+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath status updated today (Nov 09) with Oath date in the past (Oct 26) - anyone else experienced this?

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
@CaBeaver Agree with you ! There is a lot of room to improve yet for IRCC. But from my last ~9 yrs in Canada I saw lots of improvement tho in IRCC system, as that said I think, most of the government sector waster lots of money and time.
You would think a country like Canada that accepts 100Ks immigrants a year would optimize a working system sooner. They are improving, but slowly, to changes. It took them 10 months to develop the online test. The incentives are very low to improve faster.

Reactions: mandhaata

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
@mandhaata any update for you ? I also got same issue, please check:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-oath-confusing-status-please-help.749504/

BTW, I called IRCC yesterday and they mention wait for invitation email, but they didn't say why and what that glitch is about. I was not 100% satisfied with the answer. Maybe I will try to call them tomorrow again just to confirm. And on call try this tree - "3 4 0" but yes it take few attempt to get connect with them.
Did you receive any further update? Have you checked your eCAS status and does it show any additional information?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Did you receive any further update? Have you checked your eCAS status and does it show any additional information?
No update - on eCAS its says Decision Made (nothing after we sent notice for citizenship test). And no update on cst-ssc.apps.
Anything for you ?

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
No update - on eCAS its says Decision Made (nothing after we sent notice for citizenship test). And no update on cst-ssc.apps.
Anything for you ?
No good update. An ugly one though; they gave us a shocker on email.

One of the emails they responded to, they said "There is no error on our part. You were scheduled for your Oath ceremony on Oct 26"
And this is so wrong, they had continued to tell us always that our applications are in queue for oath ceremony. They gave us that update even on November 05th.

And then on November 9th we saw that they made an update on our tracker on Nov 08 with a past Oath date.
Its a circus minus the fun!

• Wow
Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

One of the emails they responded to, they said "There is no error on our part. You were scheduled for your Oath ceremony on Oct 26"
And this is so wrong, they had continued to tell us always that our applications are in queue for oath ceremony. They gave us that update even on November 05th.

And then on November 9th we saw that they made an update on our tracker on Nov 08 with a past Oath date.
This is not a joke if they say there was no error on their side. Make a screenshot of the tracker and show them.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
This is not a joke if they say there was no error on their side. Make a screenshot of the tracker and show them.
I did send that. Also some screenshots from our earlier email follow-ups with them where they told us we were in Queue.
No response to that email as yet.

Even our MP reached out to IRCC on November 03 and she was told that these applications are in the queue.
And now IRCC says that we were scheduled on October 26.

I am sure they are saying so just by looking at the tracker which was updated with a date in the past.
Its such a nightmare!!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I did send that. Also some screenshots from our earlier email follow-ups with them where they told us we were in Queue.
No response to that email as yet.

Even our MP reached out to IRCC on November 03 and she was told that these applications are in the queue.
And now IRCC says that we were scheduled on October 26.

I am sure they are saying so just by looking at the tracker which was updated with a date in the past.
Its such a nightmare!!
Yes keep everything with dates on record in case they insist and want to challenge you. I hope they will admit they made a mistake and fix this for you.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

o boy. sorry about that.
and on a lighter note, it is fun if you don't take it seriously. it just amazes me when they pull something like this out of the hat.

Last edited:

jamezmoran

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
16-11-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01-2017
LANDED..........
04-03-2017
Don’t listen to them when they blame it on the tracker. The tracker doesn’t arbitrarily make random dates up, an actual person 100% entered it incorrectly into the system.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
Finally received another email where IRCC confirmed that we are scheduled for Nov 26th and that we should receive our Oath invite emails soon.
Phew!! what an emotional roller-coaster :)
Congratulations @mandhaata that is a real roller-coaster. I am still waiting for that email (hopefully tomorrow).

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Congratulations @mandhaata that is a real roller-coaster. I am still waiting for that email (hopefully tomorrow).
There was one more person who I was in touch with via Facebook. I had been prompting him as well to send emails to Mississauga office about this discrepancy and he also received correction email earlier today (around 1 hr after ours).

Wish you too all the best!!
Hope this gets sorted out for all of us.