CIC for recording what happens with your file. Each time some action is taken such as invitation for test, oath, judge approval, etc, that action is (supposed to be) recorded in the system. This has way much more information than ecas.

The good news is that you can access those notes by means of the access to information and privacy (ATIP). The bad news is that it takes one month between you make the request and the notes reach you. For more information.

To order GCMS notes via ATIP:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
montrealia said:
Well, that travel document in your passport is probably your COPR.

GCMS notes are an electronic system that has CIC for recording what happens with your file. Each time some action is taken such as invitation for test, oath, judge approval, etc, that action is (supposed to be) recorded in the system. This has way much more information than ecas.

The good news is that you can access those notes by means of the access to information and privacy (ATIP). The bad news is that it takes one month between you make the request and the notes reach you. For more information.

To order GCMS notes via ATIP:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/DEPARTMENT/atip/index.asp
Very helpful information you gave
Thanks

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyrus71 said:
Very helpful information you gave
Thanks
Is there any advantage getting this stuff? I mean if they knew that we have this access, will it help us to speed up the process?(just wondering)

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
hoping_canadian said:
Is there any advantage getting this stuff? I mean if they knew that we have this access, will it help us to speed up the process?(just wondering)
No, it doesn't accelerate the process.

Its only purpose is to answer questions for the people who are concerned with the processing of their files. It is, indeed, the best way to know what's happening with the file (much better than call centre). It is specially useful for checking the status of the security clearances, for example.

If your file has been in process for a long time, and/or if any step is taking more time than expected, ordering notes by ATIP is one of the first things you can do. Another one is contacting your MP. Once you have information, you can decide if some action is required from your side (such as sending a formal letter to CIC, contacting a lawyer for advice, etc).

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Maybe I should also add that getting GCMS notes by ATIP is free (or costs 5 dollars, depending on how you order them.)

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, we've got an update!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

After 5 months and 11 days today we received the oath invitation letter for ceremony on Aug 29th. :)

The letter was posted Aug 6th (one day after we ordered GMCS notes) and the oath will happen 34 months after we sent the application.

Thank you so much for your help and we still hope for the best for those that didn't receive the letter so far. It will arrive, don't lose your faith!

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Donizinho said:

After 5 months and 11 days today we received the oath invitation letter for ceremony on Aug 29th. :)

The letter was posted Aug 6th (one day after we ordered GMCS notes) and the oath will happen 34 months after we send the application.

Thank you so murch for your help and we still hope for the best for those that didn't receive the letter so far. It will arrive, don't lose your faith!
Congratulations!!!!!! These are great news, so happy for you!!!

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
Donizinho said:

The letter was posted Aug 6th (one day after we ordered GMCS notes) and the oath will happen 34 months after we send the application.

Thank you so murch for your help and we still hope for the best for those that didn't receive the letter so far. It will arrive, don't lose your faith!
gangrat . when was your examen ? and did you had RQ before test ?