+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at Montreal Office

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday, my husband called CIC and the agent said that our file was approved since march (one month after our test) but we have to wait until october (when we are going to have 36 months) .
If we don't receive any oath letter until then, we should call again and they will contact local office (Montreal) to send a note asking why they didnt send us the invitation.

So, we have to wait, wait... :(

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Donizinho said:
Yesterday, my husband called CIC and the agent said that our file was approved since march (one month after our test) but we have to wait until october (when we are going to have 36 months) .
If we don't receive any oath letter until then, we should call again and they will contact local office (Montreal) to send a note asking why they didnt send us the invitation.

So, we have to wait, wait... :(
Call center agents say random things. I bet you can get a different answer if you call tomorrow and talk to a different person. In my case, because I passed the 36 month mark shortly after the test, they kept saying that I had to wait 6 months after the test or after the file was approved or until October (it varied with the agent). I think you should call again when you get the 6 month after the test mark, and again when it's 6 months after the file was approved.

If I were you, I'd order ATIP to find out exactly when the file was approved and to make sure that the only thing that remains is, in fact, the oath invitation.

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
montrealia said:
Call center agents say random things. I bet you can get a different answer if you call tomorrow and talk to a different person. In my case, because I passed the 36 month mark shortly after the test, they kept saying that I had to wait 6 months after the test or after the file was approved or until October (it varied with the agent). I think you should call again when you get the 6 month after the test mark, and again when it's 6 months after the file was approved.

If I were you, I'd order ATIP to find out exactly when the file was approved and to make sure that the only thing that remains is, in fact, the oath invitation.
I think so as well. I got always different answer, once they told me your file s approved. Another time they told me , we can not see file approval at all; we just can see whether you passed the test. Another agent told me that not all files have to be approved by the CJ.
In regard to time to oath, one agent told me 1-3 months another told me 2-4 months, another told me till 6 months. And last one told me it might take to 24 months.

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But, that's the only thing that all agents said the same, every time we called, since april: your file was aproved by the judge.

Sometimes they said we have ti wait until 6 months after test, sometimes they said that we have to wait until october (36 months) and sometimes they said that we are on the waiting line for the oath ceremony. But they always said that we were aproved by the judge.

Is it possible that they are (different agents) lying all the times?

montrealia

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Donizinho said:
But, that's the only thing that all agents said the same, every time we called, since april: your file was aproved by the judge.

Sometimes they said we have ti wait until 6 months after test, sometimes they said that we have to wait until october (36 months) and sometimes they said that we are on the waiting line for the oath ceremony. But they always said that we were aproved by the judge.

Is it possible that they are (different agents) lying all the times?
I don't think they lie. I just think that there is a lot of room for misunderstanding. Plus, it must be really hard to have to look at the GCMS notes of a random file you've never seen before for just 30 seconds or less under the pressure of the person on the other side of the phone who is asking you questions about it.

In your case, if several agents confirmed that your file was approved, then I'm pretty sure this must be the case. Still, I think it wouldn't hurt for you to get GCMS notes via ATIP to see if everything is in order with your file. It's free and it will put you in a better position for asking the right questions to the call centre agents.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Montrealers,
I got an update.

I called yesterday and the agent was like: "Congratulations, your application has been approved on July 11 and you've been granted the citizenship. You'll have to wait for an update from CIC for the oath date".

I am on cloud 9 people! So happy. I am hoping to get the oath this month. I know there is a ceremony on Aug 15 but nothing later posted on the website.

Update on oath date to follow :)

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
farrous13 said:
Hi Montrealers,
I got an update.

I called yesterday and the agent was like: "Congratulations, your application has been approved on July 11 and you've been granted the citizenship. You'll have to wait for an update from CIC for the oath date".

I am on cloud 9 people! So happy. I am hoping to get the oath this month. I know there is a ceremony on Aug 15 but nothing later posted on the website.

Update on oath date to follow :)
My test date was also on the 28th May. I hope to receive a response soon. I have called CIC, but the agent has not told me whether my file s approved or not. She just told me we see that you passed the test.

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I called CIC this morning. I told to the agent that I passed the exam 2 months ago and I would like to know Judge decision concerning my application.
He told me that my citizenship request has been accepted and I have to wait 1 to 6 months for oath.
I asked him again: did the judge approve? and the agent said yes.

I hope he gave me correct information.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyrus71 said:
Hi,

I called CIC this morning. I told to the agent that I passed the exam 2 months ago and I would like to know Judge decision concerning my application.
He told me that my citizenship request has been accepted and I have to wait 1 to 6 months for oath.
I asked him again: did the judge approve? and the agent said yes.

I hope he gave me correct information.
Hi Cyrus, congrats. But how come they are working today? wasn't today a holiday?

Pureminded

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Hi Cyrus, congrats. But how come they are working today? wasn't today a holiday?
Holiday everywhere in Canada except Quebec and Yukon ;)

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should CIC website (ECAS) be updated with such information like Citizenship approved ? or it will show only when you are called for oath?
The agent told me the file has been approved but I don't see any information about that in ECAS.

stefan80

Jul 23, 2014
cyrus71 said:
Should CIC website (ECAS) be updated with such information like Citizenship approved ? or it will show only when you are called for oath?
The agent told me the file has been approved but I don't see any information about that in ECAS.
No , ecas just update when you will receive an oath invitation.
you re lucky, the agent has even told me that your file has been accepted by the judge.

cyrus71

Jul 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stefan80 said:
No , ecas just update when you will receive an oath invitation.
you re lucky, the agent has even told me that your file has been accepted by the judge.
He said up to 6 months to receive oath invitation! What are they doing once file is approved? Is there any security or other checking? Setting a ceremony date should not take 6 months!

Donizinho

Star Member
Apr 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cyrus71 said:
He said up to 6 months to receive oath invitation! What are they doing once file is approved? Is there any security or other checking? Setting a ceremony date should not take 6 months!
That's it!
The agents said that our file was approved on March but we still waiting for the oath...