+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath status updated today (Nov 09) with Oath date in the past (Oct 26) - anyone else experienced this?

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
Did you receive a new email about the Oath invite? If not, that probably just means they made a note about your absence or your rescheduling request in your tracker, but not trying to reschedule you yet.
This was the first time ever I got an update on my tracker for Oath. There isnt any absence or missed oath or reschedule request.

Vjs90

Oct 22, 2021
This is my Original Oath date (October 26th). Tracker updated today.

I am 100% sure that the officer might have intended to schedule us for November 26th but accidentally chose October 26th.
And now I am left with this mess of a situation to deal with.

Emailed them already, sent a webform as well.
Not sure what else we can do.

@rajkamalmohanram - need your attention as well. Did you notice this with any other applicant? Any clues or any recommended next best steps?
I also don't have any update for my application. There is no way to contact them except webform.
Can you please tell me when did the status change as Completed for all your tasks. And after how many days after did you receive an Oath email. Is it suppose to say Decision made or do we receive an oath request just after it says Completed for all tasks

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
I also don't have any update for my application. There is no way to contact them except webform.
Can you please tell me when did the status change as Completed for all your tasks. And after how many days after did you receive an Oath email. Is it suppose to say Decision made or do we receive an oath request just after it says Completed for all tasks
We are September 2019 applicants, wrote our tests in April 2021 (more than 18 months after submission of applications) then all other checks were completed in July 2021 and then yesterday happened this new debacle (they updated our Oath for a past date).

Now overall, it’s been 26 months plus since submitting the applications, 7 months plus since writing the tests and almost 4 months since all other checks were completed.

and we are in a worse situation than ever - our tracker shows that we received an invitation for oath on Nov 08th, 2021 and it also shows a mess for us “Congratulations!! Attend your oath on October 26, 2021”

They should also guide us where to buy a Time Machine from!!

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
We are September 2019 applicants, wrote our tests in April 2021 (more than 18 months after submission of applications) then all other checks were completed in July 2021 and then yesterday happened this new debacle (they updated our Oath for a past date).

Now overall, it’s been 26 months plus since submitting the applications, 7 months plus since writing the tests and almost 4 months since all other checks were completed.

and we are in a worse situation than ever - our tracker shows that we received an invitation for oath on Nov 08th, 2021 and it also shows a mess for us “Congratulations!! Attend your oath on October 26, 2021”

They should also guide us where to buy a Time Machine from!!
Maybe you should contact your district MP to speed things up. I saw someone else did that and it worked.

Reactions: mandhaata

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
@mandhaata any update for you ? I also got same issue, please check:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-oath-confusing-status-please-help.749504/

BTW, I called IRCC yesterday and they mention wait for invitation email, but they didn't say why and what that glitch is about. I was not 100% satisfied with the answer. Maybe I will try to call them tomorrow again just to confirm. And on call try this tree - "3 4 0" but yes it take few attempt to get connect with them.

maniacworld

Apr 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is a joke. But given this journey and dealing with IRCC for years leading to citizenship, nothing surprises me .They could pull something new out of the hat any given day

Last edited:
  • Haha

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
@mandhaata any update for you ? I also got same issue, please check:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-oath-confusing-status-please-help.749504/

BTW, I called IRCC yesterday and they mention wait for invitation email, but they didn't say why and what that glitch is about. I was not 100% satisfied with the answer. Maybe I will try to call them tomorrow again just to confirm. And on call try this tree - "3 4 0" but yes it take few attempt to get connect with them.
Yes, I was finally able to talk to a helpdesk person after 10 attempts. No useful information.
She actually said, "Please do not rely on the tracker, its just a system, an application.... its not always reliable"... that's such BS. But then we can hardly even argue with these phone reps.. they are relaying the same messages as they have been told.

She told me as well that I should wait for Oath invitation email and that will be final. Ironically though she also said that currently there is no invitation on my file. No explanation for the glitch other than "its just a system.. an application.. its not always reliable".

Such a headache this application process has been.

And by the way you're the forth person I know now, who has received such an update. Is your also the famous "Mississauga IRCC Office"?

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
@mandhaata Wow something wrong with "Mississauga IRCC Office" :eek:o_O !!
Yes, I applied last yr from Mississauga before moving out. Alright, so far we have a team of 4, good to know :p. Let's wait and watch our inbox (and spam folder, as per agent).

• Love

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Yes, I was finally able to talk to a helpdesk person after 10 attempts. No useful information.
She actually said, "Please do not rely on the tracker, its just a system, an application.... its not always reliable"... that's such BS. But then we can hardly even argue with these phone reps.. they are relaying the same messages as they have been told.

She told me as well that I should wait for Oath invitation email and that will be final. Ironically though she also said that currently there is no invitation on my file. No explanation for the glitch other than "its just a system.. an application.. its not always reliable".

Such a headache this application process has been.

And by the way you're the forth person I know now, who has received such an update. Is your also the famous "Mississauga IRCC Office"?
They are playing with people's lives and feelings with these glitchy systems they spend months and millions of dollar to develop. What a waste of time and money. I am sure IRCC prefers to rely on excel sheets. It's more old school as they prefer and more "reliable".

• Haha

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
@CaBeaver Agree with you ! There is a lot of room to improve yet for IRCC. But from my last ~9 yrs in Canada I saw lots of improvement tho in IRCC system, as that said I think, most of the government sector waster lots of money and time.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
@mandhaata Wow something wrong with "Mississauga IRCC Office" :eek:o_O !!
Yes, I applied last yr from Mississauga before moving out. Alright, so far we have a team of 4, good to know :p. Let's wait and watch our inbox (and spam folder, as per agent).
If I knew about Mississauga IRCC, I would have never applied with a Peel Region address. I would have paid double the rent in any other city, to apply from there. I have warned so many of my friends who have applied after me about the mess that Mississauga IRCC is.

IRCC itself is bad but Mississauga IRCC is yet another level :p