+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath status updated today (Nov 09) with Oath date in the past (Oct 26) - anyone else experienced this?

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
After a lot of calls and emails to IRCC, and agonizing wait, we finally received an update for Oath. However, the fun never ends, so while Oath status is updated today (Nov 09) its is showing Oath scheduled date in the past (Oct 26) - anyone else experienced this?

I have emailed them already. Tried calling them but irrespective of what we choose in the call tree, it ends at "Please call us again later".

What else can we do? Anyone with past experience on this?

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
After a lot of calls and emails to IRCC, and agonizing wait, we finally received an update for Oath. However, the fun never ends, so while Oath status is updated today (Nov 09) its is showing Oath scheduled date in the past (Oct 26) - anyone else experienced this?

I have emailed them already. Tried calling them but irrespective of what we choose in the call tree, it ends at "Please call us again later".

What else can we do? Anyone with past experience on this?
When was your original oath date? I think you'll just have to keep emailing them.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
You sure you’re not scheduled for Oct 26, 2022?
Haha... no it says Oct 26, 2021... also even the chronology in the tracker is showing reverse order. Most likely the office wanted to schedule for Nov 26, 2021 but accidentally it became Oct 26, 2021.

Ideally most software systems would have a validation preventing a past date in a field which will always have a future date. But its an IRCC software/application so anything is possible :(

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
When was your original oath date? I think you'll just have to keep emailing them.
This is my Original Oath date (October 26th). Tracker updated today.

I am 100% sure that the officer might have intended to schedule us for November 26th but accidentally chose October 26th.
And now I am left with this mess of a situation to deal with.

Emailed them already, sent a webform as well.
Not sure what else we can do.

@rajkamalmohanram - need your attention as well. Did you notice this with any other applicant? Any clues or any recommended next best steps?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Haha... no it says Oct 26, 2021... also even the chronology in the tracker is showing reverse order. Most likely the office wanted to schedule for Nov 26, 2021 but accidentally it became Oct 26, 2021.

Ideally most software systems would have a validation preventing a past date in a field which will always have a future date. But its an IRCC software/application so anything is possible :(
Hah, IKR. Even IRCC’s application forms have validation in place for dates, and you’re right, this shouldn’t have been possible in the first place. Hope you get it sorted out (and do your oath) soon.

Reactions: mandhaata

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
The first email i got today from IRCC stated

Hello,

Please regard the previous invite. The correct information will be sent shortly. Apologies for the confusion

Thank you,

I have no clue what it was refering to however, 18 mins after i received the virtual oath notice.

mandhaata

Aug 9, 2019
The first email i got today from IRCC stated

Hello,

Please regard the previous invite. The correct information will be sent shortly. Apologies for the confusion

Thank you,

I have no clue what it was refering to however, 18 mins after i received the virtual oath notice.
Did you also receive an Oath scheduled date which is in the past?

Stuntxd9

May 4, 2015
Visa Office......
KNGVO
App. Filed.......
April 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 2017
Did you also receive an Oath scheduled date which is in the past?
No, mine is the correct date as per online tracker but was eondering about the first email i got. Never made any sense.

Reactions: mandhaata

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
This is my Original Oath date (October 26th). Tracker updated today.

I am 100% sure that the officer might have intended to schedule us for November 26th but accidentally chose October 26th.
And now I am left with this mess of a situation to deal with.

Emailed them already, sent a webform as well.
Not sure what else we can do.

@rajkamalmohanram - need your attention as well. Did you notice this with any other applicant? Any clues or any recommended next best steps?
Yes, this has happened before.

Just write to them and see what they have to say.

ac_2018

Nov 13, 2018
Did you receive a new email about the Oath invite? If not, that probably just means they made a note about your absence or your rescheduling request in your tracker, but not trying to reschedule you yet.